Grunter Hunter 2022

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 7:42am
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by skunk skunk wrote:

What bait will best work for us...blackheart ,coruba or appeltons maybe?
All three in that order please Smile Wink LOL
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 9:22am
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks Skoti, your experience in these matters is obviously vast and wide ranging...
Amongst other things😋
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 4:07pm
Schecter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Will give it my best tomorrow.  Looking forward to putting names to faces at the weigh-in.  Good luck everyone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 7:00pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

All the best Schecter! Caught up with some keen forum guys at Te Toro today, good luck to the Grey Ghosts! 286 entries, a little on the low side but that's still pretty cool. 
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 7:31pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Still trying to get ready,done a few hrs this weeks and then some,so much for semi retirement.Never ben so busy.

Smudge no change to crew as per ticket,he seems OK today .Thanks
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FlawOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 10:21pm
FlawOne View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good luck everyone and stay safe out there tomorrow! Did a bit of research today and definately found where the gurnard are not.

Inner City Slayers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FlawOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 8:32am
FlawOne View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks CSFC for yet another awesome Grunta Hunter event! No podium spots for us this year but we will back back for sure! Prize giving was a blast with Team Smudge humor bringing a smile to the crowd. Go the guy with the hat who handed his prize back to be redrawn to a lucky participant, what a legend! Spotted this secret Gurnard grabber on the back of Go West which I will have to try out next time.

Inner City Slayers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 9:04am
Schecter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Apologies for the no-show Smudge.  The plan was to fish closer to Te Toro.  But looking at the forecast, I played it safe and fished local to maximise fishing time and stay sheltered from the wind.  I didn’t catch a Gurnard and was absolutely drained from battling the mid-morning gusts.  

I hope everyone had a great time.  I will sign up again next year.    

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 1:23pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Thanks for entering guys. Wayno took out 2nd place, best bit is he stayed the night with us and as usual he brought rum with him! Would have been hard work in the kayak alright Schecter,, Odai gave it a shot though! We brought home 13 gurnard but no big ones. We let maybe 6 because they were small. Tough day!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 2:53pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Thanks for entering guys. Wayno took out 2nd place, best bit is he stayed the night with us and as usual he brought rum with him! Would have been hard work in the kayak alright Schecter,, Odai gave it a shot though! We brought home 13 gurnard but no big ones. We let maybe 6 because they were small. Tough day!
Tough day alright. All we found were kahawai. Will be back next year.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 9:57am
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The fishing for us was very similar to smudges crew..took awhile to find some carrots and a few that were too small, best was a smidgen over 900g.
I even resorted to using t -bone,red wine and cheese burley early on but didn't improve our catch size.
Did catch a nice snapper, 3 solid manukau trevs and some ky so good day all in all.
Congrats to the prize winners and Wayno for his podium...again! .you've got the golden touch alright 👍.
Thanks to smudges csfc team and skoti for his job aswell, just needs to learn how bribes are supposed to work🤪
The Grey Ghost team is learning to catch carrots betterer slowly so hope to give it a nudge next time.
Catch yous then.
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 10:31am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Good to see you guys again and on the bribes - thanks for the rum Big smile

Good to catch up with Flaw One and PCJ also 
Page  <12