Not more confusion surely !!!!!!!!!

Page  123 4>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not more confusion surely !!!!!!!!!
    Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 8:51am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

This post probably belongs in the "Politics/covid sector but that appears to be closed ... so here goes.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
By & large this household have been firm advocates of the JAB strategy being the most sensible option but have had cause to question many of the means of implementing the process, the latest example applying for a vac certificate that we are told will need to be presented to avoid certain restrictions.

Surely there must be a more sensible way to issue these certificates than requiring every person from a household must apply using different e-mail addresses eg a family of one to ten still or more have to struggle with setting up separate email addresses.

How many will not bother to do so due to the hassle of doing so or even having to check what addresses exist not to mention are still available, or conversely already taken.

Surely there must be enough highly paid "admin'' staff that could come up with a far more sensible method !!!!!
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 10:01am
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Agree totally, Dad had this problem as all emails go to mums, he would never check an email and would struggle.  They don't make it easy.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 10:28am
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

bazza, we took photos of the doctors recording, which shows the dates we were done, i do not think any person could argue that we havn't been jabed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 12:46pm
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You can now get access to your own jab status on my health account, I would have thought that a vac cert would be available through this application QR code or something along those lines
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 1:53pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by tjm tjm wrote:

You can now get access to your own jab status on my health account, I would have thought that a vac cert would be available through this application QR code or something along those lines

That is exactly what is happening.  You can get a QR code that an app can scan, the app will be used by all venues where vax is required.

But the whole web site crashed when they launched it today as everyone tried to get their codes at once.  No idea what the rush is, but no doubt it will sort itself out over a few days once the initial rush is gone.

I believe for the technologically averse a hard copy of the QR code will be available.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 1:55pm
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That's good news
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 1:58pm
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by tjm tjm wrote:

You can and i have but like anything this mob are involved with it's #@##*.
Log on and if you get some banner at the top saying the url has changed your on the wrong site but they don't tell you the new site.  Tried a few times and then later a new my health pop up.  Logged in sent request and got my passport.
Opened it on my phone so i could save it to my "wallet" (apple) and spent the next 1/2 hour trying to figure out how to access it for when i'm asked.  Also saved a copy in ibooks so hopefully i can find one again.

I don't have an OBE (like Bazza) but my dad does and he also doesn't have a phone so will be interesting for him.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 3:45pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Why not a simple card like a driver licence with a photo and bar code.   We need to make 3 gmail accounts. Needs to be simple.This is not.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 4:23pm
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I would guess they aren't issuing cards like driver licenses because of the limited life of each vaccine pass at the moment (I got mine today and it expires on 17/5/22 - 6 months from today and 8 months to the day since my second jab).  The cost of issuing and updating would be significant and it's another bit of plastic in my wallet although I may print out and laminate a copy to leave in the car just in case my phone goes flat.

My mum (80) managed to register on the MyCovidRecord.healh.nz website so will be able to download her pass.  She will also do it for dad (84).  She will struggle a little to save it in the wallet on her mobile but I should be able to talk her through it when needed (if I am not there in person).
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 4:26pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Hook-it Hook-it wrote:

bazza, we took photos of the doctors recording, which shows the dates we were done, i do not think any person could argue that we havn't been jabed

The vaccine pass will also be available for the small number of people who have a legitimate exemption and has limited data: full name, date of birth, expiry date and a QR code that venues can scan to check.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 5:19pm
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I wonder how the illegals are going to get on?? If you don't exist how can you have any record let alone get a vaccination,, Oh that's right the BOPDHP got arse reamed for asking for actually doing their job and asking for some form of identification. Confused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 5:22pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have weekly tests so why not just the details to my phone??  3 million trying to log before the 15th december
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 5:25pm
Platinum
Platinum

If you have a negative test 72 hours before travel then you are good to go Pcj (vaccinated or not).
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 6:08pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Phantom Menace Phantom Menace wrote:

If you have a negative test 72 hours before travel then you are good to go Pcj (vaccinated or not).
I cross the border every day and its a joke,tested Monday results back this morning not quite 72hrs passed but its up there,at the moment testing station are advising 48/72 hrs for results,in that time whose to say you have not been in contact??
Double jabbed so just send it out on phone simple to me.Tried logging but overloaded.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Denny Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 6:25pm
Denny Boy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

This really grates me!! Every person that has the jab gets entered into the system which is so great that it can't generate an automatic copy that gets sent to your address or emailed??? Struth they are relying once again on everyone owning a computor or smart phone. They have emailed those of us all of the details about getting a cert but when I went onto the site I found it really user-unfriendly anyway. The computor-less people are going to have to shag around ringing up to find out these details so that they can sort it. This is the running before you can walk syndrome again. It should have been sorted out and problems ironed out ages ago! To me the makers of the laws of this land should be responsible for getting these certs to everyone.......or am I over dramatising this? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 7:00pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This is par for the course. There is so much rubbish going on behind the scenes.
They are just scrambling to cover their ar... at every turn.
They had long enough to think this stuff out, in our smug little hermit kingdom.
Should I tell you I got back to NZ earlier this year without an MIQ voucher............?
Prob not.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 9:41pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

This post probably belongs in the "Politics/covid sector but that appears to be closed ... so here goes.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
By & large this household have been firm advocates of the JAB strategy being the most sensible option but have had cause to question many of the means of implementing the process, the latest example applying for a vac certificate that we are told will need to be presented to avoid certain restrictions.

Surely there must be a more sensible way to issue these certificates than requiring every person from a household must apply using different e-mail addresses eg a family of one to ten still or more have to struggle with setting up separate email addresses.

How many will not bother to do so due to the hassle of doing so or even having to check what addresses exist not to mention are still available, or conversely already taken.

Surely there must be enough highly paid "admin'' staff that could come up with a far more sensible method !!!!!

Barry you can ring them and they will email you a copy of your passport that you can print and keep in your wallet, I’ll email you the number, you will have to sit on the answer phone until someone answers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 5:21am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wife and I got a mini certificate each a few weeks back after our 2nd jab.They said take a photo of it on you phone as its proof for the future your double jabbed. 
Will this pass until they sort out these current problems being experienced?
Also I would like to add as PJC mentioned on the Borders, wot an absolute Joke. For most of Level Three, Mokau being the border to the Waikato, The road blocks got to a point where there weren't any for weeks. They started off with a hiss and a roar laying down the law for the first couple of weeks then it got slack as. Here's an example- Covid announced in Stratford, person from there drives to Auckland picks up Infected person, takes them back to Stratford. The very next day a road block for a couple of hours in Mokau again after none for weeks. A real Pisstake! All ya can really do in my mind is get vaxed, you will have a far better chance of staying healthy when this thing really gets a hold. Oh Yes and get out there and enjoy your fishing while we can again.Beer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kimber7wsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 5:57am
kimber7wsm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Granted every country is learning as they go, but this is incompetence of the highest order.

The plan could have been worked on last year, so that as the vax rollout happened it could be taken care of. Not starting to planning only a couple of months ago.

All they needed for people with a smartphone was, for the doctor's to have a QR code that you scan on your second jab. That could've then automatically entered your state into the Covid app. Job done. 
How simple???

The other people who don't have smartphones, would have then been easy to help because %-wise it's not a large proportion of the population. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 7:53am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Granted every country is learning as they go, but this is incompetence of the highest order.

There are some things that go beyond learning.
Typical IT ppl.. not a clue on end user.
To have a single email per cert...
How stupid is that, espec when comes to elderly and retired ppl.
Even more stupid is all these details get passed by the Minister deck for approval..to pick up stupid details like this.

Tried to get into the site, over loaded, waited , read a little, and likwe mentioned above, last 6 months.
Think thru.
knockdowns borders etc start to open early Dec.
So what is the point getting one now, leave off and end up with 6 months use not 5 months.

Im not clear on what happens if you 6 month to booster comes a week or so after the issue? 
eg if I get the cert on say 1 Dec, and my 6 month booster is due say 30 Dec
Page  123 4>