Tight Fit

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tight Fit
    Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 3:17pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

For some reason whoever built the shed where I store my boat built it out of line with the gate and access track, so it has always been tricky to get the boat in to it.  I usually move the car out of the way when putting the boat in and out but couldn't do that this time, so I had to get the boat out to go for a WOF without moving the car.  It was not too bad getting it out but reversing it back in with about 50mm/side clearance was interesting.  I did it on the second attempt though, which I didn't think was bad at all.  You can just see my wife in one of the pics wondering how the hell she's going to get out as she was stood behind it guiding me in.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 6:50pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Hehe yepp one of the many challenges of owning a boat!
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 7:39pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Kev, I can understand the predicament as I have a similar problem with my wee tub..
I drive my car into the next  bay,under the house, then hook the trailer up with a manual trailer dolly.
I have to remember to put a chock under the near side wheel, then drag the boat around to a starting position.
It's all pretty easy really, WHEN I get it right but on a couple of occasions, the whole bloody shebang was heading off down our steep drive.
I paid for those couple of stuff-up with back pain, knee pain & brain pains.
Aunty's car is well within striking distance when I get it wrong but so far, so good.
Oh, I did forget once, to lower the motor & did some decent damage to a cupboard door that got in the way, but other than that, I rate my trailer dolly 
Big smile  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 7:46pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

that is tight!

appears that damage to the car is possible sooner rather than later... a good excuse to swap it for a motorcycle
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 8:54pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Bounty Hunter Bounty Hunter wrote:

that is tight!

appears that damage to the car is possible sooner rather than later... a good excuse to swap it for a motorcycle

Motorcycles are bad BHBig smile
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 9:28am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I just have to back into a U shaped drive but even this doesn’t come without it’s drama at times. Backing in is no probs but knowing when to stop is. I may make a mark on wall I can see out passenger window going forward to indicate stop line. Last time missus hustles into house busting for a pee. Then lies on the floor to give old dog a hug and put an oven top coffee on while I’m there idling waiting for her return to wave me in and stop. So me being smart decided to creep back. Looked good but felt a bit of resistance so stopped. Walking back to see my outboard skeg had pierced through the down pipe and into house !! 

The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kimber7wsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 6:14am
kimber7wsm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Put some chocks on the ground where you want the boat to stop. If you back over those, well...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 7:30am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Might be the way to go. Maybe just a 4x2 length laying down as harder to miss. 
Actually 4x4 length maybe needed so I can feel it touch. Lessons learned 

The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb