This site?

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This site?
    Posted: 28 May 2003 at 5:42am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Lethal touched on a good point
In getting this site more reconised, I wonder how most people found it in the beginning?
I came accross it by a "favorite sites" listing on another webb site...just cant remember which one
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grounded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 6:59am
Grounded View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good question Barrie. When I joined the CSFC last year I was given a copy of the NZBGFC year book for 2001 (!) and on the last page of that august publication is the URL for the site, so I keyed it in my browser and the rest, as they say, is history.

Chris

It's a mystery to me
I was a Jerk On Line
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 7:39am
KingfishSi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I found it when I did a search for 'fishing' on a search engine. I can't remember which one it was though.
Keep knockin', nobody's home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 7:59am
Spina View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Howdy all. I found this site when looking through other fishing sites, cant remember which one though,NZ fishing I think . Cheers Spina.
Dont waste your time trying to give me a hard time being in politics teaches one very quickly how to turn a deaf eye and a blind ear!
wheres my glasses cant find my hearing aids without them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 9:37am
Paul M View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

NZ Fishing site, basically looking for fishing reports.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 9:48am
alan View Drop Down
New User
New User

followed link from fishsa.com to fishing.net.nz and read kerrens post on there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 10:00am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

ummm.....many moons ago now, but I think it was when I was asked to keep the MSFC pages up to date and was dealing with the then manager - Peter Francis (now at fishing news).

I saw plenty of potential and the infrastructure was good...so I hounded the owners until they finally agreed to meet with me.......At that stage I begged them to upgrade the forum software from the ultra basic to what we have here now.....the rest is....ummm...."future"?....to be continued........

I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 10:30am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I found it along with a similar ausie forum 3 or 4 years ago. It was pretty basic back then, with maybe one or two posts per month. The Aussie site was really ticking along, but the only kiwi content came from Stu Cawker and a guy down Taranaki way who made wind on leaders .. BJs Wind On Leaders i think they were called..... good stuff too. It started to gain momentum here when kerren came on board, then he started talking about sweeping it up,,,, I thought .... here we go..... they had just tried to tidy up the aussie forum and it became so buggy i gave up on it.

But ... here were are. Wonderful stuff.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 12:04pm
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Smudge....

no trying to be a "wonker" here but I did actually have a vision for this place those years ago as yet nothing has been by accident!....

Now who used the original Fishing.net.nz forums?

Smudge, Peter Squid, Barrie, Grant, JW, BushPig, Jacko, Anita, Jerm, Damian, Ross, Joseph.........who else?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 12:19pm
Dino View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I was looking for NZ game fishing reports on the net. Since joining in I have meet some great people, learn't lots of new stuff, got some new spots and caught the odd fish because of it. To every who contributes thanks.

Dino

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kahawai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 1:15pm
Kahawai View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I'd book marked this site a few years ago, and used to come here for info and fishing reports. Found the forum and was starting to get into it and posted a couple of times under my previous handle before the format changed to what it is now.       I was really into this sites  advice and info section, which sadly hasn't been updated with new articles for ages. Neither has the other sections, i used to get into all of them at the start. I used to hang out for damians reports a couple of years ago.     Can we get these cranking again.    It would be great to have advice and info and boat tests again.  Is it possible to put some of NZ fishing News Articles on here like Mays "Mackeral v Mullet" and maybe have the likes of lethal etc write the occassional article, like fishing by the moon, big snapper baits,anchoring correctly etc.              With the calendar is it possible to put bite times according to moon and solunar times into it.   It'd be brilliant. Also a new tide chart or link, i was on an awesome one the other day from another site from the links on this site, it gives just about everywhere in NZ not just major centres.

I really enjoy this site and the forums, just some thoughts to help make it even better.

Kahawai

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 1:19pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Who were you back in the "olden days" kahawai?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kahawai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 1:24pm
Kahawai View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Gregg and Gregg p
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 1:48pm
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great comments Kahawai and all taken on board.

Many of your suggestions are very very high on my/our to do list, but I am sure you can appreciate that this is a time vs money thing.

There are a few options to get this moving - which I can't really elaborate on at this stage....let just say that we will see a self funded, very up-to-date and very informative fishing website that caters to the needs of it's members in the near future.

q: what is access to that sort of information worth?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kahawai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 2:07pm
Kahawai View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Kerren,

Hopefully it won't be too exspensive. I thought this site was tied up with NZ Fishing news, i don't mind an extra dollar a month on the mags price, with the  full paid up yearly subscriber to the mag getting free access to the site. Also great way to promote site and forum through the mag and its advertising.

If i'm too way off, let me know.

Kahawai

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 2:14pm
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi ya Kahawai...

There is no connection/relationship at all between Fishing.net.nz (RealDevelopments) and Fishing News Magazine (INL)....

again some good points in your above post...thanks for the input!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2003 at 4:53pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I would gladly subscribe ...(the Online Fishing Club?). My only worry would be whether or not it would attract new people into the forum.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2003 at 8:08am
Spina View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Howdy all, Hey Kerren set it up, tell the lads where to send there money and bingo, I for one would not object to paying a small fee annualy to keep this awsome site up and cranking,So what do ya say lads? It wont fund its self,So how about it?????,Cheers Spina.
Dont waste your time trying to give me a hard time being in politics teaches one very quickly how to turn a deaf eye and a blind ear!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2003 at 8:19am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hey there Dreemspina....thanks for the vote of confidence mate, but we will see what we can do without passing on the costs to you good folk first OK.

We all might need to get used to the fact that banners and advertising will start to creep in to this site....but I make this promise right now....none of the advertising will be for products that make your willie bigger or spy cams or visa cards etc etc

It will be for the products and/or services that we have tested/endorse and that we use in our sport.

'nuff said!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2003 at 11:07am
Spina View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Kerren, you do a good job mate,Now whats the secret recipe for a bigger willie i know a few limp dicks that might need the info Heh heh heh, This site is the best fishing info and sounding board that I know of keep it up, cheers spina.
Page  12>