COASTGUARD NZ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COASTGUARD NZ
    Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 10:34am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well not what I was expecting but YES the fees will rise from $115 to $ 130 this coming year.

Letter explained as cost have gone like ours.Fuel etc

Still a good cause to support.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 9:45am
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah the fees have changed. Not surprising really as things like fuel have gone up and that's a major expense for each unit.  E.g. after a 12+ hour stint on the water with tasking after tasking we pumped 500 litres of fuel into the 650 litre tank (twin 300 hp outboards are thirsty when towing ...).  

I have my membership on the "set and forget" option where it automatically renews every year (and since I've started volunteering I could get it for free - so that's one way to save money).

Promotional time:  The CG Summer Lottery tickets have just come on sale.  Isuzu ute and a Haines Hunter 545LE are the main prize.  Buy online here: https://www.coastguard.nz/get-involved/coastguard-lottery/
Or if you want $7 from each $10 ticket price to go to your local unit then buy directly from them.  Message me if you are in the Gulf Harbour / Hibiscus Coast area and I can drop a ticket to you. (Or if you are in Auckland CBD for work I can do that too).

Membership benefits: there are quite a few of those in addition to the on-water assistance.  Details here: https://membership.boatiesbestmate.nz/benefits-of-joining/

Replacement lifejackets discount: The old 4 new program has kicked off again.  Details here:  https://old4new.coastguard.nz/
The van and some of the Hibiscus CG volunteers are at the Orewa boat ramp right now (Friday morning) and the van schedule is on that link.  The discounts will also be available at Boating and Outdoors stores but the availability / timing is yet to be confirmed (I think it's driven by stock availability).

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 10:12am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Apart from my Annual fee. Still prepared to pay my monthly top up of $20 that helps those that need assistance but arent members.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jackel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 11:53am
jackel View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

Apart from my Annual fee. Still prepared to pay my monthly top up of $20 that helps those that need assistance but arent members.

It never ceases to amaze me that there are still so many good buggers on here! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 5:43pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

I have a membership, however, no boat.
I do it because occasionaly the boats I have been on have needed help and feel members get great value.
Especially not having to pay the full costs of that help.
Legasea Legend Member