whats your favourite fishn show

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: whats your favourite fishn show
    Posted: 23 May 2006 at 6:21pm
fush View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Whats your favourite fishn and hunting shows

While a get a chance to see a few of them I dont get to see em all. With no sky (only free to air) I sometimes wonder what I am missing.

Heres how my favourite stack up

1 / Primes Hooked on fishing. What a beauty of a programme. Great host backed by a bunch of lovely co host chicky babes. Fishing off shore locations I only dream of. Places like Vanuatu have been done to death many times but not on this programe. Quickly slipping from no 1 spot as it has not been on for a while

2 / Its the longest running and its back to the top of the list. The last two seasons have been family orientated but this season Greame is back in full stride. If your sick of watching another snapper being caught or another marlin from northland, tonga or vanuatu then watch Greame as he fishes northern Ozzie for bara or sth westland of NZ for 20lb browns.
Because its on so regulary its fast becoming my number one again. I know every sat at 530 I can sit infront of the TV and see some awesome fishing. Mr Sinclair at his best.

3 / ITM fishing. Was the number one. But slipped off the rader. Not on often enough to get hooked. The first two programmes were the best fishing shows ever with all new footage filmed such as that filmed under water. Soon became a show on catching another snapper. Has some ground to make up on the top 2. Pity I missed the last show that may have been the turning point.

4 / Gulf harbour outdoors. What a pitiful programme this has become. Self image promotion and lack of new and exciting content. The sponsers must be ready to pull the plug. Last month Mr Thomas was catching small snapper under the Akl harbour bridge. Making comments how lucky we are catching snapper so close to the city and how unfortunit it was for those driving home in rush hour. I live right there so why sell up and buy property in Gulf Harbour - sorry Mr Thomas but you did your major sponser a great unjustice. Your show has been done before.

5 / Not sure of the name but some pomey twat was course fishing 5pm on one. What a load of bollocks this was

6 / Aotearoa Hunting. 10pm Mondays on Maori TV. I would love to watch this little beauty but at 10pm. Anyone seen it

7 / Adam Clancies fishing programme. Saw it once on prime. Is it still going. Was a good programme but didnt get to see it much on sky

So how do your favourites stack up?????

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 6:26pm
Bullet22 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hunting Aoteoroa has been pig/deer hunting pretty much the last 4 or so weeks.  Keen to see some fishing to be fair.  Surprised they can get away with actually showing footage of cutting of throats and gutting dear right by the river side - hard case...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter da Squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 6:29pm
Peter da Squid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

you're a hard bugger to please!
Good for Nuthin
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeenAs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 7:12pm
KeenAs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Amen Sir Squided one!!!! Normally out fishing when there on anyway . . . much more fun out there doin' it than watchin . ..  admittedly they normally catch more and better than i . . ..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 8:02pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If I can't get out fishing I'd happily watch all of them, fishing, talking about fishing or watching fishing its all good. If I had to take my pick (esp as I don't have sky...bugger) so far I have liked the ITM fishing show the most because its no BS and its just like being out fishing with good mates with all the banter and humour.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dunnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 8:03pm
dunnit View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Quote: Originally posted by Bullet22 on 23 May 2006

Hunting Aoteoroa has been pig/deer hunting pretty much the last 4 or so weeks.  Keen to see some fishing to be fair.  Surprised they can get away with actually showing footage of cutting of throats and gutting dear right by the river side - hard case...

hey why do you think its on that channel....thats why they get away with it
so many rods and only two arms
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 8:07pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

definatley sinclair but must say why itm was on that was a winner would so love to see more of that............hint hint     geoff thomas  yeh well sorry doesnt really hit the spot anymore same old same old bit like that bloody cook on sinclairs show master chef this master chef that.

BUT MY BIGGEST BIT.H ABOUT ALL OF THEM IS THERES NOT ENOUGH LAND BASED KERRAN we dont all have boats

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 8:11pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Gone fishing, Great out doors, the ITM show have brought a breath of fresh air to the shows i watch oh and of course me old mate Billy Ho always informative and a bit of a laugh.

Great out doors and Gone fishing no matter what anyone says are still interesting and have done 1 hell of a lot for new zealand fishing as a whole.

look at it this way before ITM show came along what were you watching? I hear all sorts on here bagging them but i am sure if Geoff or Graham were regular contributors to this site they would not be spoken ill of.

Go ITM looking forward to the new seasons big boys having already sampled a wee bit of a big black boy have you guys got something to look forward to.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotowarriors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 8:17pm
Rotowarriors View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

ITM number 1 easily. Can i have some free stuff now please

Hunting Aotearoa and Mr Sinclair pretty good too, same with Kai Time when they do fishin or huntin

Not a big fan of Mr Thomas & Mr Clancy's shows

The ESPN game fishing and free diving shows are pretty good, now they catch some massive fish. Fish On was another mean yankee fishin show. 3 hot chicks in bikinis pulling up marlin sailfish tuna and the like. What more could a red blooded kiwi male want. (maybe split screen all black game)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 8:18pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

good post BA, well said.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 9:09pm
Phats View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What a crock BA

Youve told me so many times you call a spade a spade, as do I, but now you say we wouldnt say a show is crap if the presenter was on this forum ?

Sorry mate, I will call it crap no matter whos around if its warranted

As for the ratings I only make a point of watching one as the others became even more crap once someone else set the standard

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 9:17pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Quote: Originally posted by Rotowarriors on 23 May 2006
3 hot chicks in bikinis pulling up marlin sailfish tuna and the like. What more could a red blooded kiwi male want. (maybe split screen all black game)

Dang now thats a thought, 50inch plasma the AB's and fishing all at the same time with a few coldies nice
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Dish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 10:24pm
Fish Dish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thats all very well, I think the ITM fishing show is the best, but then they havent been on as long as the others.

I agree that we should see more land based and more kites and kontikis and maybe they could get a bit more technical as well. Most of the people watching are into fishing and if fishing is the biggest participation sport in NZ, we are fishos not TV watchers like most rugby, soccer or archery people. We go fishing.

So show us new new bits . How about the soft plastics and what is working best, what about netting flounder. Geoff Thomas had that guy in the Manukau catching flounder on line - I think it may have been a fly line actually. Good stuff. What about Snap going out and hunting down and killing the Great White that attacked him. Local Kiwi Boy gets revenge could be the title.

Don't like Derek the Chef much either, didnt think he was that great when he compered the Gulf Harbour Fishing competition. You have to be very circumspect when you move into the public arena, and he ain't the goods.

Graeme Sinclair does quite a good job , just like to see more variety, and a guy swallowing a billiard cue really doesnt do a lot for most fishos. We see enough gut hooked fish without some idiot doing this. Geoff Thomas, shouldn't do the acting in the advert for Gulf Harbour - its crap. I thought his show down by the Auckland Hrbour Bridge was quite good. He needs to stop treating us as though we dont know anything at all.

Finally 5pm, great fishing time - not TV watching time. Idiots who put the shows on at this time of the day.

You can go to the ITM fishing show on the TV website and watch all the shows so far - Good stuff.

One more Kingie
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 11:33pm
Rusky View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yea i hate it when the presenters start telling you how to fish rather then show them actually fishing like what fish dish is saying. 

Just hardcore fishing for 30 minutes is all i want. and no commercials would be great, but thats asking for the impossible basically!

Cheers!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 3:49am
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

any show is a good show...
Waikato North Harbourmaster...Got a Nav Safety question for the Waikato region?...call me 021705642 or download the app Marine Mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 7:51am
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Quote: Originally posted by tobez on 24 May 2006
any show is a good show...

I so agree with you tobez. I will watch any show. Its my choice to watch. if I dont like it i turn it off and do something else. This is done with out *****ing and moaning. We all like different things and just because I didnt enjoy it doesnt mean others wont.

It wasnt that long ago a certain memeber was chastised for saying they didnt like something yet there is an amount of that in this thread. For shame.
I would rather laugh with the Sinners, than cry with the Saints
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Imortal2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 8:06am
Imortal2 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

fav show dingo and friends
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 8:16am
fush View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi Guys

Really keen to here what people like not what they dont like. Many of us are out fishing and doing it and miss all the shows that are on. There are heaps on Sky from the likes of ESPN. Love to know if they are a good programme.

Dont turn the thread into a "I dont like"

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jerm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 8:52am
jerm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Any show hosted by a keen Kiwi angler who's taken the gumption to do what he's doing.....how can you take the piss out of a like minded person? I take my hat off to all of them - they are promoting a fantastic sport and long may they all continue. I must say I don't see to many as like a few here, tend to be out fishing a lot but do try and catch them when I'm not.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 9:14am
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I watched a episode with Derek the Chef he might be ok on the old BBQ but man his fishing technique hauling in a couple of pannies was nothing short of ugly and cack handed (and that was with a fixed spool maybe he needs to up grade to a hand line ).
Page  12>