Tzer

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tzer
    Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 6:20pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I have heard from Craig and he is OK. For those who don't know he is in Gisborne. I sincerely hope all our other fishing.netters are ok
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 7:31pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Indeed, & thoughts go out to others in that region.
Has anyone heard from Alan L?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 7:46pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ditto uncle I hope is ok… one of my favourites on here. Bloody good fella and great participator.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 7:46pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Alan L and family are OK.  I'm sure he will come on here when he is able. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 8:45pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks "smudge" thats a relief
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 8:52pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Only got internet and power in last few hrs. Generator  flown in from ChCh (daughter).
No water. Buckets, and wash in the pool. First swim of the yr.
Damage around here is unbelievable.Far bigger than ChCh earthquake I am sure.
Went thru cyclone Pam in Vtu. This is 10 x worse.
Only just got out to town yday. Had to helicopter in to property few days ago - wife was on her own. I was in chCh.
We have no damage - on a hill, but houses below us munted. Have lots of pics - but prob too hard to post right now.
This is massive. Now we got burglars prowling the place. About to park a van across the driveway. Some #$%#@ is flying a drone at night and posting the details to mongrel Mob. Then there was the MM at gunpoint demanding a big ass generator from a servo station. The cops got them I think.
Have been told the death toll is muuuch higher than reported. When you see what they had to escape from is understandable.
Regards
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 9:09pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks Alan. Scary for your wife.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 11:23pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good on you Alan, my thoughts are with you. Not much help really, wish I could be there to  help you and your neighbours. All the best.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 8:42am
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

All the very best to you, Tzar and everyone else who has been impacted by this beast. When you look at the last 10 or so years, I think we're all over 'significant events'

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 1:00pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sadly that seems to be the case, one of my wife's friends has a husband who is an undertaker and he has headed to one of the affected areas to help out as they are expecting the locals to be unable to cope with the influx -that would not be necessary with the current reported numbers.  I'd really like him to have a wasted trip, we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm very thankful that we got off so lightly here, a couple of days without power is an inconvenience but nothing compared to how hard some have been hit.  As for those out looting places, we should just send the army in and shoot them -people who would do that sort of thing would be no loss to the world.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 8:19pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Good to hear from you Alan, I forgot you were down that way Embarrassed. That is a very sobering post. So bad what has happened down there.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 8:40pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hectic day.
Managed to get generator wired to hse. That helps. Managed to get water supply going - tanker water - but issues with the lines to hses. Sorted now. Was loosing water. Managed to weld a gate back on hinges. We have 16 families living in here. Can lock gates now. Used all my welding rods.
Even managed to get Ins Co to approve work going foward. Can't wait for paper work BS. We are on bore water. The power box went under water. Full of onions.
Got a guy organised to come and sort tomorrow. But we are a long way from getting power. Had breakfast at mid day.
Sleep tonight.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 8:43pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Forgot. Black Power moved in to a Pack n Save today. Posted guards at the door, chucked all shoppers out, filled their trolleys and left. Without paying of course.
Nash gave them a telling off. Thank goodness for that.
I have been told by two good sources now, death toll in triple figures.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 9:02pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

AlanL, I really can't put into words how that makes me feel.
Those bistards need to be sidelined, outed & gone, imho
At this time, everyone should be working together, for the betterment of the whole community, not just for those twerps & their wants.
The word that comes to mind, is "sick" 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 8:43pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

As for Tzer, Craig, Gizzy has massive Comm problems. It may be a while.
We have whanau there and up the coast and it has been a mission to get any news.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 10:21pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Relatively speaking Gisborne itself got off lightly with just some areas of town affected, up the coast and inland well thats a different story. Communications in Gisborne was restored yesterday with both phones & internet now available, thats not to say some may be still affected, our water supply will take quite sometime to restore the main line from the dam that supplies town water..
As Alan has said news over the past week has been a mission to know what is going on in our district with the media more focused on Hawkes Bay and Auckland, we are only now seeing some of the damage left behind from the cyclone showing how peoples lives have been affected but more so just what the state of the roading network is like.
Coming months once things slowly to return to anything resemblancing normality, will be the inquiries and who will blame who will be the telling factor, forestry companies, goverment (central & local) I beilieve will need to take a good hard look at themselves. Just goes to show how not only this govt but previous govts have ignored NZ infrastructure in favour of appeasing certain groups and failed wasteful policies over the years. All political parties need to stop trying to score polictical points and just get on with working together in the interests of this country and not themsleves.
Disappointing to see govt ministers in my view refusing to acknowledge the criminal behaviour and looking to make excuses for their soft approach to the looting and crime in general.
About all Im going to say on the subject, many of us will have friends & family badly affected by this and our attention should be on them.

Lot of photos here showing the devastation  http://www.facebook.com/shellieevansphotography
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 11:13pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Marshall law with a curfew. Would be a good idea and shoot to kill, Dead men tell no lies.

Glad to hear from you Tzer,Take care  and your family .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 6:35pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Alan L Alan L wrote:

Forgot. Black Power moved in to a Pack n Save today. Posted guards at the door, chucked all shoppers out, filled their trolleys and left. Without paying of course.
Alan
Really struggling to find information on Gangs taking over supermarkets. Eastern districts area commander denies any claims
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 4:24pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The pic on side of road is just outside our shared driveway.
Common sight when you drive around.
The other pic is just around our corner. About 20 concrete power poles gone.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 7:42pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

Originally posted by Alan L Alan L wrote:

Alan
Really struggling to find information on Gangs taking over supermarkets. Eastern districts area commander denies any claims
Not sure what you want me to do?
A number of people have told me same, and I got it from a woman whose mothers lives over the road from the supermarket.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Page  12>