Ohhh no! Another Facebook ban!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ohhh no! Another Facebook ban!
    Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 9:27pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Over the years I've seen a lot of comments about how these forums are too PC. I see it every time I send a warning to someone for an obviously racist/sexist/nasty slur. Then there are the inevitable comments such as 'no wonder no one posts here anymore'.

Well tonight I got my 3rd or 4th stint in facebook jail. The first time was because someone called my crew and my self 'bad men'.  My reply was that we weren't bad men - this is a bad man and posted a pic of Adolf Hitler. 30 days in the slammer Big smile

Next time some twat whom I didn't know said something rather nasty about someone they didn't know so I called them out on it. From memory that got me a week in the sin bin. Ironic because they used a four letter word starting with 'C'. Same word I used defending someone I knew to be right. I got a week for that one Big smile.

There was another trivial one, I don't recall the details.

Tonight in a hunting group in a conversation about what calibres work best for deer, I posted that a neck or head shot will work for any calibre (similar words at least) and I get 2 days for bullying and threatening behaviour.

Next time I get someone sulking because they get a 'friendly' warning from me and they threaten to leave I'll just laugh on the inside Big smile

Just thought I'd share for those with fragile minds who are easily butt hurt and for those who are of a more robust disposition Wink

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 4:46am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My brother in law got 30 days for saying kim kardashins lips look like a baboons arse,30 days,I posted a picture of a baboons rear under his comment and got nothing,go figue.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lingee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 4:59am
lingee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

my misus got 30 days for liking a post,work that out,its bull.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (5) Likes(5)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 6:10am
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The alternative is to delete you FB account and live hapily ever after..... Im 4 months clean of the META data harvesting machine. I no longer have these problems!
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 6:25am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yeah it certainly has its place  but the algorithms  need a tune up. FB is a great tool for stuff such as advertising things like our gurnard comp. I only advertise it here and on fb plus our club newsletter of course.

Not to be taken too seriously though is facebook. I like the KK story and PCJ your wife was right.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kimber7wsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 6:29am
kimber7wsm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I've never joined facebook, so haven't had these problems. From what I see most people use it "friend" people they don't like to spy on them.

I've got better things to do

Although from what  mate says, it's god for up to date info on where the fish are. So it could be useful, but then I seem to take pleasure in doing things the hard way. and try and find them myself.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 7:44am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I haven't had a FB ban yet, but have been threatened by individuals (representing a large group) that their imaginary friend will strike me down with lightning for blasphemous posts lol. Still waiting.

Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 8:10am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I use Facebook like a forum and have to admit that it's 100x more active than traditional forums which are sadly dying. Don't use my real name, provide no personal information and only read/post on group pages. A third party browser extension called Social Fixer removes all the crap from the screen and advertising making it quite usable. I have no "friends" LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 12:47pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Problem with using Facebook like a forum is that the search is a nightmare. On a decent forum you can dig up old posts and mine them for advice. FB is not like that. Great for up to the minute posts on which twizel canal is firing, crappy for searching through old posts for information on techniques etc. 

Reddit is another one, some good information buried under a metric Megaton of ****.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 1:12pm
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Evil Book- stopped using it when I sold the business, dont miss it ,dont need it.
My kids dont us it either- its all snap chat crap and insta-

I dont do social media accept for 2 x  forums this one and another in Europe -
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain