missing 15yr old daughter in Waiuku

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: missing 15yr old daughter in Waiuku
    Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 8:30am
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi guys, could I ask locals to please keep an eye out for my daughter. She jumped ship on friday night around mid night and has not been seen or heard of since. Her name is kayla, she is of medium build, around 170cm tall with long burgundy hair halfway down her back. She may have been spotted on Coronation rd in waipipi yesterday walking the roadside wearing a black hoodie, black track pants and a black school backpack, the person that spotted this individual which could be my girl said she saw her hiding in bushes as her car approached and when she stopped to talk to her she ran up a hill into someones paddock. We have one lead as we got hold of her phone logs and she had a friend calling from midnight to 2.30am, but that friend says she has not seen nor heard from her, which is a lie cause the logs show she has spoken with her. The Police were called on saturday after I went to give her lunch and got no answer from knocking on her door so I had to kick it in. All we know is that someone picked her up, as we are rural and my daughter wont go anywhere alone in the dark, we know she must have been picked up. If anyone see's a person matching this description please call me on 0212931033 and if I dont answer please call my wife on 021 1709753. I dont use facebook but my wife has plastered the details all over, most likely on the " you know you are in waiuku" facebook page also. I will upload a pic here if thats ok with Smudge and the other mods. PLEASE keep an eye out guys, we are dying inside trying to find her.CryCry

I cant upload a pic from my gmail?

dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 9:21am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I saw your wife's post on FB, can only imagine what you are going through right now.  Hope you find her soon.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 9:22am
Titanium
Titanium

thanks Kevin, its great to know you saw the pic. I cant work out how to upload one though.

dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 10:11am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hope you find her safe and sound fish- feeder
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 11:32am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

All good Jason, hope things turn out ok.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 12:16pm
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My wife also saw on facebook, we are local and will also keep a look out. Hoping you find her asap.
All the best
slowly going where everyone else has already been
Post Options Post Options   Likes (6) Likes(6)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 3:33pm
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks for the kind words guys, and the phone call Smudge, much appreciated. She made contact with her mother while I was out today, so thats a bonus, we know she is safe. I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks again.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 4:18pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Girls eh! At least she's safe Jason & that must be a relief to you & your wife. One thing at a time and be supportive, that's all you can do. Pretty hard to be supportive when something like that happens but you will get there. I went for a look see at Te Toro reserve today as that's a likely hang out but nothing suspicious there for me to see. All the best.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 7:17pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Have been there, so can emphasize with your extreme distress.

It can seem of scant consolation at such a time, but the police
tell us of the thousands of young persons that are listed as missing
every year something like 99.9% end up favorably resolved & am
sure ( as we were ) that the situation with your daughter will do
likewise.

In the meantime thoughts with you.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 7:55am
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Jeez mate - sad story.

Hope she finds her way home safely.
Best of luck - thoughts with you brother.
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 10:56am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Ughh didnt like to read that (as would hate to go through it) but glad to hear she has been in contact and is safe. 

Hope all is well. 
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 5:52pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

So glad that she has made contact fish feeder
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 8:01am
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks guys. The Police found her last night, where I knew she would be but did not have the address, at her best friends boyfriends parents house, so she is home now, with a slight attitude. I wanted to have a word with the parents but thought it may be better to calm down for a few days.
 WOW its getting harder and harder to log in here. Chrome just gives me a 404 directory so I used brave browser. I have to get the forum to send me a password request to my Gmail, then logs me in to change password, then when I try to get back online here later I am logged out and  it wont recog my password so I have to go through the same process all over again?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 9:39am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Good news Jason & thanks for getting back to us. As for the login issues I'll find some stuff about it but probably not today.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 7:49am
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great news!

Happy for you brother.
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 3:40pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Can but wonder at how frustrating it must have been trying to login to the forum when there were
major issues to deal with ... bad enough when about only about one in fifty attempts are thwarted when trying to post re minor issues.

For what it is worth I reckon you are taking a very sensible reaction regards dealing with other serious issues so deserve to have some peace of mind & no doubt will ... all the best mate.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 9:04am
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Having dealt with a child and situation like this many years ago, it has been my observation that being a constant and dependable person in their lives, will eventually see them get to a better place in their struggle to find their place in this world. Especially the dark and confusing one they are facing now.
Hang in there.
I was recently told by this now 35 year old child, that she did appreciate my efforts eventually, acknowledging the hell she put us through, and even sent me a happy Father's day text despite the fact that she is my step daughter..
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 10:55am
Titanium
Titanium

Thats awesome to hear Dave. Yeah it can be confusing for them in their teen years, all I can do is show love and support her in whatever she wants to do. I dont want her to leave school, but all this covid crap has taken a toll on her enthusiasm for school, they dropped her favourite subjects and she feels school has nothing else to offer her. She is wise beyond her years, always has been, so I cant try and put an old head on a young body and be the voice of reason, I can only offer advice and support, its hard but berating her will just push her away emotionally. Thanks for all the support and comments here, I appreciate it more than you think.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 1:35pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fish feeder - you are exactly on the right track. Been going thru similar with grand daughter we have brought up. 3 yrs older, but same stuff. Including the school stuff. There are heaps of kids in this awkward spot these days and life seems too much of a  challenge for them at times. I think their childhood is way more complicated than ours was. We have been thru some rough times with grandaughter, even a few months ago.
She very nearly succeeded in ending her life. She was not with us at that time - had decided she needed to be elsewhere. After that mishap she is back with us. And guess what - a happy kid off to billie Eilish this w/end and V8s at Pukekohe and enjoying life. These things can turn around. Patience and support is the best thing you can give them - and time when they ask for it.
All the best - keep up the good work. You are the best thing she has got right now - altho she may not know it just yet.
Alan

Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 5:47pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Yes indeed ... when we have such problems there is a tendency to think we are the only ones experiencing such difficulties but so often is only when someone is brave or caring enough to ask for help that others respond we realise how widespread the problems are .... therefore are a help to all concerned.

Take a well deserved bow FF !!