Illegal road blocks

Page  <1234 5>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 5:30pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Something I seem to be observing in the last week or so.
 Before there was a lot of Government statements concerns expressed and money handed out willy nilly to support cutural sections of our population how just dont want the be vaccinated in spite of their own experts and Covid experts.
Now in the last week or so, still have Iwi , local groups jumping up and down .. stay way.. more support, colonialism at work again , racist BS.
And the government is just saying to the whole country
"Covid is coming to you, protect yourself and get 2x vacced  ASAP"

Its my impression the Government has either given up pumping more support in, or it is releasing to do so endlessly is not a very good political look.. votes.

Sad part is , if my impression is correct, the reason is another action late, 'made up as go on the fly'..for actions and stand taken long ago on a more honorable basis.

Armed forces where on stand by 1st lockdown for check points and such.. not used..Iwi check points ineffect condoned illegally by the government.
I agree if check points cant be fully manned by the police then they should be supported by the armed forces...
Might keep the gangs crossing borders unchecked with their illicit goods as well.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 11:41am
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Permanent stop everyone checkpoints are just not feasible long term. Look at what got through even when they were stopping everyone.
It's up to everyone to do the best that they can for themselves and their loved ones now.
Yes it enrages me that certain ones think they are above the law, but for now I'm not going to fill my thought life with them and ruin my day. We do have a choice.
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 5:58pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What exactly are people up far north for example afraid of?
You cant seriously tell me the un-vaxed up there actually give a rats arse about Covid.
This whole situation is just playing into there Hands as a reason to keep people away from "There" lands.
Like we are gonna sit around and pander to these
idiots for ever is just beyond belief.
You wait and see the backlash this summer when people who are perfectly entitled to travel are turned around by some random iwi member wearing a high vis.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lawabidingpoacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 7:09pm
lawabidingpoacher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

now that would be some funny s##t !! Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 7:58pm
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Schampy Schampy wrote:

What exactly are people up far north for example afraid of?You cant seriously tell...
What is In brackets, they may well get run over, not turned back, do not turn back stand your ground against no conforming idiots.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 8:00pm
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Absolutely .Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 11:06pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

this thread script is hard left for some reason. Reply box is normal for me match box side hard right. May want to upgrade tech support. 
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 1:19am
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

There  is a page 2,  with nothing on it. So may as well type something. People with no legitimate right to, should not have ability to do road blocks regardless of political persuasion, One rule of of law. Far north was not separate principality controlled by minority of local malitia last year. What’s the story now. I need to go fishing for marlin now, possibly violent if stopped but am double vexed.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 1:26am
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think its important to remember that Hone only represents a very very small minority, He is just an activist and has a long storied history of aggitating and generally being very provocative. Dont lump the 178k sane rational people in with Hone, he is just blowing wind up his own backside.Given his mother and brothers history of physically assaulting carrington mental health clients, youd be forgiven for thinking he copped one to many floggings as a kid...  
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 1:44am
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

fair enough most people in far north are sane, understand concern re lower vaccinated population… need to get rate up, I have a good tan on and bit of Maori heritage from BOP, but this talk of stoping people who are vaxed or maybe not vaxed outside a govt police controlled checkpoint is saddition, unsanctioned and illegal. However best intentioned, and probably won’t stuff up my season as generally only go as far as bland bay or more often tuts. Still makes it wrong. Pollies need to say not on and enforce what is meant to happen according to rules they’ve announced. Simple.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 5:25am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

5.00am news zb police support roadblocks
Apartied creeping in??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 6:51am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Titahi Titahi wrote:

I think its important to remember that Hone only represents a very very small minority, He is just an activist and has a long storied history of aggitating and generally being very provocative. Dont lump the 178k sane rational people in with Hone, he is just blowing wind up his own backside.Given his mother and brothers history of physically assaulting carrington mental health clients, youd be forgiven for thinking he copped one to many floggings as a kid...  

Good post. As with any area of politics, a small agitating minority have the loudest voice which is unfortunate. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 9:53am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bit of irony here.
 One one hand we have Brian tamaki and the 'freedom ' protesters protesting restrictions on 'emergency mandates, claiming nazi and communist government etc (forget right or wrong for now)

On the other hand we now have groups, primary those who have the freedom to choose not to be vacced in well know holiday areas, knowing holidays coming up , knowing . mandates being loosened. now restricting the freedoms of the majority of (vacced) New Zealanders to move around the country and even to their own places (baches etc) they pay rates to subsidize the ppl who are at risk by choice.

If the government panders to a minority (under 10% of the population) who are at risk by choice...

Where then, are the same 'Brian Tamaki' and religious organisations, and  freedom fighters protesting this gross freedom of movement we have under the human rights bill and United Nations Charters?

Bottom line any road blocks outside mandated emergency regulations (eg red zones) are then illegal with government support....

Now where are the freedom ppl? 
Makes them a joke... bigger joke.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 11:49am
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

This Govt needs to go. 
Maori road blocks, rubbish . What a divided country we have become. Started with John Keys then onto our very, very, basic Jacinda.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 2:51pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Originally posted by Reel Deal Reel Deal wrote:

this thread script is hard left for some reason. Reply box is normal for me match box side hard right. May want to upgrade tech support. 
Hook-It managed to bugger up the quote but that's fixed now Thumbs Up
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 4:19pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

thanks Greta …just leaves my reply box being a tiny thing on right side f my page …….any progress? Friday afternoons aye 😂😂
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 5:39pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/alert-nat/457068/police-and-iwi-to-set-up-checkpoints-on-northland-auckland-border

Police are working with iwi in Northland to manage checkpoints after 15 December when the borders around Auckland reopen to ensure that those travelling from Auckland meet the new requirements.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 5:52pm
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

sweet, so now anybody can setup roadblocks to protect those that cant be ars$d getting vaccinated.
Sea Strike 18' Centre Console - Under Construction....Build Thread here
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 6:11pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I wonder what dirt Maori/ gangs  etc have on this government.
This entire sarga of empowering iwi to block roads is simply not normal politics at all.
The amount of damage done to this country already is irreversible, at least 2 more years of this madness.
Jesus....why the hell did people vote for this completely incompetent and as it seems totally corrupt  hack of a party.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 6:53pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"I wonder what dirt Maori/ gangs  etc have on this government."

I have had an answer to that proposed to me by several people.
I can't print it here, but maybe some can guess it.
There are plenty of people wondering, and the answer seems to be the same in every case.
I should clarify a bit. Maori - there are votes in it.
Gangs - no votes in pandering to gangs. Has to be another reason :-)
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Page  <1234 5>