Firth fishing well

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Firth fishing well
    Posted: 29 Dec 2022 at 2:12pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Launched my little 3.7 quintrex this morning and shot out into the middle of the firth. Dragged softbaits and micro jigs and had my limit in about 45 minutes, nothing big but a nice feed for the next couple of days.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2022 at 5:55pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nephew went out with his friend and did the same,1 hr limit.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gurnard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 2:19pm
gurnard View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice work. I need to get out there. I usually only fish the farms but am keen to give the middle or shallows a go with softbaits and jigs. Roughly how deep is the middle ? I only have a 12ft Frypan with a 15hp but it gets anywhere pretty quickly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 2:44pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

depth varies from 25 to 35 odd patch 40 but average 30,found sunset fished than early morning.leaving kkb ramp heading straight towards te kouma,when you  hit 16mis ok but need tide flow in/out doesnt matter but slack they seem to stop,odd baby hammerhead thrown in too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 8:18pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I fish what the locals call the Te Aroha line, the depth Is around 10 to 12 meters, I use 5/8 jig heads. Lower Firth on the Thames 20 mitres max.

Late summer the fish move up behind the Thames pack and save, 3 to 5 metres.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 12:34am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

https://data.linz.govt.nz/layer/51278-chart-nz-533-firth-of-thames/

Have a scroll around ,between  kkb and tekouma lgoes 20 to 35 with around krita bay 41m

Thats across the face but I see where you fish Kandrew shallow up .

Somehow the link comes up page unknown but if type it in it comes up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 8:44am
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I’m down at Tapu, lower firth.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 9:02am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kandrew Kandrew wrote:

I’m down at Tapu, lower firth.
thought you were further north. Tapu pub now that was the place in the 90s had top bands.