Ideas and feedback

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ideas and feedback
    Posted: 22 Jul 2006 at 6:09am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post your ideas on how you think we can improve The Fishing Website forums here. Every idea is a good one and your input will help shape the future of our on-line community.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MikeP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2007 at 2:01pm
MikeP View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Excellent site guys.  I wonder whether you had considered the effects of your policy to require members to make 25 posts before being able to upload pictures?  I am sure that a lot of the "congratulations" and awesome fish" type posts are nothing more than people trying to rack up their 25 posts.
Regards,
Mike

... Since writing the above I see it only takes 15 posts before you can upload pictures.  Wish I could get out fishing now.  Maybe then I would have some  pics of my own to upload.
I also  noticed that the guys posting messages of congrats, support and encouragement have lots of posts so my whinge was basically a load of cr#p.  Great site guys don't take any notice at all of me.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2007 at 6:19am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

How's about changing the Super14 forum to a Sports forum so we can post up any general sports stuff we like (we seem to do that in there anyway but doesnt seem to be taking up too much space so far)

And maybe even an OffTopic section for posting such as the links to the various youtube and website funnys that pop up from time to time?
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2007 at 10:11am
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not sure if this has been mentioned before. Through the endeavours of forum members organising printed shirts and beanies (which I dont have) has anyone thought of getting the website stickers done, that one can display of cars boats etc, good way to further advertise this site.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2007 at 11:03am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

I have had a couple of stickers done recently as it happens Tzer - we're just looking at some design aspects for the website masthead and then could do a reasonable run if there's enough interest.  Is anyone keen to be involved in the merchandise aspect of the site - if so give me a shout as there is a good opportunity with beanies etc and we have a supplier who can get us some excellent quality gear.....

Contact me at [email protected], 021-996-955 or via PM.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2007 at 12:36pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

How are the stickers coming along Grunta ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 9:20pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I find it is annoying how the search defaults to show results as 'posts' instead of 'topics'.

I like having a list of topics more, find it easier to find what I am after.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2007 at 4:04pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I need some stickers for the wagon how are they coming along Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 9:09pm
tas-tackle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi Grunta...
Just had a look at the html source page for forum members settings.. in particular the " Location"  choices... It would be a simple matter to change the "Select Country"  to "Select Location" and removing the country entries and replacing them with NZ locations... More conducive to the site and gives a better idea of members locations for possible fishing trips etc...

http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 9:14pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Ginge does that stuff so I'll talk to him and see what's involved. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 11:12am
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The search facility doesn't allow searches of less than 3 characters yet we have handles of 2 e.g. "MJ". This prevents you trying to find
posts by MJ. It is therefore impossible to find the post if you cannot remember which thread you saw it in. Even if you go to his profile, you cannot find his posts.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tugboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2007 at 10:41pm
tugboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Gidday grunta im not sure if i right here so please correct me if im wrong..When sending a private message with a photo attached do you have to upload the photo to a server like photobucket first?? if so why cant we just send them like we do when we post up pics on a forum??? maybe im not making sence
cheers tug
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2007 at 7:19pm
Titanium
Titanium

Grunta.... back in May I mentioned re having the ability to post ones location in the members list... I have seen many occasions where fisho's location is not known when arranging possible fishing trips and meetings etc...  can anything be done about this ???

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2007 at 10:06pm
Titanium
Titanium

What about a page for f.net members to post their boat names and call sign numbers.... 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2007 at 12:34pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Sorry about the delay on this guys - quite simply I'd missed it - thanks Uncle for the heads up!   

Re location:  The forum software we use has to be customised. Every time we change versions, all that customisation has to be put into the new version, tested and the bits that no longer work in the new version re-coded.....  We're just going to Version 9.05 and that has had a heap of changes so this one has been really costly.....  It's a good idea though and is on the list of things to improve.

Re: PM's plus images - you can link somewhere to a pic (like a post you have made on the site) but the current version of the software doesn't support pics in PM's.  E-mail would be a better option for sending pics or something like skype.

Re Page:  Start a thread on that very topic in the boating section John as a short term option and if there's enough interest, we'll look at something a bit more comprehensive......
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 6:02pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

How about creating a off topic forum for random non fishing related topics, at the moment they are mainly posted in the forum for saltwater fishing forums.  Or turn the "Rugby Forum" into the"Off Topic", the rugby forum is rarely used. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Haydan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 6:39pm
Haydan View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

One thing that’s been bugging me for a while now is the active topic function which doesn’t seem to always work. Often (But not always) when I click on it it shows the first page fine but when I go to try to see the second page of unread posts it resets my time and so shows no new posts.

When I am searching back to try and find old posts (Say posts with Whangarei from the past year in the fishing report forum) it times out and can't give me search results. (Seems to happen on almost all "in the last year" searches.) Would be great to be able to do this.

I’d also love better organized fishing report forums (Reports by area)  to make it easier to know the area someone is talking about before opening the post.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 7:01pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Haydan. I have experienced exactly the same problem with "Active Topics", I thought it was just my Internet browser so had not complained about it. 

Searching often generates errors for me also. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sooshee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 10:15pm
sooshee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yup I've got the Active Topics problem too- thought it was either due to my slow internet connection or cookie settings.
It does not happen all the time but usually (not always) when the pages I 've clicked on are still loading, and I click on second or subsequent pages.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Haydan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 5:03am
Haydan View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

That may be it Sooshe, I have noticed it does it less often when I leave the first page alone for a while. I have a pretty quick connection though, I think the slowness issue maybe on the server side? Would explain the search timing out as well.
Page  12>