Handlines at Huia live baiting for kingfish

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote r20b_pp@hotmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 11:05pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Shaneg , not hard to do once you get a female mullet, males will hang on them you can pretty much grab them with your hands, iv been lbg fishing kings out there for about 8/ 10 years now. Take a fish now and then and put many fish back, I will be there sunday so will take photos and put a live post up, ( weather pending) so if anyone wants take a look themselves grab a beer and come take a look, I have a 4,5 mtr tsunami alloy pontoon, named, exit wound, if anyone sees me please come say hello , and I'll point you in the right direction of the huia rock rats,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 11:15pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting on the mullet catching. I’ll come out and have a look in weekend. Good to see you have a nice sized pontoon boat and can catch kings, lends a lot credibility to your posts. Cheers Shane.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 11:19pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Originally posted by Fish Addict Fish Addict wrote:

For the cost of crate of Lion Brown per annum what have you got to loose.

What do you get for your $30?  

You can buy a crate of LB for $30?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 11:25pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

should add have been dismayed at certain non locals set a net off campbells my local beach on New Year’s Eve. We were greeted to sight of a rather large broonze whaler and two smaller hammer heads left dead on beach on New Year’s Day. Bloody unfortunate and disgraceful. Said net fisherman also accused of intimidating locals who wanted to remove what were iglegally set longer than legal nets joined together.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote r20b_pp@hotmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 11:25pm
Silver
Silver

Cheers shaneg , I wouldn't know half of it if wasn't for hitman teaching me or me watching them old school crew and learning, I pm you some photos of a couple of fish from years past
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:02am
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hitman,  big guy with beard who fished whatipu a lot by boat and LBG and landed big kings. Good teacher by looks of your photos as well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote r20b_pp@hotmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:33am
Silver
Silver

Yup that be him, bloody good dude, not much he don't know about the manukau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 6:02am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Hitman certainly did well out there. Is he still fishing?
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 6:03am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

For the cost of crate of Lion Brown per annum what have you got to loose.

What do you get for your $30?  

You can buy a crate of LB for $30?

Nah, $30 is for a box of 18 big cans, I don't know what a crate costs, more like $40 I guess.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FlawOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 9:19am
FlawOne View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah hitman is still fishing, I see him from time to time down at Norcross in Henderson. Great guy with with plenty of local knowledge. He had trouble with his boat and a gas station that sold him contaminated gas
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote r20b_pp@hotmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 1:15pm
Silver
Silver

Yup that's all sorted now poor bugger, , iv seen you there a few times myself just hadn't approached you,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 2:20pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi Gumboot,
So I called our fishery office today to discuss our local problem and lack of response.
The guy was sympathetic and explained they were having a bad summer as far as poaching. Not quite the same issue as you, but he asked me if the 0800 calls had directed us to a Fishery Officer. Nope.
So he gave me their own Ph No and asked to respond to that.
I just used a listed MPI number in the phone book to get hold of the local office originally.
It may be worth a try. At least the local guys are more in touch with the problems and maybe more likely to respond than an 0800 operator.
Not sure what more you can do.
But it turns out they are prosecuting a bunch for undersize paua taken last week from the other end of our beach.
I get the feeling they are under the pump right now.
Regards
Alan 
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 3:51pm
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yip, Yip and Yip

ive seen poaching. ummarked nets, 5 nets all in a row, etc etc 
{just so far  this summer]
Call Mpi, Bla bla Bla,
Ends up being an argument  about why i cant  anchor my vessel, and go walking up and down asking people who owns what Net!
FFS, your the ones with the pepper spray and training not frigging me!
Anyways, weve only got our selves to blame.
Heads in the sand.
dont want to pay,
Same old excuse/reason ,
The only way change will happen is if the majority of recreational fisherman agree that change NEEDS to happen.
And the diatribe i hear and see, is showing zero chance of that happening.
The consensus seems to be,[ if Fish are becoming harder to find etc] all ya need to do is get a Flasher sounder/fishfinder.[and off course go further and deeper]
Problem solved.

Why do i say that?
Cause hears the thing.
Everytime i encounter a net in the shallows[legal or not]
I go over and slowly have a look.
Whats in the net?
F-ALL,
All brutallity, emotion, opinion aside, you must agree you cant really accurately survey a fishery better than that!

By Fly, Nothing Else,Just Fly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote r20b_pp@hotmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 6:57pm
Silver
Silver

Thanks guys for the feed back , this will be sorted with or with out mpi , cheers
Page  <123