rod roller parts

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rod roller parts
    Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 12:08pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Anybody know who stocks the AFTCO rollers and screws for roller rods?
I was doing some maintenance on my fully cursed rollered rods and the inevitable has happened and now I am missing a couple of bits.
The best I seem to be able to find are the roll tips complete.
There must be a source of replacement rollers and screws/bushes in NZ?
Thanks
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 10:07am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Anybody know who stocks the AFTCO rollers and screws for roller rods?

Marine deals...
Dont know about parts but had a sale on the rollers a while back.. and think some are still on sale.
 Brought some a few months back when on special discount to have a play with.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 10:41am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks Steps - the ones I could find there came with the guide rails as well - complete unit. Mainly roller tips.
Just trying to find the roller bits.
Have just found some on TMe - not sure if right size.
Weird that no one seems to be stocking the individual roller bits - thats what wears out - not the guide rails.
I actually found my missing bits eventually. But would like some spares for future.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 11:52am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

When they came up on my weekly email specials...
"Thought what  wonder if.."
Didnt find any for spinners thu... still not sure what type/ shape looking for ....and on special Wink
anyway googed a heap find bit out.
 I cant rem seeing any spare parts listed or available here or off shore.
 Which at the time and still seems bit strange to me as they have screws, rather than blind rivets or similar.

Thought just crossed my mind.. maybe the screws are for cleaning servicing only (???)

This maybe of interest to anyone thinking about converting...
 Remove the top eye , then measure the rod tip diameter. Iif you dont, just remove the shrink covering, or estimate from back from the shrink you will get the tip measurement wrong and order the wrong size.Wink  Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 12:32pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The parts are available as individual bits o/seas. On the AFTCO site I think. Rollers/bushes/pins/screws.
Just don't seem to be able to source in NZ.
May have to order on line via AFTCO.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 9:28pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I've had the same issue just can't get the bits here. Beware Marine deals with this too been down that painful road trying to get the same thing by buying whole tips but for some reason beyond me they don't seam to be able to understand the sizing. Their descriptions are vague at best and despite many emails with dimensions etc ended up with a few tips I'll never use and sent a few back too. Not a cheap exercise either.
Ps they are great with everything else. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 8:28am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes pretty much my description above, ending up with a few that dont fit.
Except I assumed it was me , measuring the tips incorrectly.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 9:20am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The tips seem to be available, as complete tips (not just the rollers). Why you would need to buy a complete tip rather than replace the worn or corroded roller/bush is beyond me. But the sizing of the tips seems shrouded in mystery - maybe to make you buy more til one fits.
But then they don't seem to supply the rollers etc for the rest of the rod. Just the tips. Hard to make sense of.
I am definitely over fully rollered rods. Don't see the point.
Alan
Legasea Legend member