Illegal road blocks

Page  <12345>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 7:44pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 8:53pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 9:48pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

As said before, this was never about covid...it's about power...and how long until someone is shot....
It might only be a few outspoken activist types, but their own people won't say anything.
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 10:21pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 3:00am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

sorry does thiswork

Thanks Kevin. Where too now??Pack up and leave NZ like the South Africans are doing in SA?? But where to go or stand up against them??Wild west is on the come back.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 8:17am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

sorry does thiswork

Thanks Kevin. Where too now??Pack up and leave NZ like the South Africans are doing in SA?? But where to go or stand up against them??Wild west is on the come back.

When things get out of hand, I've said to my Mrs, we're going to Aussie if they'll have us, no arguments! My mother experienced racial segregation and war in another country. Ugly. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Try Fluke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 8:22am
Try Fluke View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

just a point to make; When as a Tradie I did work at a school I needed to have a police vet, if these guys are to check your personal details if have grave concerns. Personally if you are unvaccinated you are an idiot and you may have limited time on this earth. 
If iwi are checking your personal info and has gang connections, what's the chances of him contacting his mates in Auckland while you are travelling north for your holiday to give your address away.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 8:41am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MB MB wrote:

sorry does thiswork

When things get out of hand, I've said to my Mrs, we're going to Aussie if they'll have us, no arguments! My mother experienced racial segregation and war in another country. Ugly. 
The real big question is.Why is this Govt playing in to their hands??To keep the maori seats?

https://www.teaomaori.news/freedom-people-are-dying-worldwide

Now that was a surprise read. Thought Tama would be against it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 12:30pm
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

it makes me sad, I’m currently building s house in Christchurch. It’s supposed to be a rental but there is a reasonable chance we might end up there if **** like this keeps happening. Can also go to Oz but that has its own issues. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 3:38pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

sorry does thiswork

Things are only going to get worse under the auspices of He puapua and the fraudulent reinterpretation of the Treaty as a partnership document (in the 70's) and the discovery of magical unwritten principles within that newly reinterpreted document.
All this is aided and abbetted by the the UN's UNDRIP policy which is actively driving ethnic politics/control and division into once peaceful countries.
If He puapua is implemented fully under the guide of UNDRIP, there will be two governemnts in NZ, one for NZers of Maori descent and one for the rest with NZer's of Maori descent having the power of veto over everything.
As is being done in Health and Three Waters ant this very moment.
You will have approx 16% of the population with direct contol over 50% of resources/finances while the other 85% have to make do with the remaining 50%, and remember, the 16% will have final say as to how all the resources are used and money spent for everyone.
Hang on folks, we are in for one hell of a ride.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 5:31pm
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Interesting, its a problem that this govt and maybe some in the past are not dealing with properly. The media, news programs TV programs seem to forget that Maori are a minority and that many races now make up what we used to call New Zealand. There are two dedicated  Maori channels on TV which is great but the other channels are forced to speak a mixture of English (the international business language ) and an almost pigeon English,, English broken up by Te Reo which means that both languages are being used incorrectly. These any many other things are spoiling this once relaxed country and even if most of New Zealanders just go about their daily lives with out noticing or pretending they don't care, the issues you brought up are only the tip of the ice burg. I had a South African colleague say to me that he came to New Zealand to escape the crap they had back home but now even though this country is still much better than many he sees things happening here that will escalate to major problems in the future. 
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 2:07pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Have just found this.
Knowing the calibre of rushed legislation lately this could well be a possiblity.

"Not "police" presence, "under the supervision of Police". What does that actually mean? A sales supervisor might ‘supervise’ a sales team across all the North Island….doesn’t mean they are ‘present’!"

Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 2:24pm
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Because many people are silly, they vote for personality and many liked Jacinda, nice lefty etc, appealed to those that are either rightfully on benefits and the ones too fn lazy to try to improve their lives and thought they were going to get more money. The labour govt. traditionally ( really old days ) supported laborers' etc, in more recent times some professionals as well. Funny thing is when you talk to people none of them voted them in,,,, In the past it was difficult to get Maori and Islander to vote but the last election they had a record turnout. Now the issue I see is that its very nice to have pay outs for this that and the other but in order to do so you have to have a very productive works force, lots of industry and people on more than average incomes to be able to fund a social system adequately. We don't have this any more and if you keep bringing in laborers and people into Auckland that can never afford to purchase even modest homes and support their families with out subsidies, then the social issues that most of us don't want to see increase will only get worse. Interesting that in NZ only one in 3 working people actually positively contribute to the tax intake, the rest qualify for some sort of subsidy, think about it,, this paints a pretty grim picture for the future (only my opinion)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kimber7wsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 3:34pm
kimber7wsm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi TJM, can you please clarify

"Interesting that in NZ only one in 3 working people actually positively contribute to the tax intake, the rest qualify for some sort of subsidy, think about it,, this paints a pretty grim picture for the future (only my opinion)"

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 4:16pm
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Apparently if you are a family on the average wage, have children, you qualify for a tax rebate, which is fair enough as we know what it cost these days to live, let alone try to bring up dependents on 50k or less, there a re quite a few other benefits paid to people so in actual fact many that think they are contributing are actually getting more back than are paying in tax. I would like to find the article that produced the database it was interesting. It actually makes sense when you think about it. How many New Zealanders have full time employment, about 3 million before the lock downs according to govt stats, of these the average salary is 56k. So even if every one on the average wage paid full tax with no rebates, the total tax take would have support the other 1-2 million ( giving that we have an aging  population ) and un employment could most likely increase due to loss of primary industries and also Covid shut downs, we are depending more and more on the profitability of the few large producers we have like Fonterra not only for overseas funds but also employment.  I don't have all the facts in front of me but I found it a bit sobering given that there is also pressure on the farming sector to reduce intensified farming ( to try to help reverse environment damage etc) and currently I understand that the Dairy industry has bounced back to the top after the demise of the tourism sector. The point is the current Govt has embarked on the spending spree and apart from the rumor of a 2% tax increase coming up no solid plan to make us more competitive and productive to allow an increase in tax derived revenue. I'm sure the politicians will have plenty to debate before the next election and hopefully either the current govt or their main opposition will have some plausible plans, not just the usual promises to get elected.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 5:52pm
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm not a huge fan of many of the current governments policies but there are a few things to be aware of:

* unemployment is at a low level right now (3.4% lowest since at least 2006 by the looks of things)

* NZ GDP took a hit during the lockdowns but has bounced back

* NZ public debt as a percentage of GDP has taken a hit with the COVID business/wage subsidies etc. but the IMF thinks we will still be in a better position than many of our trading partners in 2024

Of course the COVID wage subsidies have kept many off the dole but it remains to be seen whether the businesses they are employed by will be able to bounce back - particularly in the hospo and tourist sectors. 

The jury is still out on how we will go as an economy but that's also true of most of the rest of the world and at least we haven't seen worse than 1 in 500 deaths which is the case in the USA (possibly 1 in 429 I think but I'm not 100% sure).
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 6:52pm
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Common do not let this happen in our country Govt or not, do not let these idiots take over. God help the C222ts trying to pull myself and family over, trust me **** will happen. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 7:43pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

but who to vote for other than labour! National was/is rubbish for the environment (not that labour did better on this point) money at all costs, rich getting richer poorer getting poorer yardy yardy yadry Act …? That dude still comes across as odd, I know, I know I should/am be looking at policy rather than personal appeal so I’m trying there.

It’s like the USA trump little hands was horrendous, constant blantent lieing, vanity, small intellect,ego etc etc etc etc but will no doubt win next elction as Biden is a doofus puppet and about to drop.

Democracy means we will never get someone or party that represents you in everything. Impossible so it’s which will do the most. At least in this country we aren’t thick and blind and just vote for one party cause we or family always has no matter what the police is. We click our brains into gear and move to what we think is best for us, our environment and fellow kiwis …
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 8:24pm
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeh its not all bad, but hell there are some very bad decisions being made, Like I said time will tell, as far as unemployment figures it will be interesting, I know many businesses in Auckland should be closed now, I manage one when I can get up there and I can tell you if it wasn't for the other 8 we have spread out over the rest of NZ we would close the doors. The loses are huge. Any way lets forget about it and just try to get out fishing more than we have over the last year. Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 8:31pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

👍👏 and we have a week of rubbish weather coming up….bugger
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Page  <12345>