Another boat ramp gone - Bayswater

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote B Rad as Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 10:16am
B Rad as View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I went to the website and I did some research on this boat ramp and it is on private land. Aren't we in danger of looking like a bunch of d*cks if we complain about it? Its not even an Auckland Council boat ramp or on their land. I support retaining boat ramps but perhaps the approach suggested of making submissions and complaining are going to go nowhere if the land is owned by the developer and not by Council? My last experience with a bun fight with a developer where i joined in with others was a waste of time because the developer couldn't be made to provide things for public use. This doesn't feel like a strategically winnable thing? Unless I am missing something?Confused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 11:24am
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

This may help

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 1:24pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by B Rad as B Rad as wrote:

I went to the website and I did some research on this boat ramp and it is on private land. Aren't we in danger of looking like a bunch of d*cks if we complain about it? Its not even an Auckland Council boat ramp or on their land. I support retaining boat ramps but perhaps the approach suggested of making submissions and complaining are going to go nowhere if the land is owned by the developer and not by Council? My last experience with a bun fight with a developer where i joined in with others was a waste of time because the developer couldn't be made to provide things for public use. This doesn't feel like a strategically winnable thing? Unless I am missing something?Confused
Now you wouldnt happen to be involved in the construction/consultation now would youWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 12:35pm
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

Originally posted by B Rad as B Rad as wrote:

Now you wouldnt happen to be involved in the construction/consultation now would youWink

Guess that's answered the question.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 12:53pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Perhaps even a consulting engineer? Robert Bird Group mean anything to you Brad?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 8:10am
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks to those that have signed and especially to those that have put in a submission.

I added the petition to my submission and will be leaving it open until the hearing so still plenty of time to get more.

But we only have 3 days to get a submission in.

Have you put yours in Brad ? 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 8:37am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Otto is onto it folks,have you got your submission in yet?

Doesn't have to be long or include a lot of guff,just make your feelings known before it's too late.

And I note that Brad has never logged in again since joining and making that industry sponsored post to put people off submitting.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 9:47am
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks Salty C

And here's a photo of now and what they are proposing, but they forgot to add the bus.

(plus all boats and trailers are larger than allowed in the proposal)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 11:41am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Mine is in. Its my local ramp and I use it all the time. Its a gem but will be a disaster if this proceeds
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Manaia#2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 2:44pm
Manaia#2 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Made a submission opposing this. We need more Auckland boat ramps not less. I don't use this ramp much, but with it gone will mean more congestion at the others.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 8:23pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yep. signed.
The way my local beach (Narrow Neck) is getting over run with Utes and trailers on any sunny day is quite worrying. 
Losing Bayswater , which will only increase parking issues dramatically.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 6:49am
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Schampy Schampy wrote:

Yep. signed.
The way my local beach (Narrow Neck) is getting over run with Utes and trailers on any sunny day is quite worrying. 

Good to see been waiting for you to pop up but put in a submission it's easy on line and that's what we need more of, happy to email you mine to get ideas from. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 9:34am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by Schampy Schampy wrote:

Yep. signed.

I used to launch at Narrowneck all the time but boats too big for that now so goto Bayswater and put up with the slightly longer run out offset by great parking and a nice steep ramp. I avoid taka like the plague!
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 11:49am
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Submissions close this Friday, 19th, so be in quick if you want to be heard.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 11:56am
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

...and if Bayswater goes there will be even more pressure on Takapuna.

Less launch facilities, more people, more boats, more rates $$$, less launch facilities.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 4:33pm
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I've made a submission also.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 6:37pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Made a submission. Thumbs Up
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2022 at 8:34am
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

To all those that submitted thanks but now the battle begins.
And to do this we need help so if anyone is able it would be much appreciated no matter how small.
(perhaps sign it as First name then FNet)

For those that want to read more here's a link to the response from BML to the council which shows they have no interest in the general boating community and a reason why waterfront land should not be sold. 

While this does not directly affect many (as in you may not use Bayswater) it will (hopefully) strengthen a case with the council that a marina precinct should stay as a marina precinct.

Likewise the more signatures and comments here the better

Page  <12