Illegal road blocks

Page  123 5>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Got-ya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Illegal road blocks
    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 5:09pm
Got-ya View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

PM asks iwi proposing to block people from Bay of Islands to 'work closely with police' (msn.com)

Pleased I have decided to take the family south of Auckland this summer. Honestly not sure how I would react to any one not police or emergency services blocking a public road my taxes have helped pay and maintain. 
THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF FISHERMAN, THOSE WHO FISH FOR SPORT AND THOSE THAT CATCH SOMETHING.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 5:22pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It seem Iwi are going to block off a lot of Northland because the risk of Covid to locals  who dont want to be vaccinated...
 End of the day boils down to that after the $158,000,000, so far pumped into Iwi for vaccination .

Seems on one hand The government says get vaccinated and if not you put yourself and family and community at risk.
 And on the other hand condones Iwi (no other communities) who dont wish to be vaccinated.
Also they say " Covid will be coming to your town doesnt matter you like it or not....."

Sry I just cant get my head around the logic or thought process in front of us...
Can any one explain it ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 5:32pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

Sry I just cant get my head around the logic or thought process in front of us...
Can any one explain it ?

Using circumstances to play the system and see how far they can take things before there is push back from the gutless government and councils. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 5:39pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It seem Iwi are going to block off a lot of Northland because the risk of Covid to locals  who dont want to be vaccinated...
 End of the day boils down to that after the $158,000,000, so far pumped into Iwi for vaccination .

Seems on one hand The government says get vaccinated and if not you put yourself and family and community at risk.
 And on the other hand condones Iwi (no other communities) who dont wish to be vaccinated.
Also they say " Covid will be coming to your town doesnt matter you like it or not....."

Can any one explain it ?

Things such as this will only get worse under He puapua unfortunately. Disapprove
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 5:46pm
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by v8-coupe v8-coupe wrote:

Can any one explain it ?

Things such as this will only get worse under He puapua unfortunately. Disapprove
Civil war is around the corner, trust me it will happen . Most have had enough of the Maori bull****.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Got-ya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 7:04pm
Got-ya View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I think that's a way off. But police need to grow a pair and clear these illegal road blocks. When someone gets run over at one of these stops it will be on them. 
THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF FISHERMAN, THOSE WHO FISH FOR SPORT AND THOSE THAT CATCH SOMETHING.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 7:09pm
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Interesting,  in my opinion Maori and any other people that make up NZrs have had every chance to get vaccinated if they wanted to. They have had an additional 500 million pumped their way to assist. It seems that a few either don't care, don't want to be vaccinated ( which is their choice) or just want to make Covid another excuse not to comply with the rest of the nation. In saying this its only a small minority and the Govt shouldn't let them spoil it for the rest of the community. We will see what eventuates.
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 8:48pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Got-ya Got-ya wrote:

I think that's a way off. But police need to grow a pair and clear these illegal road blocks. When someone gets run over at one of these stops it will be on them. 
I agree with Hook iT  the s*** will hit the fan in the near future if Maori set up road blocks without Police backing. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:29pm
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Snappa Geoff Snappa Geoff wrote:

I agree with Hook iT  the s*** will hit the fan in the near future if Maori set up road blocks without Police backing. 

Agreed Geoff,   No police backing needed, just police. the Maoris do not run nor own this country. Nor do they have the right to impeded any law abiding citizen. Just look at what the Tuhoe maggots have said that no person shall enter the Ureweras, What ? This is our country !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:40pm
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Hook-it Hook-it wrote:

Originally posted by Snappa Geoff Snappa Geoff wrote:

Agreed Geoff,   No police backing needed, just police. the Maoris do not run nor own this country. Nor do they have the right to impeded any law abiding citizen. Just look at what the Tuhoe maggots have said that no person shall enter the Ureweras, What ? This is our country !
yep but $2.2m are to maintain it abs urs in ruins tractors parked across boat ramps. Huts vandalised and in dis repair. And traps rotting in the Bush after they kicked out dOC. Who's accountable for the money no one...
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 6:12am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This has been going on for years and the Police for some reason turn a blind eye to it! Wot if it was Pakeha blocking roads, bush, boat ramps etc they would on to you like a ton of bricks straight away. Fifteen years ago on a fishing trip up North went to see Tanemahuta-Big Kauri Tree. Blocking the car park entrance were three rough looking Maori guys. Hey Bro two bucks? wots that for Bro? we are protecting the cars parked  so no one damages them. Wot if you don't pay Bro? Your cars probably going to get damaged Bro! My mates are big guys we told them to get f****** and left. Nearly a scrap but they backed downas they would of got a hiding. Cops knew about this and other blocks at other Kauri forest car parks and do nothing. Don't know if it still goes on these days, but i wouldn't be supprised.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 9:47am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Haha! If you ever drove to a football match in Liverpool and as soon as you parked your car a kid would run up and suggest you give him a couple of bob to mind your car. You always paid up. 
Left for NZ in 1983 and I bet those kids are still doing the same.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 10:04am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I just herd Hone on the radio saying they don't want anyone who is not fully vaccinated travelling to Northland this summer.  Seemed a little ironic as Northland has one of the lowest rates of vaccination in the country.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 10:18am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Left for NZ in 1983 and I bet those kids are still doing the same.
 Nah , they have got older and now shake down whole neighborhoods Wink

Some how I dont think it is the police supporting any Iwi road blocks...
Even thu Cindy often states "police independent investigations..." Then yeah.
 But when it comes to Police "assist " road blocks, thats political interference in our 'independent' police force enforcing the law.
Cindy and here government are not very popular with the police from top to bottom.. giving funds back to gangs .. list goes on and on.
Then state "police to assist..."  that a big kick in the face to police and their legal authority..

Imagine if you where policeman, or similar situation at your  work....

Sure we have covid.. civil defense, medical, coast Guard emergencies,  'freedoms often take a 2nd place to get things done, save lives and property..
Something the 'freedom' ppl and brian tamaki dont under stand...

But for politician to actively infer removal of the legal and independent powers of the justice and policing without going thru the House debate, submissions, select committee and passing of legislation, system, goes right to the core of and destruction that our democracy is based on.

The implications for the future....and I say this for the 1st time... smells a bit like repeat of history, rise, of 20th and 21 st century Fascists

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Got-ya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 10:40am
Got-ya View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

From a Herald article today
Harawira said they were wanting to work with police as much as possible, but they intended for there to be roadblocks checking people's vaccination status.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 11:04am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Harawira said they were wanting to work with police as much as possible

Work WITH ..
Thats support.. but not doing anything that requires a sworn in policeman (sry person)  to carry out.
I dont have a problem with that.. or any local community supporting..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 11:04am
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

If the police need help use the army, not glorified non compliant dickhead's. By their own doing Northland is going to be a hot spot /covid. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 11:33am
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Interesting thing, a friend was stopped at the Akl to Northland border a long with many others to check exemptions etc etc, While they were stopped 10 Black power drove through the road block or checking point. She asked what the story was and the people on patrol answered not much we can do about it. The point is and has been brought up many time before why do we even bother iwth lockdowns, certificates etc if the people who are supposed to be at risk continually flout the rules. The answer is with this Govt is that  their are no consequences for the rule breakers but for you and I that try to do the right thing, the book would be thrown at us if we didn't comply.
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 12:03pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Put a roadblock in front of theirs and don't let them out...
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 12:10pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by tjm tjm wrote:

Interesting thing, a friend was stopped at the Akl to Northland border a long with many others to check exemptions etc etc, While they were stopped 10 Black power drove through the road block or checking point. She asked what the story was and the people on patrol answered not much we can do about it. The point is and has been brought up many time before why do we even bother iwth lockdowns, certificates etc if the people who are supposed to be at risk continually flout the rules. The answer is with this Govt is that  their are no consequences for the rule breakers but for you and I that try to do the right thing, the book would be thrown at us if we didn't comply.

I was told last week that locally the police do not stop gang members now. They go where they like when they like. I didn't quite believe it but it sounds like it might be true.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Page  123 5>