Flyswap

Page  123 4>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwitroutbum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flyswap
    Posted: 15 Aug 2006 at 1:50pm
kiwitroutbum View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

What about a flyswap for the trouties?
I'm happy to coordinate.
Theme?
Numbers
Whos in?Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote waitakidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2006 at 6:22pm
waitakidan View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I'd be keen Simon. How about beadheads? Nice and simple but still plenty of scope for creativity. 10-12 is probably the max you would want to have is it?
Dan
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote upstream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2006 at 7:44pm
upstream View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I'm in Simon. How about everybody ties their favourite go-to nymph? i.e. not just the standard old patterns.

You might want to explain to the trouties how a fly swap works?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwitroutbum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2006 at 7:45pm
Gold
Gold

Cool with me Dan. Loved the clouser. Did you paint the eyes yourself?

Bead heads and when we hit 10 flytiers we'll close it.

Should provide some nice flies for opening!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2006 at 8:18pm
Pole Dancer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm in... but PLEASE no friggen Hare and Coppers or Pheasant tails!!!!
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Clark
www.clarkreid.co.nz   FFF Certified Casting Instructor / Umpqua Designer Tier
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote waitakidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2006 at 9:04pm
Silver
Silver

Simon, why would I waste my time painting clouser eyes? Don't you know lead is toxic and will make your man bits droopy? Wink No, I bought them that way - may not make them catch more fish, but it sure makes them look good. Still have your double hook rigs in an addressed enveloope sitting on my kitchen bench - will chuck them in the post one of these days.
Dan
Will have to clear away all my slinky fibre and 4/0 hooks and hunt out some trouty materials.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwitroutbum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2006 at 9:52pm
Gold
Gold

To bad about the lead, I thought it was the wine! You should be able to sue the people who sold it to ya Dan!Big smile
Lead?
When will it be banned in Turangi? Tin and tungstan substitutes?
Off to Tongas tomorrow. I could have used those rigs to snare me a few spawners!Wink
Agreed Clark!LOL

Good thinking Upstream!
Fly swap goes like this.
Say you're in and my postal address will pop up when we have a quorum.
Send 10 flies and SAE to me and I will redistribute flies from each tier back to you. Go and fish with new patterns!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote upstream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2006 at 11:16am
upstream View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Come on guys, only 4 people in so far.

This is a perfect opportunity to swap your crappy old flies for some works of perfection from the great Clark Reid and others.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tobias Alawishous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2006 at 11:45am
Tobias Alawishous View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

If I could tie i'd be in like flynn. Would a not so common commercial fly be acceptable ? If not no drama I'll just have to learn to tie.

Cheers

Tobias
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote waitakidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2006 at 12:24pm
Silver
Silver

Simon, you could always make the limit 11 - everyone still only ties ten flies, you just don't get one of your own back, just ten new ones.
Just an idea.
Dan
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2006 at 8:38pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tobias Alawishous Tobias Alawishous wrote:

If I could tie i'd be in like flynn. Would a not so common commercial fly be acceptable ? If not no drama I'll just have to learn to tie.

Cheers

Tobias

Yeah mate why not..

Clark

and yeah, start tying. will run a clinic in your area soon.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tobias Alawishous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2006 at 8:35pm
Tobias Alawishous View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Searuns should be turning up shortly so timing for a trip down this way could be good. I'll put the word around and see if I can generate a bit of interest.

Cheers

Toby
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dohboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2006 at 7:43am
Dohboy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Clark Reid Clark Reid wrote:

I'm in... but PLEASE no friggen Hare 
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Clark

Gee Clark that puts me out as its the only one i can tie that looks any good.
Dean

www.acewash.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote waitakidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2006 at 10:44am
Silver
Silver

Come on guys, there must be some other tiers out there? Heres a great chance to get some new patterns to try for the coming season.
How many are you up to now Simon?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwitroutbum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2006 at 2:17pm
Gold
Gold

6 I think Dan, including Tobias and Dohboy
Surely there must be someone else? Spread the word guys. I think we'll even take the BH h&c if we have too just to make a quorum. I agree that 11 tiers and 10 flies is the way to go if we can get there. Otherwise I will close it at the end of August and we can just ty what there?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mattml Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2006 at 3:36pm
Mattml View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Alright......... when are they due. Do trout take gotchas??Smile Just kidding. I'll tie up some MRE's that fooled a few fussy fish last summer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2006 at 5:57pm
Titanium
Titanium

No way Dohboy,... go for it!!!

I'll tie mine as soon as I know the numbers... you back home Si????
Clark
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwitroutbum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2006 at 7:59pm
Gold
Gold

Yep. Wish I was fishing.WackoUnhappy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwitroutbum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2006 at 9:56pm
Gold
Gold

Come on guys there must be a few more out there!Thumbs Up

I'll close this off at the end of the month with whoever is about and perhaps after the screaming success of the first one more will do the second?!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2006 at 9:32am
Titanium
Titanium

How many we got?

I'm tying a Reid's Stonefly...

Clark
Page  123 4>