New boat progress

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (6) Likes(6)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New boat progress
    Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 5:03pm
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just received pics of the new boat - not finished yet and 10 December delivery is likely to be delayed.  COVID delays have meant they are waiting on glass and wiring looms from Auckland.  

I am just a little keen to get my hands on it!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 5:03pm
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 5:04pm
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looking good there !
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 6:42pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thumbs Up
If you always do, what you've always done. You will always get, what you have always got
Henry Ford
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 7:07pm
MrWildabeast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Looks awesome so far, what engine are you planning to put on it?
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 7:13pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Did you consider a walk around model? I cant see the point of boats this size when half the boat you cant fish from.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 9:55pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I suppose that depends on where you go. I've gone back and forth between hardtop, walkaround, pilothouse, cuddy. Pros and cons to all layouts. 

You do have the option of turning the boat around if you want to fish from the other side of it. Tongue
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 6:09am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Very nice Phantom.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 8:32am
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by MrWildabeast MrWildabeast wrote:

It's getting fitted with a 130hp Yamaha.  It's their 585 model so the 130hp sits pretty much in the middle of the recommended power range.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 8:35am
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Snappa Geoff Snappa Geoff wrote:

Did you consider a walk around model? I cant see the point of boats this size when half the boat you cant fish from.

I do a bit of my fishing from in the water (spearfishing) so a walk around is not so advantageous for that.

LOL I sent the pics to a spearo friend and he asked why it had so many rod holders ...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 8:45am
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Phantom Menace Phantom Menace wrote:

Originally posted by MrWildabeast MrWildabeast wrote:

It's getting fitted with a 130hp Yamaha.  It's their 585 model so the 130hp sits pretty much in the middle of the recommended power range.

That's what I have. Thumbs Up

If you always do, what you've always done. You will always get, what you have always got
Henry Ford
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 9:02pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

look really good  - nice colour (a wrap maybe?)

what other brands/models did you consider - and then obviously discount?
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 10:15pm
Platinum
Platinum

Yes it's wrapped.  

I looked at the overall build quality and ended up considering DNA, Osprey and Profile as the frontrunners for me.  Pros and Cons with each (To be honest build quality of all three felt better than other more popular aluminium pontoon boats).

Osprey 565 was an option but when I priced it up the Profile came out ahead slightly (and the Osprey was bare aluminium).  The ride across the three was comparable.  Osprey have more of a commercial feel (they have a few boats as water taxis etc.)

I was tempted to go larger than the Profile 585H but at that size I will still be able to handle it by myself if need be and it's a bit better for beach launching.  It also fits into the parking space I have at the moment (any longer on the trailer would be a problem - it's 6.1m LOA and 6.9m on the trailer).
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 6:33am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

those amphibious wheels look a bit small for sand 
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 8:48am
Platinum
Platinum

Hmmmm that may be why it was a little cheaper than a Sealegs or Stryder? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 9:39am
RockCrashing View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Very nice boat, congrats;)
Hopefully not long delayed. Have a question, is a live bait tank a extra option on profile boats? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 12:21pm
Platinum
Platinum

Yes, live bait tank is an extra option.  There is a list of options on their website. https://www.profileboats.com/models/profile-boats-585h/

They were good at coming back with pricing etc. 
I went with options like:
  • walk through transom
  • two-step boarding ladder
  • king/queen with chillibin under on portside
  • anchor winch
  • 130hp Yamaha (rather than 115 merc in the base package)
  • twin batteries
  • road cover backdrop
  • stereo
  • VHF
  • compass
  • Lowrance Elite 7 TI
We also discussed other additions like extra handrails to make beach launching easier i.e. easier to hold the boat when standing next to it.

Since ordering I have added a spare wheel and changed from Lowrance Elite 7 to Elite 9.

I have just heard that COVID has impacted the delivery schedule so now there's only a slim chance I will get it this side of Christmas ... more likely 22 January (which is understandable).

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 9:52pm
MrWildabeast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sounds good, best of luck getting it all sorted as soon as possible 👍
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 11:18pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

She sure is beautiful Phantom
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 8:45am
Platinum
Platinum

Received a few progress pics yesterday and, sadly, confirmation that I will have to be patient and wait until 22 January. (Luckily I haven't sold my old boat yet so I can still get out).

Page  12>