What the heck was it?

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 4:51pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Under water goat with snorkels and flippers?

Buffalo with an aqualung?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 5:01pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

at 2:30

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote riga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 11:25am
riga View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Sufishent Sufishent wrote:

Originally posted by The Tamure Kid The Tamure Kid wrote:

all up, the worst trip i've had to that eastern side of Kawau in terms of the lack of snapper. Maybe a couple of weeks too late.

Work commitments and bad weather have kept me away from the Motuora Island area this year and I've only been out twice since September - and both times were poor in comparison to prior years. Quite frustrating as Oct/Nov are my favourite times of the year.

Like you guys I have found the fishing really slow / bad in comparison to other years in the 30 to 35m Motuora area this season.  Seemed to be bait present but just not the snapper on the chew.  Out wider has been much better in comparison.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 12:51pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Up here in the Whangarei area, my usual reliable spots haven't been firing at all, nothing, completely dead. Others have reported the same. Finally found the fish a significant distance offshore where it was catch to order. That said, people have been doing well in the harbour, so the fish seem to be in the harbour or offshore with not much in between. Can't remember this pattern occurring previously. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 4:36pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I got a hammerhead on a zman softy a month or so ago, hooked in the mouth. Good scrap on the 10lb gear!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 8:39pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MB MB wrote:

Up here in the Whangarei area, my usual reliable spots haven't been firing at all, nothing, completely dead. Others have reported the same. Finally found the fish a significant distance offshore where it was catch to order. That said, people have been doing well in the harbour, so the fish seem to be in the harbour or offshore with not much in between. Can't remember this pattern occurring previously. 
Same for me. I suspect it could be something to do with the month long (+) presence of the long lines running across bream bay. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 7:42am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I had noticed the long liners on my last few trips, close to shore sometimes. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 8:38pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

There has been a few torpedoes hooked up and not good outcomes too from what I've heard. 
Page  <12