Not more confusion surely !!!!!!!!!

Page  <1234>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Orchidman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 11:22pm
Orchidman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

It looks like we will be starting charters again next friday...........So I go through the covid rules to see what is required of us to be compliant.
Amongst other things, we have to download the 'scan app' and use it to scan the punters vaccine pass's according to the covid orders.........and this was confirmed by a ph call to those at the covid help line.
It is not voluntary re the scanning, it is mandatory........so I set up a system that we can follow to comply.............then on tuesday I see this article in Stuff where the Prime Minister says we dont have to scan the vaccine passes......Ermm
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/300461414/covid19-nz-jacinda-ardern-says-vaccine-passes-dont-need-to-be-scanned-ministry-of-health-says-they-do

Typical of the current mob in power, they aren't on the same page or even reading from the same book!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 8:17am
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yup Amateurs
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 9:45am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by tjm tjm wrote:

Yup Amateurs
15th december in NSW Aussie no more qr code/vaccine passes can go to clubs/pubs etc as they will have a vaccinated rate of 95%which is what WHO recommend.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 9:58am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Am I missing something?  People are going on about installing apps and all sorts of stuff.  All I did to get my pass was go to a web site, sign in and clicked on a button.  A moment later my pass landed in my inbox as a pdf, so I could print it out or store it on my phone.  I don't really know how it could have been any easier.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 10:28am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

Am I missing something?  People are going on about installing apps and all sorts of stuff.  All I did to get my pass was go to a web site, sign in and clicked on a button.  A moment later my pass landed in my inbox as a pdf, so I could print it out or store it on my phone.  I don't really know how it could have been any easier.
same steps I did Kevin,but when installed as a app through google pay/play it installed and a day later app was gone. So printed off and saved email.Done loaded again last with son.He said sweet all set.This morning app gone again.New(2019)samsung ph,android.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Orchidman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 10:33am
Orchidman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

The app I installed on my mobile is the one that has to be used by businesses ( in this case the Charter business) so they can comply with the rules under the new Red Light System. Normal people do what you did, businesses have to do a lot extra.........Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 11:08am
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I don't own a business but I installed the vaccine pass scanning app on my phone so I could see what was shared etc.  It was easy to install and easy to use. (It shows your name, DOBand a big green tick if it's a valid pass).

I can see the sighting/scanning of passes would be difficult for some businesses e.g. a swim school where all staff are in the water and parents / care givers are coming and going to pick up kids etc.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 9:24am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Further to my touge in cheek post further back..
 Removed the pin for my phone.. app doesnt work..

As with PM above, gone thru the permissions of the pass app.
Body sensors ...why? can be turned off.
Files and Media.. needs to right details when you use the app... can be turned off
Location....if requirement using Q codes , why?
Microphone....Why?  can turn off
Phone....cant be turned off.
Physical Activity.....cant be turned off.
SMS ...why? can be turned off.

I havnt turned these off to see it still works as still havnt put the pin back on my phone yet.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 10:13am
John_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

pretty sure, everyone would scan in to any facility they intend to use, pick up etc...

the my covid record site to get your cert. I knew would crash, just another way to get more funds from govt... So the next one ran smooth & it did too, got my cert in seconds, even though went to spam...

ring 0800 number if don't like techy things, help each other out..

Aucks would never have come out of lockdown without something to change things...

prob have to get "booster" shots yearly from now on??? like a flu jab

up here they were giving out vouchers to get a jab!!! I like free stuff  lol...

take care & watch out for friends & neighbours....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 12:31pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So it turns out your vaccine pass Cert - your passport to freedom, is an editable pdf.
2 M already in circ.
No need for the non- vaxxed to worry.
You can't make this stuff up.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 5:01pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crochet Cast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 8:13pm
Crochet Cast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Alan
Sums it up really.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 9:23am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I downloaded the vaccine pass last night which came through without too many problems. Now this morning I can't find any trace of it on my phone whatsoever. Completely disappeared.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote e.m.p! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 11:25am
e.m.p! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

if you’re on an iphone, you’ll find it in your “wallet” app. (it’s been the first time i opened that app either)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 11:35am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Samsung Android, ive now taken a screenshot from the emailed pdf file. App has disappeared.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 11:50am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Im Samsung android.. loaded app (needed a pin on the phone) took screen shot... set a short cut on the desktop to the screen shot.
 App is still there beside it... only works if have a security pin.. havnt check other security options like face or finger print etc. are the same.

My phone is rather modded thu.
 I use Nova launcher , scrapped the factory launchers on samsung and hauwai yrs ago.
And have heavy limitations on app permissions and what can and cant use mobile and wireless data.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 12:26pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

Samsung Android, ive now taken a screenshot from the emailed pdf file. App has disappeared.
welcome to my workdit is the biggest crappiest idea this lot have come up with.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 12:34pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

All below is from the Google Support site (ie not specific to what the developers have done here in NZ but how they should have done it!):

Important: Your device needs to run Android 5 or above and be Play Protect certified.

If you have the Google Pay app

1. Open the Google Pay app Google Pay.
  2. Touch the bottom of the screen and swipe up.
  3. Find your COVID card and tap it.
Tip: To find your COVID card easier next time, you can add a shortcut icon to your device’s home screen. To add an icon, follow the instructions above to find your COVID card. Tap More More and then Save to home.
Your COVID card will display the basic information about you, your healthcare provider, and your COVID vaccination or test. To find any additional info provided, at the bottom, tap Details.

If you don’t have the Google Pay app

1. On your device, go to Settings Settings.
  2. Tap Google and then Settings for Google apps.
  3. Tap Google Pay.
  4. Touch the bottom of the screen and swipe up.
  5. Find your COVID Card and tap it.

Tip: To find your COVID card easier next time, you can add a shortcut icon to your device’s home screen. To add an icon, follow the instructions above to find your COVID card. Tap More More and then Save to home.

Your COVID card will display the basic information about you, your healthcare provider, and your COVID vaccination or test. To find any additional info provided, at the bottom, tap Details.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 5:35pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Salty,app installed,go to open ,and it quickly ask for pin and shows blank,swipe anyway you like and cannot enter pin.The app is a waste of time.Have downloaded it and saved in notes on samsung,seems best option.

Is this a issue with samsung??Number 1 son cant do much better than me .

Any joy Kitno??

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 5:40pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Asks for pin but cannot enter and thats what you get.
Page  <1234>