Is this wrong or is it just me ?

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this wrong or is it just me ?
    Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 9:02am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Current swellmap forecast as above reads 3 hr interval increases for the 13th & 14th Oct.

There are not any daylight saving changes imminent ... so how can this be ... or is my covid befuddled brain not reading it right ? 
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 11:43am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Hmmm, I don't see what you mean there Bazza, maybe they've fixed it?
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 12:01pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Yeah I couldn't see anything wrong as well, but thought I was missing something.
If you always do, what you've always done. You will always get, what you have always got
Henry Ford
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 2:26pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Hmnn ... I must really be losing it ... just worked out was probably am & pm times being quoted.

Not the first time confusion has taken over logic & no doubt won't be the last.

All you guys will be old & stupid one day as well so don't be too harsh.

Am loath to ask but what day is it again ? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 3:16pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Haha don't be so hard on yourself Bazza, I knoow you're far from stupid
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 10:15am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bazz I noticed something along those lines yesterday morning.. Then not long after .. maybe an hr, after the next update, checked SMap again and was gone..

I have noticed sometimes if check, espec in morning, just before the next update maps , some tiles and other little things sort of go funny...
I have always assumed its because checking as the updates are actually being uploaded.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 10:46am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

Bazz I noticed something along those lines yesterday morning.. Then not long after .. maybe an hr, after the next update, checked SMap again and was gone..

I have noticed sometimes if check, espec in morning, just before the next update maps , some tiles and other little things sort of go funny...
I have always assumed its because checking as the updates are actually being uploaded.

Thanx for posting that Steps as is quite consoling to find that maybe I was ready to be put out to pasture so to speak.

Unfortunately it exposes an even scarier possibility that maybe we both are !!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 10:59am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Unfortunately it exposes an even scarier possibility that maybe we both are !!!!

Yep thats a bit scarry.. have noticed since getting older, one has to stop, go thru the brains 'hard drive' to pick out the right work or name...

But definitely not ready for the pasture yet.. going on you and a few other older m8s, a decade or so older than me, and they are not ready either... I recon looking at around 90+ ...
 Depressing thought thu...spent all ones life counting up, and now its counting down the last couple decades Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 11:08am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

But Steps/Bazza................ its what you do with those remaining decades that counts the most.
Go launch that boat.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 11:58am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Yep thats a bit scarry.. have noticed since getting older, one has to stop, go thru the brains 'hard drive' to pick out the right work or name...

But definitely not ready for being put in pasture yet.. going on you and a few other older m8s, a decade or so older than me, and they are not ready either... I recon looking at around 90+ ...
 Depressing thought thu...spent all ones life counting up, and now its counting down the last couple decades Wink

The scary reality ( as you will discover ) is that life is like a toilet roll inasmuch as the nearer you get to the end, the faster it spins .... one advantage tho, is you are able to plan your own surprise party or hide your own Easter eggs !!!  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 10:10am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Alan L Alan L wrote:

But Steps/Bazza................ its what you do with those remaining decades that counts the most.
Go launch that boat.
Alan

I find as I get older the more I find myself thinking of the hereafter

I go into a room then think "What was it I came here after ?"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:29pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Oh, I get that all the time.
What you do is backtrack to where you came from (if you can remember), then start doing what you were doing back there (if you can remember) and with luck you will arrive back at the same spot and it becomes clear.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 3:04pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Alan L Alan L wrote:

Oh, I get that all the time.
What you do is backtrack to where you came from (if you can remember), then start doing what you were doing back there (if you can remember) and with luck you will arrive back at the same spot and it becomes clear.
Alan

By which time if lucky enough to remember what it was I was after
cannot remember what for !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 10:08am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Why is it get a few older guys around and say something like Alan and Baz above.. and everyone looks down at the ground not admitting the faint scary possibility of Alzheimer or something..?
Get into forums and presto, we are all slower at sorting thru a un defraged hard drive memory finding bits of files(memory) then put the bits together.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 12:08pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Why is it get a few older guys around and say something like Alan and Baz above.. and everyone looks down at the ground not admitting the faint scary possibility of Alzheimer or something..?
Get into forums and presto, we are all slower at sorting thru a un defraged hard drive memory finding bits of files(memory) then put the bits together.

Wouldn't wish dementia on my worst enemy. It is a very cruel disease. Helped look after someone with it. They become different people even though they still look the same. 

Like Dave Allan says : As soon as you get glasses your memory goes, you can never remember where you left your bloody glasses.
If you always do, what you've always done. You will always get, what you have always got
Henry Ford
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 12:57pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wouldn't wish dementia on my worst enemy. It is a very cruel disease.

yes uncle and 2 different m8s parents had it.. not just cruel (understatement) on the person but also on their family and friends.
 I think maybe why on the backs of minds of many of us as we get older (??)
Espec as we occasionally forget why we went to the shed to get something... sort of comforting to know we are not alone and not something serious..

Had a very good family friends wife diagnosed with it couple yrs back..  very very scarry for all.. then only few months back, turns out a side reaction to some of the drugs on for other stuff..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 1:31pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wouldn't wish dementia on my worst enemy. It is a very cruel disease.

yes uncle and 2 different m8s parents had it.. not just cruel (understatement) on the person but also on their family and friends.
 I think maybe why on the backs of minds of many of us as we get older (??)
Espec as we occasionally forget why we went to the shed to get something... sort of comforting to know we are not alone and not something serious..

Had a very good family friends wife diagnosed with it couple yrs back..  very very scarry for all.. then only few months back, turns out a side reaction to some of the drugs on for other stuff..

Phew that would be scary

By the way Steps how did you get on with repairs to your wagon and your outboard.. All good to go. Hope so. Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 2:39pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Steps - I think one of the things that helps prevent that sort of decay is being active - doing stuff all the time. I think of my activities as helping keep me healthy enough to function. Keep the brain and the body active. I wake at daybreak - around 5am. If I am not fishing I am working on a job - sorting my reels, fixing my ute or sorting my new boat trailer (latest project) etc, by 6am.
And I think you and Bazza are same.
Keep it up. Don't stop or you may seize up.
I just recently sailed a 60 ft cat to Vtu from NZ - with one other guy. Because the opportunity and challenge was there.
You need to do stuff so you know you are alive.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 9:48am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

By the way Steps how did you get on with repairs to your wagon and your outboard.. All good to go. Hope so. Thumbs Up

Truck caught up in the back log of accidents and parts supply over lockdown...
Boat dropped off last week , they where booked thru to this wed...

Sort of the same thing if covid gets way outta control.. we get sick and go on an even longer waiting list for scheduled medical care...

I think one of the things that helps prevent that sort of decay is being active - doing stuff all the time.

From observation of last decade or so, and examples of you older guys, recon you are right on the nail there.
 Coming upto retirement a few of m8s, and including couple members here..(Speaking figuratively here).painted the house, finished the gardens, then get under the missus feet. Nothing to do so sit in front of the keyboards..
Afte a while they are hard to 'get on with' due to a lack of 'active doing stuff and conservation'  I dont quite know how to put into words other than become an 'old woman' (absolutely no inference on our wifes)

I think Im fortunate in that I get bored very easy..even watching a TV program with ads.. get up do something and forget to go back and finish watching..

Thu "active" can be a relative term.. my legs and other stuff dont work well, limited in going hunting, but will make the best hunting breakfast the guys ever had..sort of stuff... Something I see as bit sad in many disabled ppl as they get older..
 Even sadder is those not disabled become sedimentary as get older.

Fortunately have had some good m8s with good examples.
Did any of you guys know  Neville Wooderson ?

Smudge ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:22am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Nope, I don't know that name sorry Steps
Page  12>