World drowning statistics

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World drowning statistics
    Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 12:26pm
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/drownings/by-country/. I found this very interesting, I have been on forced isolation for a few days and browsing YouTube and in particular the boat ramp vids from the USA. Hard to believe many of them return alive. Haven't seen anyone of them with a life jacket yet
slowly going where everyone else has already been
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 8:57pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fat floats Evil Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 9:35pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I thought Kiwis were reckless on the water, but that Haulover Inlet stuff is next level stupidity.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 10:16pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Tonto2 Tonto2 wrote:

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/drownings/by-country/. I found this very interesting, I have been on forced isolation for a few days and browsing YouTube and in particular the boat ramp vids from the USA. Hard to believe many of them return alive. Haven't seen anyone of them with a life jacket yet

I guess they think it's against their constitution Martyn
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 1:25pm
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Some expected stats there. Countries surrounded by water are high on drownings, the Pacific Islands are right up there, but check out Jamaica
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 2:08pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just come back from there, to many big boats with lots of big motors and pretty much everyone drinking beer.

Most of the boats had 4 x 425hp Yamahas and saw lots with 6 x 425hp or 600hp motors.

Crazy ship
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 11:20am
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 2:52pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tonto2 Tonto2 wrote:

like this

All the gear and no idea Confused
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 5:06pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep I had to drive a 5.8mtr rib in and out of the Fort Lauderdale channel entrance every day - which is very much like the Hanover, towing 2 sailing cats. We got totally swamped on the first day by some wancer in a bit superyatch. He didn’t even slow down.

It was like doing a raglan bar crossing every day