Smoked Beef Pastrami

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smoked Beef Pastrami
    Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 9:48am
RockCrashing View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

After soaking in a brine for 7 days the beef brisket is ready for smoker.

In the video he brine the whole brisket in bucket.
Don't have space for bucket like that in my fridge so cut the brisket in half.
The aroma from the brine is insane.
The only extra ingredient i've add was few juniper berries.
Cooking on maple-hickory-cherry mix. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 10:35am
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looks fantastic mate.

Nice job!Thumbs Up
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 12:02pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yum
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 12:23pm
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

And the video is just as mouth watering!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 9:56am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Damn same as the wife doest it.. right down to the container... pastrami, bacon couple other cuts as well and recently our 1st venison rum ham on the bone.

Wife does the marninate , turning each day etc.. then comes to me and " I want this smoked at X degrees for Y hrs till internal temp is  Z temp"

I use my std 3 to 5yr old dried Fejoa base chips and blocks, with apple and maple.
All bark stripped off.

Done in the stand up smoker
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 1:11pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

Damn same as the wife doest it.. right down to the container... pastrami, bacon couple other cuts as well and recently our 1st venison rum ham on the bone.

Wife does the marninate , turning each day etc.. then comes to me and " I want this smoked at X degrees for Y hrs till internal temp is  Z temp"

I use my std 3 to 5yr old dried Fejoa base chips and blocks, with apple and maple.
All bark stripped off.

Done in the stand up smoker
really "steps" is there anything you cant do?? or does google teach you and you copy and pretend its your idea??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 9:35am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

really "steps" is there anything you cant do?? or does google teach you and you copy and pretend its your idea??

Damn I find that BS very insulting..

And now you actually come to your BS niggling point  m8

Many visit here, and yes the have tried our pastrami and the ham the other week... including Smudge..
And yeas they have had our smoked fish..
 And yes they see how the boat is launched and retrieved with a drill.

And like a couple other here,  when I have restoed our vintage cars and rods, I do everything, weld , paint, block down etc except put hooped roof linings in , the motor machining and do the final diff set ups..
 I even dial in the engines , modding dizzies ,  design the custom cams, using modern data loggers sensors on classic carbed engines..

I have built my own pole sheds, and yes lawns with out weed.. mow with 1950s lawnmower roller mower..
 Extensive gardens , not a single weed, ponds fountains..

I grew up from an early age in a old school barber shop with cut throght razors and learnt how to sharpen knives fine sissors...and like a lot stuff, put it with an education in chemistry and physics, have good understanding of metals..
Got so used to yrs studding (plus working full time) I then did a few yrs in contract law and economics.. just to fill the evenings in with

Started fishing in the 1950s, boats early 60s...
may not have got my marlin etc.. and make so secret Im just a good  fish for a feed fisherman..
 Started smoking with the old man in the early 60s.. maybe before in a 45 gal drum.. now have 2 upright smokers...
And been doing on ave 5 to 8 cassases on splits over open fires for near 40yrs.. hung , marinated for 24hrs and basted .. Still would like to do a fallow for the guys.. never done a deer.... just the ham..

I was originally an industrial chemist, went into production management, owned/ operated a Fiberglas company and factory for many yrs, then engineering, lathes, metal spraying, then sort fell in to IT for next 25 yrs..

Oh and just just add Im a well above an ave shot with a rifle at 250m 350m and 500... even after going blind in one eye and having to shoot for the 1st time right handed

For many years we had and maintained a weather station as part of a network run by Jim Salanger and his then Wife...hence good understanding of weather the whys , data bases etc

I have personally built our own kitchens, ensuites, stripped pre plasted, house to perfect flat smooth painted surface, made custom 50X 50 heart rimu bench tops.  Didntr sand the floors.. thats another leave to the experienced guys..tinted and polyed them thu..

Oh lest thru in the avairies, 6 of then and total 16 flights, yrs breeding parrots including kakariki..
OH year also run my own web  mail servers that I built, and coded...
hmm may as well put it here
www.kakariki.net
Do a ip trace then on on this post .. see it the happen to match..  uknow how to do something as simple as that?
Then there is the jowett car clubsite.. bit basic and outta date in design cause made that yrs ago, and just been updated with events after the covid changes..
 Let you google for that and check that ip as well.

Then lets throw in propping.. got into that because the professionals just BS..Even tought myself how to code java intoan android app once sorted the technical stuff, formula.. oh and lot study , building data bases....you may find Geer a good read.. the bible on the subject..

Again this and other stuff  can be substantiated by quite a few members here... regular visitors and also crew

I have opportunities in my life, and taken then them rather than p1ss my life up against a bloody wall...

Not like it seems several others who seem to stagnate their life very early on..and resent those who have.

So you throw the gunteltte  down...
Well I put my money where my mouth is..

Also unlike some, when things screw up, break down etc.. I say so honestly...and from these, anyone with a little suss learns a hell of lot from them... got some good F up stories, and wife has even more Wink

If someone say " cant do that" say smoke skined and fillet fish.. i then go and find out why, usually to find its because their uncles, cousins grandfather who died 100yrs said so type BS... again all stuff one learns how what to actually so do stuff..
Think it maybe my early education and approach to things in the sciences.. question everything..then go find out.

I will back up anything and invite anyone who think its BS to have a look.. see for then selves.

Oh may as well throw this in as well.. broke my back yrs ago.. legs and hips partly disabled..
 Blind in one eye now
And also Im dyslexic

So take your evy somewhere else..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 8:13pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Jeepers Steps, lets stick to the topic.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2021 at 7:18am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Merry Xmas Smudge..

Note the posts are nearly a month old.

Notice when the insulting baseless accusation above was made
Maybe you should deal with that BS 1st... or have dealt with the continuous niggling well be for now.

And you know We  the above, have had it..and its good. Wink

Merry Christmas