BOAT SHOW 2022

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BOAT SHOW 2022
    Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 6:28pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Here is an interesting link. Is it going ahead as the link has a pop saying if "NZ goes to Orange on 4Th April the show will go ahead" Been no announcement.

Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 4:05am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I see the pop up has been removed,does that mean the show will go on ??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 4:55am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

It would appear to be going ahead:

With the Prime Minister today saying she is keen to remove restrictions as soon as possible, show organisers believe there is a very good chance that, on April 4, the government will announce that New Zealand will move from Red to Orange, either immediately or within the next couple of weeks.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 5:26am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Really want to go this yr "Smudge" purse strings are loosening a bit.So she says.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 9:09am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

There is a very real chance this might be the last boat show in it's current format.  The owners of the showground, Cornwall Park Trust, are in the process of negotiating a new lease on the showgrounds and apparently the leading bidder is a film company who will use the site for film studios and there will be no more public use of the showgrounds.  No more boat show, Armageddon, or any other shows that currently use the showgrounds.  This would be very bad for Auckland as there is no other comparable venue available to host these events.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 11:26am
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 3:02pm
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

As an exhibitor the allure of the showgrounds may be wearing off, very poor parking now and Auckland traffic seems to be putting the punters off, and oh those 9pm friday nights where you could fire a shotgun off down the aisle without injurying anyone, my feet will never be the same.

Not to mention that there are still 14000 cases today, a small company like ours could lose half the workforce in one go if we get a positive case from being at the show.
slowly going where everyone else has already been
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 7:25am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So who's going and when, I'm going on Sunday.

Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 8:36am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Raining the show sunny fishing Sunday
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Westy87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 10:00pm
Westy87 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Sorry to say it but looks like the showgrounds are gone already. Talk of a show moving in. In July. So could be the last hurrah at Auckland showgrounds
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 7:22pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

went Friday for work Good show as always, star of the show for me was old bryce from Buckland Marine with his 40 Yamaha converted to a jet unit ....plenty of nice boats but as always but yeh the jet unit pretty cool
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 7:33pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Brought a couple of Hutchwilco jackets,big discussion on standard v inflatable.Ended up with Standard type as the lady(ex mnz investigator) pointed as to why they suited for our situation.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 7:37pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I missed it this year, too many other stuffs on Disapprove
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 7:44pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The 425hp V8 Yamaha with the bits cut out of the side so you can see the internals was very cool and the 600hp V12 Mercury’s with the stationary power head and lower leg rotates to steer the boat. Amazing innovations.

Suzuki had their 350hp outbourd there with twin counter rotation props, will be interesting to see how many of these big motors end up on launches.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fitzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 12:36pm
fitzy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Overall I thought it was a good show especially as they only had 6 odd weeks to organise everything. Only negative was no mussel fritters 🤬

Let’s hope it stays at Epsom Showgrounds it would be very difficult to find a better venue.

One thing the organisers need to sort is the non participation of 3 of the major brands. Even if order books are full for a couple of years they should be present. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 2:38pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

No mussel fritters????? Lucky I didn't go then. Always have one of those.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 3:58pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

2 disappointments in one weekend smudge enough to drive you to drink.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 4:00pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tzer Tzer wrote:

the mussel fritter van was there but busy as
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 5:26pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Tzer Tzer wrote:

I don't have to drive to get drink. My beer fridge is full Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 5:30pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I don't recall ever having eaten mussel fritters even when I lived in NZ.  I must give them a try sometime.  Mr Google offers some recipes.  Any do's / don'ts or recommendations?
Page  12>