today one happy boy

Post Options Post Options   Likes (9) Likes(9)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: today one happy boy
    Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 9:48am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So Theo has been down from Gissy having a holiday with nana and grandad. Dead keen on fishing, and grandad has taken him out a few times, but not a lot of luck. 

But they have been lucky with a few primo fishable days. But coming to an end and heading home soon - after Xmas.
But grandad is not too well and had to go in for his Chemo treatment which wipes him out for a day or two, and Theo's fishing.

So I took him out for an hr or so this morning to try and learn to jig and maybe catch his first kingi.
One happy boy and kingi for Xmas dinner.
Alan

Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 10:05am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Excellent, well done!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 10:30am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Excellent Theo.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 10:47am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Very nice. Theo wont forget that. Hope grandad is ok.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 1:29pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That's a great story for Christmas time, well done mate.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 2:01pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Way to go Alan Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 2:03pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep - I would much rather a Theo landed a kingi than me. Means a lot more to him.
He got a hit just previous - after we changed jig. But lost that one. Hooked up again soon after.  What is nice is he was on the jig when it hit.  Wasn't sure how long he would last at it and was going to try and hook up for him and give him the rod. But he managed on his own and did a great job fighting it.
Fish in bin and home again. Gone for about an hr. Job done.
As I left him at nana/grandads I saw the measuring tape and camera coming out. It will be a well inspected fish, and stories to tell back at school. Probably grown a bit by then.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 2:29pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

And Theo looks like a really nice kid as well, nice work Alan
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 5:47pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep - never met him before. Know nana and grandad and just figured the boy was going to miss a primo day fishing and maybe a chance to do something memorable. He hadn't had much luck with grandad.
Farming family - always decent humble people.
The boy is quite shy - he doesn't know me either of course. But very grateful for the trip on the water and wanted to shake my hand after the fish was landed. 
The world can do with a few more Theos.
I sent the same pic on to nana/grandad. Just got the following mail

"Alan - I have to say itโ€™s borderline ridiculous as to how many people this photo has been sent to !!! ๐Ÿ‘ 

Xx Pam "

Makes my Xmas too.

Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 8:46pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Good one Alan. Be proud
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 9:02pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thats why we do it, right?
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2021 at 7:24am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nothing better than new crew catching.
Except when that crew is children...

Nice to step up for others children and children when theirs are down..then get rewarded with smiles like that.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 7:39am
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Well done Alan, and congrats to Theo.  "Down from Gissy?"  Are you in Hawkes Bay?  Don't want to know your spot, just I come from down there.
Far Quirk - I'm goin' fishn!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 8:24am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi FQ - yep in HB. I am hiding/fishing out of Kairakau. Secret spot - so secret half the people in Napier don't know where it is. :-)
Regards
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 10:46am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Those are the great fishing moments - nice work Alan
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 12:42pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Awesome - thanks Grant.
That fish means a lot more to him that it would me.
That pic went as far afield as Canada apparently.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 8:03am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Lovely story and outcome.
Everyone's a winner!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken