Navionics markers, public? Help please.

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Navionics markers, public? Help please.
    Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 4:19pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I mentioned on a Manukau report about a rock in the center of  channel  creeks and  gently clipping it..2nd time in 2 or 3 yrs .
Anyway Im trying to make the marker I have placed in my navionics public.
I dont make any of my near 200 marks now public because they also have part of my fishing logs of the last decade or so.
 But would like to make this one public and cant figure out or know if possible to do so.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 4:28pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Why cant the Harbour master via waikato council have a permanent marker or buoy placed, seeing how its a navigable water way??

If he/she adjust channel markers seems obvious thing to do.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 5:09pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Co ordinates sent ages ago when 1st clipped it.
Its part of a ridge that goes across the creek, not long after the water gets deep, the shallow...
Also the channel around there moves a lot, one month you will zig zag when tide low, next just will be a big curve that goes around the rock.
 So the marked channel often is quite a distance away.

I have been with him when re laying the bouys .. learnt lot that day, and hes fully on keeping that channel marked...
I re do my route after each trip to match my track thru the bouys.. yep hes onto big time.

So how does one make 1 marker on navionics visable to public and not the rest?
I have emailed navionics to ask before posting and no answer back yet.

Edit  Now I think its a rock.. cant make out very well on the side scanner.. maybe a  bent pertified log??? or old post ??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 5:14pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Regardless of Channel moving,rocks dont move.So a pernament marker would save some grief.At least it would make one aware there is something there  and might slow down with a bit of caution.

Not having a go but seems the sensible thing to do.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 5:18pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

maybe send gps coordinates to harbour master and leave it with them. They sound proactive.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 5:32pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Would Navonics let just anyone mark rocks and other hazards on their maps for public use.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 5:41pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes sensible thing which is why did so ages ago...
 Co ordinate  is 37 20.464 S 174 44.568 E  within =/- 4m nth  Sth line.

Heading out again tomorrow,( If the weather window for end of the day doesnt close off any further.) will see if can find it more accurate..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 5:53pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

Co ordinate  is 37 20.464 S 174 44.568 E  within =/- 4m nth  Sth line.

Heading out again tomorrow,( If the weather window for end of the day doesnt close off any further.) will see if can find it more accurate..

Sorry I’m a bit confused here steps, you said at the top of post you can’t figure how to mark the rock as public and I just asked if Navonics allows you to do this and you just replied;

So you’ve done this in the past?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 5:55pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Would Navonics let just anyone mark rocks and other hazards on their maps for public use.

Put navionics up on your gps or tablet  or phone hit the make public and yep...
They are public, not confirmed.. like the all the other uploads of contours etc, they go thru a process before becoming official marks.
 Have posted this before

https://webapp.navionics.com/?ticket=ST-1493511625rNKBQNGYg0-pXbHduqG#boating@12&key=p%7Dk_Fqeil%60%40

Noqw zoom into your secret fishing spot and see if someone... or yourself has already dropped a marker
But I do not know or if can make only 1 marker with a note public...

Everything is on the navionic web site.. which is now owned by Garmin...Wink

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 5:58pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Notified The harbour master or clipped it.
 Yes on both..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 6:20pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yr or more ago was slowly going down the creeks in 400mm or less water going between the markers.. engine up and just in gear, enough to move forward in the current.

Clipped something marked it on my gps
 Notified harbourmaster something there..
 Got reply back, cant rem how it exactly went , but basically  "yep a rock or something there..." Thankyou

Mean time 20 maybe 30 trips later, channel moves markers move all the time...often the 'rock 'is no longer in the channel... but it goes very shallow there anyway , espec after long dry periods..
All good..
 Then other week , in my fishing report/ story (referred to above) mentioned we where coming up on it.. mentioned to crew we have slowed RIGHT down lifted engine because there is a rock close here...and this id why have an alloy prop blah blah..
And this time took a SMALL chunk out.. well large chip.. where had cliped it before and tapped blade straight..
 Note clipped with 1 blade only.. those in the know what that means as to speed rpms etc..

So I get flack blah blah BS.. have to fully explain .. smudge goes off about long post because some just want to have a go.. and I have to explain the details because they  dont have the knowledge or experience to realise just how slow we where going.. or just an excuse to have a go..
 Sry smudge.
So We checked prop  no vibration or anything , turne around went back over to see if could locate it more accurate.. think found it, turned around went fishing.
Binned up legal limit etc etc most in the 45 to 68 cm range.
 Coming home in deeper water again tried to locate , did sorta same place within couple meters

Been trying to put the navionic marker on my gps to make public...
Find I cant or dont know how , emailed navionics, havnt heard back so far so thought someone would know here.

And we end up with all this other irrelevant stuff. 2nd degree BS
And its my bloody fault for asking a simple question...
 Been a bad day.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 6:31pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Notified The harbour master or clipped it.
 Yes on both..
Don’t use Navonics so I was trying to understand how it works, sounds interesting so I might take a look.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 6:56pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thumbs Up Sry
yeah load the free version on your phone or tabete..
 I think you get lot stuff , maybe everything....then dont get updates etc share routes tracks  between paid..
 I have navioics on 2 tabs the gps and phone.. any change note , track name etc sync between them all when I turn on navionics..
 So long as Im in cell range off shore...my wife can seem track, route and wher I am within a couple meters..
We know when loose cell coverage, but the track and us disappear.. means the gps navionics is under the water.

Its come a long way even in the few yrs I have had it..
 paid versoin

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 7:02pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"steps" Yes you should be able to download maps etc via subscription and add way points or rocks etc.They would stay secure on your tablet etc.

But to able to enter a subscribed map and alter it and make public I think I would walk away from such service.Yes you are trying to make object visible to the public but I think all you are able to do is send gps marks to navionics and they should be able to update.If you or anyone else can access a secured sight by adding marks,whats to stop a person moving markers closer to shoreline or total illimination.

Just my way thinking how a subscribe sight would work.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 7:55pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not sure if it would become general or just for your account. Scroll to the co-ordinates, tap screen, cross should appear with a "?" to the right, tap the question mark, gives you four options at the bottom, tap the add button (+ sign), takes you through to various options, tap "Rock Wreck Obstruction", more various options, tap the "Rock" icon you would prefer.
I did not go any further as I was playing.
As stated, not sure whether that will register for just you or the navionics community.
If you go right through, post the co-ordinates and I will see what happens at my end.
I have a marker at 36°42.224'S - 174°59.559'E.
Nup. not a secret fishing spot unfortunately.
See if you can see it.
Take care.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 8:36pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Been a bad day.

I think what Kandrew was asking was if the rock was marked by a pole. That's how I read his question.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 8:47pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Been a bad day.

I think what Kandrew was asking was if the rock was marked by a pole. That's how I read his question.

I’m actually interested in the Navonics app, I’ve got a good Garmin chart plotter but getting old so having trouble updating software. So I’m thinking of a tablet in the boat but I’ve heard a lot of of negative comments. I know steps has spent time with this app and knows his way around it very well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 9:25pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Scroll to the co-ordinates, tap screen, cross should appear with a "?" to the right, tap the question mark, gives you four options at the bottom, tap the add button (+ sign), takes you through to various options, tap "Rock Wreck Obstruction", more various options, tap the "Rock" icon you would prefer.

OK + asks if want to add name or anomalously
"Anom"

Then goes back to + page ??
 So
Go + add again and the Rock wreck  etc come upThumbs Up
 Choose the rock, short description and other notes can be added Thumbs Up
Hit the OK or add at the bottom cant rem which...Thumbs Up
Window disappears and the rock mark is there...Thumbs Up

If shared dont know
 V8:
If you go right through, post the co-ordinates and I will see what happens at my end.

Now going to look for yours
Im looking about 12.5m  224 deg  about 500m from the David Rocks ?
Nothing there few rocks marked to west and sth ..
Wife caught a huge snapper inside the rocks some yrs back.. neat place to chill out inside of.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 9:46pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Scroll to the co-ordinates, tap screen, cross should appear with a "?" to the right, tap the question mark, gives you four options at the bottom, tap the add button (+ sign), takes you through to various options, tap "Rock Wreck Obstruction", more various options, tap the "Rock" icon you would prefer.

OK + asks if want to add name or anomalously
"Anom"

Then goes back to + page ??
 So
Go + add again and the Rock wreck  etc come upThumbs Up
 Choose the rock, short description and other notes can be added Thumbs Up
Hit the OK or add at the bottom cant rem which...Thumbs Up
Window disappears and the rock mark is there...Thumbs Up

If shared dont know
 V8:

Now going to look for yours
Im looking about 12.5m  224 deg  about 500m from the David Rocks ?
Nothing there few rocks marked to west and sth ..
Wife caught a huge snapper inside the rocks some yrs back.. neat place to chill out inside of.

Ah ok.
All I put was a marker where we knudged the top of one of the two closest rocks.
Friend had been through that area for decades and that was the first time he had hit anyhing. Cry
Luckily he had an old lugger with a fully supported keel that just rode over the top.
No damage and no injuries thank goodness.
I used the "marker" button, not the "add" button.
Do not know whether that would make a diffrence and show in Navionics community.
Cheers
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kimber7wsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 4:49am
kimber7wsm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Is this it? Modified by a user yesterday. I had to select Sonar chart in bottom left corner.

Scratch that. I tried to paste a snip but the website won't let me. Got all sorts of errors.

There is a mark listed as a rock by a user yesterday, in the Waikato river. Just below a series of islands close to the north western river bank.

Measured in the web app at 1.76km at 209° from Hoods Landing.
Page  12>