Not more confusion surely !!!!!!!!!

Page  <1 234
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 6:09pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Perhaps If one just has the qr code tattooed on their forehead or the back of their hand...
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 7:11pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You have to think, now there are millions of downloaded codes that are editable, the whole exercise is pointless. It was designed to separate the vaccinated from the unvaxxed, at certain strategic points - high risk events etc. Now that you can edit the downloaded code and alter it, the process is a waste of time. It cannot with any integrity provide what it was designed to do.
If they were serious about having policies that discriminated between vaxxed/unvaxxed, then they will have to start again.
Anything else is a charade that will fail to achieve any purpose.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 9:43pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

Samsung Android, ive now taken a screenshot from the emailed pdf file. App has disappeared.

Pretty sure that's the problem I had. You download it using Google Pay but the app isn't installed on your phone even though you can still download it. Easy enough to download Google Pay but me scratching my head for a while.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 5:45am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Big -Dave Big -Dave wrote:

Perhaps If one just has the qr code tattooed on their forehead or the back of their hand...

Mahuta has her qr code tattoed on her chin. Looks greatLOL

www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 9:03am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Alan, the "card" covid pass that is "downloaded" into Google Pay is NOT editable. The pdf form is editable (which is stupid) but only the name and DoB. When the QR code is scanned it will show the correct name and address on the scanners device. I am not defending the cluster#%&@ that this lot is engaged in but just ensuring the correct info is out there.

pcj and kitno, have you gone to the Play store and installed the Google Pay App? This seems to be the cause of most issues, it shouldn't be according to Google , but it is on the ones I have seen.

Pcj, I presume from your  post that you have a pin set as your unlock code for the phone. What android version are you running and is it patched to the latest security level for that version?

For this "card" to go into google Pay and work properly the phone and installed software must meet the Google Play Protect requirements.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 12:30pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Salty you know your Stuff!! Should be on Grunta's payrole for Forum ProblemsLOLLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 12:30pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Salty C - yes I figured that.
But what it means is a bunch of unvaccinated can substitute their name for the vaccinated.
Unless it is mandatory to scan it (it is not) and they ask for a 2nd ID to confirm the actual identity, then it is a waste of time. Most of the cards will be genuine. The only fraudulent ones will be the minority un vaxxed. And right now the system has no way to pick them up.
So a waste of time really.
Imagine if you are unvaxxed and want to go to Rhythm in Vines. Not hard. Unless they introduce another tier of security, beyond the card.
And they expect about 40% of the attendees to come from Akl.
Regards
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 2:27pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

A handy hint !

The cert is meant to be folded in half like a book therefore it can be cut in half before laminating. When trimmed to size it is just right to adhere to the back of your mob ph using double sided tape.

We elected to do three copies each ... one for the phone ... one in the wallet & the third for somewhere in our vehicles.

Am confident even an old forgetful coot like me should be able to find at least one of them if asked to do so.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 3:39pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Used the pass 1st time this morning. Booked Hair cut.
Used the screen shot.. which if one would like , set as wallpaper.
They scanned it all good..
Finally a good hair cut...Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 5:00pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by SaltyC SaltyC wrote:

Alan, the "card" covid pass that is "downloaded" into Google Pay is NOT editable. The pdf form is editable (which is stupid) but only the name and DoB. When the QR code is scanned it will show the correct name and address on the scanners device. I am not defending the cluster#%&@ that this lot is engaged in but just ensuring the correct info is out there.

pcj and kitno, have you gone to the Play store and installed the Google Pay App? This seems to be the cause of most issues, it shouldn't be according to Google , but it is on the ones I have seen.

Pcj, I presume from your  post that you have a pin set as your unlock code for the phone. What android version are you running and is it patched to the latest security level for that version?

For this "card" to go into google Pay and work properly the phone and installed software must meet the Google Play Protect requirements.

Yes when to google pay store,it asked for card to be added.Got out there real quick.I will not add a card. Phone is up to date. Doing what bazza has done.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:42am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Salty C - yes I figured that.
But what it means is a bunch of unvaccinated can substitute their name for the vaccinated.

Yes .. But
When the QR code is scanned it will show the correct name and address on the scanners device.

And in practice will the person scanning know to check they match?  and if know when have 100s ppl line up actually check..?

My 1st scan yesterday , mentioned to the person and they did not know they should be checking details on my copy match the details on what  he scanned..

Not only that, I could simply have another person legit copy... scans  details match , not edited, just wrong person.
Just as PJC points out.. no verification like arms or Pass port or drivers license, student ID card... or DHB bit paper to match

Government talked about passes over a yr ago, including for ppl going to other countries..They knew most other countries required official government verification over and above the DHB bit paper... and didnt sign off  the contract to make till about 30 days before issue....

Its like they make stuff up as they go along, even they know what is needed a yr before.
 The ring fencing rentals same thing, came in active march, as an idea.. full of bugs and in legislation not going thru till next yr..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 10:01am
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by kaveman kaveman wrote:

Originally posted by Big -Dave Big -Dave wrote:

Mahuta has her qr code tattoed on her chin. Looks greatLOL

And I thought it was a 'WINZ BAR CODE'.Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 10:26am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No argument from me about the stupidity and short sightedness of this lot Steps, this whole covid pass thing has been badly thought out, poorly designed and atrociously implemented. Full of holes and pretty easily subverted.

Just trying to help people get it set up so they can use it if they want to.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 12:08pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 12:12pm
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Only a matter of time, just like the proof required of a negative test result before you leave a country to come to NZ. False certs easy to come by in some countries where scammers make a living from these types of things.
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 7:34pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ok here we go again.
Ordered online pizza and pick up. Turn up on time scan in,next thing we need to see your pass,no problem but I need to see yours too,reply I am not vaccinated. I then went on to her to say I am doing the right thing by protecting you now you need to do the right thing and protect me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 8:02am
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The stupid thing is that if you squawk loud enough and plead that you wont have enough staff for you business to operate if the vac cert thing in enforced the govt has already relaxed on their original mandate. My way of thinking you either have to be vaccinated to be in public or you don't. I feel sorry for the cafés and businesses similar to them that have had to endure 3 months plus of little income, now they have to enforce the cert thing and yet supermarkets, diary's and now food outlets don't even check. The latter would  have to be the riskiest places to go at present because the rank and file visit all the time.
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 8:25am
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I just have mine on my watch works well. Also have the rest of the family’s just in case we have a device issue when we are out and about. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 8:39am
Nathan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Agree the whole thing is a cluster. There is a huge amount of effort, cost, and compliance to make the 90+% jump through hoops just to try make life hard for the 10% who haven't behaved. I feel sorry for cafe's and restaurants who have been bent over and shafted. There should be a collective boycott of the whole system.

No vaccinated person should be scared of an unvaccinated person. Your vaccine protects you from serious illness; that's the whole point. Anything else is misplaced fear and paranoia.

Its summer in the best country in the world, lets just get on with.

Omicron is coming soon anyway. Highly transmissible and mild. The sooner the better.
Page  <1 234