How about.............

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How about.............
    Posted: 14 Apr 2006 at 7:45pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A forum just for lure makers, how to, where from, costs, techniques, success, failure.
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grounded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2006 at 7:55am
Grounded View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You wanting to come out of the closet Andy? Or just feeling lonely?

Chris

It's a mystery to me
I was a Jerk On Line
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2006 at 10:22am
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Both !
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rockhopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2006 at 5:41pm
Rockhopper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

If we include SP's as its a construction forum you have my vote.

Now whilst were at it.......

I would  "retire" the boat ramp , kitchen , aunty's (sorry) and the fish tank. Now I'm not saying toss them in the bin but the information is pretty static and all the when's where' and how's have been answered. Perhaps we need to hive them off to a vault rather than have the on the front page as I think we are probably already in forum overload.

Whilst were at it, the ITM "channels" should be combined into one forum. Bring in C2C and put it all under a media banner.

Drop the frames based screen layout cos I'm pissed off going to the fishing calendar when I wanted to go back to all forums.  Put the links on the front page and move some of the adds there to keep the balance of the page.

Now you get the whole thing into a 1024x768 page layout and you dont have to scroll,  so your sponsers get more eye time and you can double the rates. Everybodys happy.  

Why does the answer to all government problems involve taking more of my money ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dohboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2006 at 8:36am
Dohboy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I agree with Rockhopper
A "construction form" would be great, you can have all the home made bits and pices included ie. game lure making , sp, jigs and even rodbuilding.
Dean
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2006 at 3:46pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I suggested a S/P forum a month or so ago but seemed a bit disinterested... suppose we have enough to sift through

plus, means I can keep my own versions secret...when the gear arrives
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2006 at 4:22pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I agree with the above, and think a small front page would be a little easier to use (and shorter to load?)

However, I would like to see an Overseas trips forum in there as well, for those going, wanting to go etc to the islands.

cheers, Stu.

It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2006 at 6:31pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I like the idea of an overseas forum too Stu. That could save plenty of time and dosh wasted on trips that were apparently well planned but the boat and skipper turned out to be a non event.

I've always fished NZ waters but the time has come for me to "have a look" elswhere so any specific forum that could give the ups and downs would be helpfull.

I'm sure many anglers who grace these halls fish offshore and the nitty gritty feedback would be worth squillions in time and effort to all of us.
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2006 at 6:42pm
Naki View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

And perhaps putting the most recent posts section at the top of the page. As probably like most users I scrooooll to the most recent posts first.

There is already a Technical forum, which could be "rejigged" (pun intended).

President of the "Pontoon Owners Club".
I started off with nothing and now I still have most of it left!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2006 at 7:24pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yip good stuff also 1 for those on here who hunt/fish etc and also what about a hints and tips one, what do you reacon Grunta??? any thoughts.

so many guys ask for how too's etc and alot on here hunt and it is in the briney bar....just my 2 cents.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2006 at 8:12pm
Phats View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Put one on here for the Lurkers.

They can all go and sift info off the empty page they havnt contributed too....

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ski  da mofo!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2008 at 3:36pm
ski da mofo!! View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

guess nothin ever came of the luremakers thread ac but just as a bit of input ..
ac held a lure making day at his place and dohboy squid and myself attended. we all learnt the art from the "man"and since then i have acumulated various sparkles glitters,pauashells eyes and other bits and bobs and have attemted to make a couple of lure heads over the winter months.as with any new trial i cvame across a few hiccups such as bubbles in my moulds but good ol ac had the answer to fix that .ive enjoyed making the lures and will continue to perfect the art and eventually i will land a marlin on one of my own lures so a big thanx to ac a true legend (even if he aint caught a marlin from his own boat!!)
BIG FISH IS WHERE ITS AT