Haines SF535 Repower

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zkcub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 6:48pm
Zkcub View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I can assure you the figures right now are looking terrible !
Still a few weeks away from the water as getting a few other things done.
The old saltwater series burned somewhere around 30lph on average so I am also looking forward to seeing what the new one does.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Creator001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 8:18pm
Creator001 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

How is the Suzuki going?
I’ve got the 140 fly by wire being fitted to my SF535 at the moment, hoping to have it back by end of the week.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zkcub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 9:41pm
Zkcub View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I still have not got mine back yet.Getting a winch chucked in while I’m at it that required a little xtra work but hoping for later this week as well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote plimmerton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 10:41pm
plimmerton View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I repowered a couple of months ago withSuz140BG. Electronic shift, keyless start.
Done 20 hours. On a Stabi 559.
How are you finding yours?
Any issues?
Is yours keyless start?
THE HARDER YOU WORK THE LUCKIER YOU GET
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Creator001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 9:55am
Bronze
Bronze

No issues at all. Quite a bit heavier than the old Johnny 115, so handles differently.
Best thing we ever did.
Still getting used to the keyless start/stop, especially when backing into beach and lifting motor as I turn it off.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote plimmerton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 11:55am
plimmerton View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I cant say Ive noticed the weight too much.
The Suz replaced a Yam 115 two stroke plus aux.
I’ve halved my fuel bill.
The extra power is incredible, so much so that the steering is extremely heavy under load. I have hydraulic steering being put on next week. $$ hurts a bit!
I’m delighted with the motor except like you, I find the keyless system a pain with the trim/ tilt switch. The boat shop mechanic recommended it free of charge as it was his first install. Now replacing it free of charge with the key start and a separate trim/tilt switch.
Got into a ‘situation’ where a craypot rope got caught up around the prop….. had to stop motor, power up, then tilt motor to free up prop. etc……
I’ve had several outboards over 40 years of fishing. This Suz is by far the best.
Thanks for your reply.
THE HARDER YOU WORK THE LUCKIER YOU GET
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Creator001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 12:52pm
Bronze
Bronze

I upgraded steering at same time, wouldnt have it without it.
Have found the same as you with power and fuel use, can’t believe the little fuel and **** loads of power.
I’ll stick with push button start and I do find it handy for kids to turn motor on and off when doing sports or can just lean in myself, as I have it set back beside back of seat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zkcub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 7:12pm
Zkcub View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I’m really enjoying it.Have only done about 12 hours but fuel burn is half or less than the old 115 saltwater series.
I get around 25kts at 4200rpm for 15lph.
flat out about 40kts.
Feels like a different boat.I also got the key start.
Page  <12