Mercury outboard service costs

Page  <1 234
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 10:31am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sure, hopefully they will become an authorised service centre over the next year.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 8:26pm
Gappy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Brand new dealer so all approved by Mercury with all the Mercury Diagnostic gear and web access. Will be on Merc website as a dealer shortly.

Cheers

Originally posted by Kandrew Kandrew wrote:

Originally posted by MB MB wrote:

Originally posted by Gappy Gappy wrote:

There is a Mercury dealer and service Agent in Kerikeri now Twin Coast Marine.

That's good to know, thanks Beer

I'll give them a try next time. They need to get their name added to the Mercury website if they want to drum up some more business. 
You need to make sure they are an proper registered service agent, they need to be able to access the Mercury website to record the details of your service so your warranty continues.

Lots of marine techs can service a motor to get your warranty they need to be registered service agents.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 8:43pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Gappy Gappy wrote:

Brand new dealer so all approved by Mercury with all the Mercury Diagnostic gear and web access. Will be on Merc website as a dealer shortly.

Cheers

That's great news, I will keep my ear to the ground. It doesn't take long for a bad reputation to develop. Sadly, good service rarely gets mentioned. Speaking of which, took my boat down to Fish City Albany and they serviced it on the same day as promised. Good guys. Had a brief chat with Redfinger before heading back north.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 11:07am
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You have done a great job looking after that boat MB - great example how to take care of things properly - well done.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 11:24am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks. My mates joke that I don't want to use it in case it gets wet LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 7:10am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Had success last night. Primed turned key. When fired push key twice and lifted fast idle. Seems all good now.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2024 at 4:59pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ok not due yet for service but coming up to 2yrs since service.Last service 105hrs was a major as little known about history $1500.

Now done 155hrs,yeah 50 hrs 18 months,use the boat more I hear you say but 40 minutes on average running time.
So have checked and replaced anodes.
greased nipples,3 off them
Pulled steering rod out.cleaned and greased
Checked trim motor oil level.
Changed gear box oil
Pulled prop off and checked for line etc grease re assembled
checked plugs,still clean
Ran and checked water from tell tale strong and luke warm after 15 minute.I believe that pump impeller should last 300hrs depending on conditions,sand mud etc Will change in winter.
Throttle/gear cable no stiffness
Fuel filter changed

Fixed the air/fuel issue a month back,new tote connections so now hits full revs,18 months of issue,wasnt fixed at service as no fault found.Probally due to motor sitting still not being bounced around.Fittings bit loose but seem fine.

Son did a wiring check,and getting a set of brushes for starter.

90hp Mariner 2005

I guess wouldnt do any harm at a later date and get workshop to check carb balances??

3 monthly check wheel bearings,using buddies ,topped up grease

Anything I have missed?

Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Page  <1 234