fishing

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lingee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fishing
    Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 4:49pm
lingee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

well not a lot of fishing reports, i have not been out for sum time due to a few health thingies ,but you younger fishos,come on put it up there. fish report.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 5:56pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by lingee lingee wrote:

well not a lot of fishing reports, i have not been out for sum time due to a few health thingies ,but you younger fishos,come on put it up there. fish report.
Busy my self between weather work and this weekend would of been perfect.But went to Tauranga to see number 1 son. Ended up looking Thunderbird cars from 1940s to 1960s and off to Classic Flyers for a DC3 flight,tga to wahi to out to sea(looking at plenty out fishing) around the Mount.Good flight. And next weekend not loking better. Move premises at work.

Sound like TZER had a good trip out of Gisborne. Nephew who should of been out went chasing pigs with a crossbow,so no report there.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 8:48pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Out on the firth yesterday morning by myself in my little 12 footer, nice weather and just a nice feed for the 4 of us.

Was gunna head out again today but the south west had come up so had a nice sleep in instead.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 9:00pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Spent some time on boat maintenance this weekend. Of course we had to test it. Some nice scallops and a trev yesterday - well we had to check the new radio, FF and battery were working.

Out off the coast today. No swell but messy. Great catch of snapper and some more scallops
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 7:27am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fished Tauranga harbour the last two Saturday nights for some fat healthy snapper.
Struggled to catch off Papamoa a few weeks ago.
Got a nice bin full up Coromandel about a month ago.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 2:42pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by lingee lingee wrote:

well not a lot of fishing reports, ....................  come on put it up there. fish report.

Why bother, I put up a post of my recent trip to Vanuatu which I thought may generate some interest and received two comments, one from Smudge and another from Skoti, thanks guys.  I don't think I'll bother next time.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote lingee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 4:18pm
lingee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

no no keep this site going its great to hear all reports, weather here all overseas. i think not a lot of people are out there doing it. may be its that they are busy and not out  ,me is that im been a bit of colour ,,, .plus the cost to run the car -boat etc is a bit over the top for people with a big morgate plus kids .etc i am 70 years old and the money is not there any more to go out weekly as i did. keep the reports comming.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 5:36pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

https://youtu.be/SZtppq5HIS4
Headed out to Mokes on Sunday to spend a bit of time in the water. Didn't go with the intention of trying to bin up on Snapper... would chase work-ups for that.  Beaut day Out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 9:56am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No reports from me for a while, but the last time I got out fishing was the week after Christmas.  Hoping to be able to get the boat in for a service next month and then maybe actually get it on the water.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote gurnard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 5:54pm
gurnard View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I still regularly post up a report after I get out, which isn’t as much as I would like to these days. That needs to change.

I’ll admit this place is a shell of its former self. Primarily with the ease of social media sites now I bet.

But the nostalgia and memories this forum gives me keeps me hanging on and coming back, even if there isn’t much action these days. It taught me a lot and I learned a lot reading this forum in my late teens. Now into my mid 30s…
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 8:56am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Guilty your Honour,was meant to go today but 70 hr week is a killer,midnight to midday.

Hey "Gurnard" had a look at a couple F/B pages and they seem to run people down for taking and not releasing etc

Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DarOv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 2:36am
DarOv View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by Schampy Schampy wrote:

https://youtu.be/SZtppq5HIS4IT
Headed out to Mokes on Sunday to spend a bit of time in the water. Didn't go with the intention of trying to bin up on Snapper... would chase work-ups for that.  Beaut day Out.
There are so many fish underwater, you don't even have to aim :) You can just shoot in the thick of it - you're sure to hit some fish!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 7:48am
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by DarOv DarOv wrote:

Originally posted by Schampy Schampy wrote:

https://youtu.be/SZtppq5HIS4
There are so many fish underwater, you don't even have to aim :) You can just shoot in the thick of it - you're sure to hit some fish!

Its actually not that easy ....Yes If you just fire randomly into a school you can hit something.... but its quite easy to get overwhelmed by there share numbers and you just miss every time.
You have to focus on a single fish.. ( like the biggest one) and track it with gun. Leons gun is an 85cm without a reel so his shooting range is only about 3m (shaft , shooting line and barrel length). So a constant moving target like a Trev can be trickier than you think, especially if its not broadside with you.