Barrel Smoker

Page  <1 34567 10>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 7:06pm
RockCrashing View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

Yes,The first lot had a tainted taste,using soaked in water manuka to give smoke flavour,bit too strong,2nd cook was best,so thought maybe hanging would allow excess manuka to run off.

Ok, i think i see where the problem is.
Lets try this, don't use any manuka wood at this stage.
Manuka is good in very small quantity.
Any meat, poultry or fish will have a bitter taste if you use to much manuka. Use cherry, apple, maple, latter on you can you can experiment with different types of wood.
The wood need to be bone dry, no fresh wood.
And here is video on something important... quality of the smoke. That really is important.

hope that helps, we would like you to become pitmaster soon Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 7:22pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

excellent,as mentioned bloody nice taste with the applewood charcoal mostly heat little smoke unless putting more on,

Will give it a try in fortnightCrybusy next week or 2

Have boked marked all your utubes.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 4:37pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cooked for 1.5 hrs used apple brikettes and chill powder,manuka chip ,last 10 minutes,moist.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 5:02pm
Gold
Gold

You are realy quick... catch the fish, smoke the fish & eat the fish and i'vent even finish reading your fishing report yet LOL
Btw, we like Kahawai very much, some of my funny friends think this is only good as a bait Ermm 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 9:22am
Gold
Gold

I've done few grilling and smoking.
Lots of poultry, pork ribs, pork belly and so on.

and keep forgetting post pic of the beer, lol 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 3:23pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

lit the fire 30minutes ago ,apple bricks,have had some pork steaks marinating 24hrs in apple cider cloves saltnpepper + some other stuff,magic powder,the juice taste good so time for beer and wait 3hrs or more,trying to have more smoke than heat.currently at 75cbeen there for 1/2hr.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lawabidingpoacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 2:31pm
lawabidingpoacher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

What did those pork steaks turn out like ?  Will be doing a few cooks of my own after this week . Got to learn how to do photos
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 3:03pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Real nice,no taintness using the apple bricks,3 hrs cook,50/70c last 30 minutes wrapped in tin foil,family happy and want more so roll on Easter. Could do with chilly(forgot to add to marinade).

Turned them every 1/2hr. NO2 son made turkish flat bread,served with a bit of apple sauce.Hamburgers if you likeThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 3:29pm
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by lawabidingpoacher lawabidingpoacher wrote:

What did those pork steaks turn out like ?  Will be doing a few cooks of my own after this week . Got to learn how to do photos

Take a phone, press the photo button... done LOL
Seriously, do you need help for posting pic in this forum

Pcj, where is the pic ? 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 5:15pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by RockCrashing RockCrashing wrote:

Originally posted by lawabidingpoacher lawabidingpoacher wrote:

Take a phone, press the photo button... done LOL
Seriously, do you need help for posting pic in this forum

Pcj, where is the pic ? 

About that. When one is hungry and having to wait 3hrs.
Next time.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lawabidingpoacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 6:00am
Silver
Silver

yes , so i"m technology intollerant   , have only had a phone for not a year yet , wot of it ? i can take photo but never tryed to get it on computer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 6:42am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

RC, not everyone has a good handle on technology. For instance I've never even used my phone to post on here, I'm sure I could if I needed too though.  LAP, if you need some assistance let me know.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 7:07am
Gold
Gold

I like joking around but in this instance i was/i'm serious offering help and i'm pleased you have noticed this post. Perhaps direct lbpoacher to link "how to" in this forum.
I'm looking at some vid on tube transferring pic from phone to pc, that might help in first instance. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 8:40am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

For transfering files to and from a PC.
 Share a folder on the PC.
On the android phone/tab download and install ES file explorer.
 There are a lot on playstore, useless.
Download here
https://dlandroid.com/es-file-explorer-file-manager/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 9:05am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I like joking around but in this instance i was/i'm serious offering help and i'm pleased you have noticed this post. Perhaps direct lbpoacher to link "how to" in this forum.
I'm looking at some vid on tube transferring pic from phone to pc, that might help in first instance. 

Thanks RC, misinterpreted sorry.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lawabidingpoacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 6:55pm
Silver
Silver

[QUOTE=RockCrashing]I like joking around but in this instance i was/i'm serious offering help and i'm pleased you have noticed this post. Perhaps direct lbpoacher to link "how to" in this forum.

all good RC i thought you were taking the piss....i'll have a good go at it after this week.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 4:10pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

5hrs so far and pork still a bit tough, now wrapped in foil ,so another 11/2 hr should be right, what good way to waste time and drink stout,nah washed and cleaned 3 cars so far and mowed lawn,
R/C will post photo this time,going to serve in rolls and some sauce her indoors has brought, have to be nice she wants to go fishing Sunday.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 4:33pm
Gold
Gold

Yep, make sure you do take pic this time, lol
What ya cooking ?
pork what?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 4:50pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep, make sure you do take pic this time, lol
What ya cooking ?
pork what?
pork shoulder ,magic dust,salt sea,bulls eye rib sauce.sitting at 75c so a bit more to go
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 6:36pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not as tender as I hoped but no strong smoke flavour which was favourable with family.3 of us manged to devour 2.2 kg so all is good
Page  <1 34567 10>