Here it is! What EVERYONE has been waiting for

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here it is! What EVERYONE has been waiting for
    Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 1:31pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

The 2023 Franklin Hunting & Fishing Grunter Hunter tickets will be on sale at their big shop in Pukekohe from Wednesday April 26. 

Tickets are $30 for Adult CSFC members, $20 for CSFC Jnr members, $50 for Adult non-members & $30 for Jnr non-members.

The event is on June 11th this year and we will do our favourite thing with an in store chat about gurnard fishing in The Big Muddy on Saturday 3rd of June. We're happy to talk about any west side fishing. There will be all three of us that fished the Nationals on light tackle so happy to talk about silly string stuff for big west coast snapper too.

The team at Franklin H&F have some knowledgeable staff too. Chad, who knows the harbour well, Mike who really knows his landbased stuff on the harbour, Thomas who has some real SWF cred, Dave who due to circumstances hasn't fished since the last GH but is a BBQ expert and of Course Matt, John & Raewyn who I'm sure will be very keen to fish the event. Thanks for your sponsorship guys!

I'll announce when on line tickets are for sale, I don't know how to sort that so will hand that on Big smile
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 1:32pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Ohhh did I say there is $3000 for the heaviest gurnard???
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 1:44pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Ohhh did I say there is $3000 for the heaviest gurnard???

No, and you didn't mention the $500 for the average weight gurnard either Smudge!

Or the lucky draws & raffles.

Or that you're going to get a gurnard tattoo if you finally manage to win it Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 1:48pm
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What times the prizegiving?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 2:18pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Great question Deacs Big smile

Weigh in is between 3pm and 4pm and prizegiving will be as soon as the results are known, approx 5.00pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 9:13pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sorry to bother you Smudge,  but can we get a ticket at our local H&F on Shore and can North Shore and Whangaporoa residents  enter this … or is it strictly Counties affair only? 
Secondly, if answer to first question is yes, can we stay with you Smudge for some Koha (Jim Beam) or should we find our own accomodation?
And related question to that possibility, is what is possibility of parking on your driveway with a large four wheel drive and relatively small boat. And what is your security like?
Joking aside, where is weigh in … and more importantly how long from Orua Bay camp ground by road is it to the weigh in towing a boat?
Just asking for a friend.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 10:00pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ahh bugger… just remembered it’s my friends dad’s  85th birthday lunch that day. My friend will be gutted, as really wanted to take that comp out for the east side. Shame can’t delete that previous silly post.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 6:13am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

All good Shane but to answer your 'questions' anyway: The event is open to anyone. There is loads of parking at my place and it's 5mins from the site. There is limited accommodationvbut can host a couple of people and plenty of room for campervans etc here and at the venue. I think Orua Bay no longer accepts new customers and it is about 20to 30 mniutes further up the peninsula