Launch hire

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rowannicks@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Launch hire
    Posted: 01 May 2023 at 1:37pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I’m coming home for a visit in July. Have spent countless hours trying to find a small 8-10m bare boat launch hire. I know many years ago there were quite a few. Or is it my limited ability on google that is the issue?
Basically just for one or two nights. Weather dependent. Travel to Waiheke or Kawau.
I have many years of experience in these waters so ability is not the issue. I hope.
If anyone has any advice or recommendations. Can you please forward them to me.
[email protected]
Much regards Rowan
I miss killing things in NZ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 4:27pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Hi Rowan. getmyboat.com looks legit. Give them a try. 
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 6:30pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Happy to do full gulf trip on my smaller game launch if want to pitch in for fuel… will even leave rods at home so you can focus on the sight seeing experience. Can hit waiheke, rakino and kawau in a day for you.
You can sleep overnight if you wish (delux airbed for two)  on a blow up mattress under the stars. I will sleep up forward in cabin in my own bed. I may have to turn bilge on intermittently through night to clear a little water coming in through scuppers. But can reach switch without walking over you.
It would be your most economic option.
I too am appropriately qualified to offer this service  (may have expired… but ask for only contribution to fuel, so legal) and have always been very customer/ passenger comfort focused.
Also have some nice sleeping bags for you to use at no charge.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 6:45pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Tanya ( my wife and Rowan’s brother) just read this and said I am available for a  day trip at no charge.Ouch
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rowannicks@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 6:47pm
Silver
Silver

Cheers for the info and assistance.
Much as your kind offer is enlightening Shane. I think your snoring may not be so conducive to a romantic getaway.
Will keep investigating with the info above.
Cheers Rowan.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 8:22pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

As per previous deleted post… happy to take you out for day.., taking rods optional,  if you’d like me to take some, or not.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote rowannicks@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 8:24pm
Silver
Silver

Wash your mouth out with soap. How dare you utter such foul words. Leave the rods behind? What sane man could possibly utter such tripe.
I had fallen for this act once many moons ago. Whilst enjoying a chilled beverage with my good lady, noticed some squid in the vicinity. Quick work and a couple of minutes later. I had some spare squid jigs on the boat in action. Within a short period of time. We had a mild competition on hand. Using a handy toll of light trace we commenced to use hand lines to score a good feed of calamari.
I’ve not felt that illness come over me again since then. 😳�£
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rowannicks@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 8:28pm
Silver
Silver

Re the bare boat. My memory is going back some 20 plus years. When there were several approximately 30-32 foot. 8 knot displacement launches bareboat available for hire. Which is what I had in the deep dark twitches in my mind. But I’m not sure if insurance costs Covid and a myriad of other factors have changed the hiring opportunity I was hoping for.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Dagwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 8:12am
Dagwood View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sounds like you might be recalling the Warwick 36's that were available in the Bay of Islands from Rainbow charters. Could be wrong but I think they're long gone.

Could be worth reaching out to this company: https://www.gulfharbourcharters.co.nz

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rowannicks@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 9:14am
Silver
Silver

Hi Dagwood. Yes I believe you are right. We have found the Sian and she seems to be the only one that comes up with extensive searches.