BaCon

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 8:22am
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well done fella's Thumbs UpHug

Really cool @Pcj - glad it worked out for you mate.

@Bazza - not sure what magic foil is, but here in Aussie we get proper catering foil which is heavy duty stuff - not that tissue paper you find over there.
I've been in Whangaparaoa for the last two months and it's tough to try find suitable replacement products for many things - not to mention at an affordable price. WOW - food is expensive here!

As an aside - The theory of the shiny side inside is that shiny reflects heat, hence putting it inside. At any rate, just passing on what I was told. Do it your way - whatever works for you.

@RockCrashing - go for it mate.
It's really good.

@lawabidingpoacher - brother, you win the internet for the day!
That looks AMAZING!
Well done Sir - take a well deserved bowTongue

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 9:30am
RockCrashing View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Very happy with the stuffed pumpkin experience Thumbs Up
I've made the stuffing of mixture we like, smoke bacon, spicy chorizo mince, mushrooms, jalapeƱo, chickpeas +++...
It took 2h 30m to cook, last hour wrapped in foil at 350f/176C
Great flavour of sweet pumpkin with spicy stuffing. 
Didn't get much smoke flavour but it was great weather for outdoor cooking & some beer WinkLOL

and wife sneaking behind my back LOL

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 9:57am
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Jaapie Jaapie wrote:

"@Bazza - not sure what magic foil is"

Jaapie, the magic foil is a non-stick mono foil, very nice product, more expensive and is in some cases very useful.
But when using lots, i would recommend thick long roll of catering foil... attn; Bazza 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 7:54am
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cool - thanks for that.

Will have a look for it - planning on sticky chicken wings and non-stick foil sounds sensible.
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 1:20pm
Gold
Gold

More smoked bacon...
Marinaded, cured for 2 weeks & turned every day. This time i think i,ve add little to much salt to the cure. 

All done... lets have a nice breakfast

While slicing the bacon for b-fast i got distracted ... what, still haven't got sold Shocked

So trying to balance the salty bacon for b-fast with some pouched eggs, mushrooms & capsicum Cool

Page  <12