Recommendation for a surf casting combo

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1b5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommendation for a surf casting combo
    Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 12:00pm
1b5 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi all, looking for a new surf casting combo, will mainly use it for surfcasting with the occasional rock fishing trips. any recommendations? have up to $350 to spend. 

The following combos had caught my eyes so far:

thanks in advance!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Richie99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 9:31am
Richie99 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hello there, so I don’t do a heap of surf fishing but I have done a fair bit of rock fishing and generally for rock fishing I wouldn’t take longer then an 11’ rod, plus depending on your capability long rods can be very difficult to cast if you have too heavy or too light a sinker or too long a trace. My favorite fishing shop is currently burnsco but the penn link you sent looks pretty decent as you will have plenty extra to spend on tackle.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 9:43pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

All depends on rod action when using surf rods for rock fishing
I have 12 & 14 foot surf rods, the 12 foot is an overhead Uglystik, softer rod for lighter line weight & to me is ideal as a rock rod, but the 14 footer is terrible, too stiff & heavy
Its best to chat with the guys at marine deals for what you want & what you want to do with the combo, they will give you the best advice
Those Galant rods are very popular at the moment
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1b5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 10:02am
1b5 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

thanks for the input, make sense to me about if the rod is too long it will be hard to cast on the rock, cheers!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1b5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 10:04am
1b5 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

yeah, saw quite a few people using those Galant rods on the local beach and that's what initiated my google search Tongue