It's my Wedding Anniversary!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's my Wedding Anniversary!
    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 4:49am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yepp, today is my 33rd wedding anniversary (I think) so I'm going to celebrate by going deer shooting and when I get back I'm out over the west coast for a snapper fish. My wife doesn't do any of those things so I'm hoping she will appreciate the peace and quiet. I wonder if I should have told her Ermm

Oh well she will figure that out when she sees the the boat has gone. Anyway it's nearly 5am so I better head off to the hills.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 4:51am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Congratulations smudge/ Mrs smudge.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 8:17am
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Have a ripper time Smudge! Very considerate of you!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 10:05am
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Awesome smudge is that how you stayed married soo long. Just do whatever you want 😁 I'll divide your 33 by 3. Today is our 11th anniversary and I'm out with the family. Would rather be shooting and fishing though.
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote John_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 11:01am
John_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hahaha..... good luck...

wonder if she'll send you a txt  "don't hurry back"   
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishful Thinking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 6:38pm
Fishful Thinking View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The oldest joke, professor tried to engage a somnolent lecture hall in a physiology lecture by asking, "What is your arsehole doing when you orgasm". 
Young lady immediately replied, "normally fishing".
Cranked up 34, my father never warned me of the consequences, just chuckled at the church. Rediscovered fishing.
PhD: Pool Hall Diploma
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 7:50pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

I'm quietly confident asking this on behalf of 54,558 members smudge~~did you get a shot away on your morning adventure?
...& was it worthy of absconding on such an auspicious occasion?

come in scottie..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 8:03pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Hehe good to see that received in the way it was intended. Yes I did go deer shooting but my son Arron carried the rifle. We saw 13 and he took one shot, his first at anything other than a target. He missed a sitter at 70m but good fun. On the water at 9.30 to 42m, first drop a little 35cm snapper on the baku baku. It took another 30 minutes to catch the next two. We went to 50m.  another two or three in the bin and a big tope. No great whites today. Another 30mins and out to blue water at 60m. The fish were bigger. They were very shy on the bite and only smallish. When we hooked one, typically all 3 of us would hook up.

Oh yeah I left my tackle box at home. The skipper left his ph in the suv and our fishfinder/chartplotter didn't work. We figured the depth using rainbow braid.

30 snapper, 3 gurnard and one shark on a stunning day with no discernible swell and no chop. One of those stunning days.

Now I'm sitting down having a Len Brown or four and my wife is enjoying a wine with her friend and Arron is cooking up some whole snapper for our dinner. He's up again at 4.30 to carry the rifle for my mate. I'm having a sleep in.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. It takes a special kind of guy to live this life 

Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 10:15pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Arron went out deer shooting with my mate again this morning, Idecided to sleep in. He sent me this pic just after 6.00am

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 5:22pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Finally a useful tool there Smudge.

Bit disappointed on your care,of your squeeze.

Makes me look bad.
Did my 38 th two weeks ago.
Seems no parole for me on the horizon.

Can't remember the last time I was west.

Looks like your offspring could be useful.
I hope you set the rules of catch percentages relative to years raised.

Could be a win for you.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!