shed

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lingee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shed
    Posted: 23 Jul 2022 at 4:13pm
lingee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

whats in your shed,my front shed has a boat, fishing gear and my tools and a lot of crap,back shed only crap.time for a clean out, its hard to through out all of the years of all that crap ,you will need it one day o not at my age 69 years of sh=t let as no 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2022 at 5:19pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by lingee lingee wrote:

whats in your shed,my front shed has a boat, fishing gear and my tools and a lot of crap,back shed only crap.time for a clean out, its hard to through out all of the years of all that crap ,you will need it one day o not at my age 69 years of sh=t let as no 

I am in the same boat ( no pun intended ) with two garages overflowing
with "cannot  be without " yet largely unused items.

Would like ( but not prepared to admit it ) to listen to my wifes' constant insistence that it should be sold or given away but are far too many items to advertise unless done as a house lot of wide ranging items, fishing gear included ... would TradeMe have a suitable catergory as such ???????

Garage sales used which were an ideal avenue used to be quite common
but don't seem to exist anymore to the same extent ... or for that matter market stalls.

Any suggestions ?

BTW ... for what it is worth at 69 you are doing the right thing thinking about clearing out your "treasures" as I can assure you the dilema does not get any easier when on the way to 83 yo ... trust me I know.

When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2022 at 5:23pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I can take messy sheds to a whole new level
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2022 at 6:09pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote reel crayze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2022 at 9:26pm
reel crayze View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I have a pretty simple philosophy... If you call it stuff, bin it, if you call it gear, keep it. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2022 at 10:35pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm pretty ruthless when it comes to gear. If I haven't used it for a couple of years, it's gone unless it's especially hard to replace or has some special value. The garage is still a fishing wonderland though. Sorted out all the inserts from tackle trays today, stainless bolts yesterday, finally binned the few imperial bolts I had left. Everything in it's place. I can tell you where every last hook and split ring is stored. OCD? Yes, definitely. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 9:45am
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hahaha i have a double garage with boat,caravan and IMPORTANT stuff that might be needed one day in the distant future and a back shed with day to day stuff (could be needed in the next couple years)
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 12:12pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yup. Me all over. Too much time at Bunnings Mitre 10 and Trademe buying stuff i desperately needed but never used.
2 garages and sheds with everything from tools, fishing and boating kit, timber slabs etc etc. Even building dog kennels to get rid of stuff.
Not to mention about 20 old school baitrunners, some still in the box.
Tragic!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lingee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 2:09pm
lingee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

i have a old mate with bent nails he reuses,and timber off cuts ,but he builds planter boxs out of the off cuts. with straighten nails. so sum things are ok to keep,? but not all of it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 2:56pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

When I shifted back to whangaparoa from HELENSVILLE, I went from a 9x7 shed to a 5x2.5 little workshop but it works ok. I just made it work, but I still threw out a sh1t load of stuff collected over years.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 3:34pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I wish I had the 'problems' many of you have.  I have a 3m x 3m garden shed that houses three metal shelving units, a modest collection of tools, wheel barrow, lawn mower and the multitude of garden pots the missus places in there.  
No work bench and worst of all no fixed vice which drives me crazy.
All fishing gear is in the house in 'my' room / office.  This space contains an overflow of tools including a vice that I can clamp either to the office desk or the outdoor table.   
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 7:08pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I've never managed to have a decent shed
Currently got a 3x6 m closed in carport, plenty of shelving for electrical, boating and workshop gear, welder, drill press, power tools..
Next to it is another 3x6 semi closed in area, then my little home which is only 6x6.
I rebuilt the back end of my boat in that closed in area, last year, built a trailer for it, and it currently has my tractor in it on blocks as I deal with rust and replacing bearings, seals, getting the hydraulics going (got them working today!), wheels off for re galvanizing, among other parts, then when it's rolling, I'll paint it and make a carry tray before it goes back up to the beach.
Small space has made me careful with what I keep, I used to have buckets of stuff, most of its now in bins on the wall, or larger bins on shelves in a reasonably orderly manner.
Contemplating a new build that will have a 200m2 shed...come in lotto ticket!
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 7:45pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

M y 'shed' is 9m x 8m. There is no room
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 9:30pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

a shed approximately 150% the size of your house is about the practical minimum ive found
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 7:55am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by lingee lingee wrote:

i have a old mate with bent nails he reuses,and timber off cuts ,but he builds planter boxs out of the off cuts. with straighten nails. so sum things are ok to keep,? but not all of it

That takes me back, when I was a little kid my dad had a big box of old bent nails that was left in the workshop.  I was encouraged to pop in any time and hammer them flat on the anvil and put them into the "nails to use" box.  No wonder I struggle to throw anything away.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Got-ya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 11:48am
Got-ya View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The universal truth about sheds, is no matter how big you build them it's still not big enough.
THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF FISHERMAN, THOSE WHO FISH FOR SPORT AND THOSE THAT CATCH SOMETHING.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:38pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep good a
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kimber7wsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 6:03am
kimber7wsm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I'm in the process of replacing a 24sqm shed with a 78sqm. I didn't want any bigger, as I figure it will just encourage me to keep "more important, I might use one day" stuff.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 8:53am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by kimber7wsm kimber7wsm wrote:

I'm in the process of replacing a 24sqm shed with a 78sqm. I didn't want any bigger, as I figure it will just encourage me to keep "more important, I might use one day" stuff.

Shocked

At least put in a mezzanine floor so you can hide stuff!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 1:06pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Or have somewhere to hide!
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Page  12>