Auckland Boat Fishing is ON From Wednesday!

Page  <1234>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DJracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 10:19am
DJracing View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

TongueSo just looking at Swell map , the bar is looking very favorable for tomorrow.... Just saying ... 

What yah reckon Smudge / Steps Wink 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 10:26am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Apex Predator Apex Predator wrote:

Its really quite clear...

Auckland remains in Level 3 except for a few conditions that permit you to be closer to Level 2 but with the restrictions of Level 3 while allowing for the Level 2 freedom but maintaining a Level 3 threshold with a Level 2 range while keeping a clear Level 3 environment that will allow you to do those Level 2 activities as long as they meet the guidelines of Level 3 but this is only on the condition that the Level 2 processes are structured to fit in the Level 3 roadmap.

So I can take up to 10 people from 2 households in the 3.6m Mac but only the wife and dog can come when we go out in the superyacht.

That's funny. Great reason not to own a superyacht too, which of course is why I don't have one
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 10:41am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by DJracing DJracing wrote:

TongueSo just looking at Swell map , the bar is looking very favorable for tomorrow.... Just saying ... 

Thanks but Steps has already offered me a spot on his boat for scallops and have had a couple of other offers also which I've had to turn down. I'd be keen if it wasn't for this work thing Cry of course I am grateful to be working so I shouldn't grumble.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 10:45am
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I don't think it's been mentioned so far, but during L4 and L3 many boat ramps in our area of Auckland had chains, bars etc blocking the top of the ramp or access carpark.
It will be interesting to see if they're all taken down, or there will be some frustrated people at ramps tomorrow...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 10:45am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

The post on FB Coastguard sums it up well as to what we can and can't do. If we're sensible and don't break borders, bubbles & behave at the boat ramps then everything will be sweet. 

Best we check our motors start, our batteries are charged and our steering works before getting to the ramp. Those would be the big ticket items for trouble on the water after a long rest period.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DJracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 11:01am
DJracing View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

All good , replaced Manifolds , batteries , pump.. Been run batteries charged.. Hmmmmmm 
Now where did i put all my gear  Confused  or was that the pre lockdown garage sale the Mrs had Shocked
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 11:26am
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just heard from Oram's Drystack.  all go from Wednesday.  Outstanding!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 11:45am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

.........Best we check our motors start, our batteries are charged and our steering works before getting to the ramp.
Sage advice from a salty young sea-dog!
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 11:48am
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Its very interesting,, Auckland and now Hamilton is in level 3,
Auckland has multiple cases and still not much control with cases still spreading, Hamilton had one yesterday, from Raglan, god knows how Raglan got it considering no unauthorized people are allowed to cross the border, Hamilton has a tighter level 3 so no boating even out of Raglan even though its in level 3..... We that have to work in Auckland are stuck in Hamilton unless we want to go to the trouble of obtaining and exemption (not worth the hassle)

I've heard that they may give up on the total eradication of the virus now?  Who knows  Ouch

Boats all ready but we are land locked it seems
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 6:26pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Smudge isnt old enough to retire... yet

Yep.. And next monday looks good as well
Wed
Tides look good,
 Watched the bar low tide to figure out where and how narrow the channel is..If going Waikato stay more closer to the starboard shore break than the bar side... looks more shallow than usual over there...and keep going on that NNW line till well clear.
wind NW, thu do rise around when come in so thats good... Crew sorted..young grandsions 1st trip over the bar and long term m8 and fishing m8 eager as hell.
 Motor run, trim checked, lights, pumps, vhf etc checked, tyres checked...
rods checked and rigged, spare traces sorted,
 jackets checked, Portable vhf and epirp on my jacket checked
bait done(always have bait in the freezer)
Ice..done (use a big plate icey cube in the bottom and heap small ones for the gut cavity.. so done)
berly as per bait.. done.

Not going to hit out 50/60m  that wind picks up and that far off shore, it will pick up a good chop against swell.

And then the wind changes for Frid..  fish across midday tide, and a fe scallops on the way home.

And maybe look at next monday over the bar as well...if the boss will let me go.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 7:23pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Go to 60m if conditions are good Steps, You will have the best fishing of your life. Take skinny gear and if you use a two hook rig you better use 60lb trace and some strong AF recurve hooks because two big snaps on a dropper rig will snap one of them off. Especially 8/0 Gamakatsu's. Use one hook and thank me later. Or better still some jigs. As long as you're using light braid you won't need to touch a bait all day long - especially if your crew use bait to drag the fish in Wink. Good luck!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 7:50pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ready  to rock n roll tomorrow. Taken 1 days annual leave. Have some awesome fresh kahawai for bait courtesy of few mates hooking into them tonight off local rocks. I took 4 off them while watching them, good sized kahawai. Three dropped to young neighbours flatting next door, gutted and scaled on the spot,  and kept 1 for me for bait tomorrow along with a bag of frozen macks purchased at hunts today from the dispenser. Boat ready to go and sitting right over tow ball on truck.
Hope it gunna be as good as my anticipation is.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 11:12am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Gutted.. should never have done it...
 Money was tight a couple yrs back and replaced the CD! unit with a 2nd hand...and died just before the bar...
 Let  things cool down....
A jet ski towed us a 100m just back a little, just to be safer..
Fired up and got all the way back to the ramp nps.

New one just ordered from Prompt Parts wiri...should be here before weekend.
 Gutted.. boats already coming in with big snaps and full bins... gutted.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 11:41am
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

Money was tight a couple yrs back and replaced the CD! unit with a 2nd hand...and died just before the bar...

What a pain... Weather clearing for weekend though....

If you always do, what you've always done. You will always get, what you have always got
Henry Ford
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DJracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 12:29pm
DJracing View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Gutted for yah Steps ,, i was just taking the Piss about getting out today . I am chomping at the bit , but will need to clear some time off. Work for me has been flat out. 
Thinking i am due a couple of days off though .. Real shame that CDI let you down .  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 12:42pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

Give this a try Steps - or check it at least:  If yours is a 1996 or newer, a common problem was arcing between the black-yellow and a ground inside the 6 pin Deutsch connector for the engine harness and the boat harness. Many riggers did not pack both sides of the connector socket with dialectric grease as specified in a service bulletin and the high voltage in the "kill circuit" - above 400 at times - could arc to ground and stop the motor.

Remove both black-yellow and the black wires from both sides of the connector and inspect for any arc marks on the pins and sockets along with any carbon tracks inside the connector shells. Pack the socket with dialectric grease and then install the orange wedge allowing the grease to squeeze out. Use some on the rubber seal also for good water resistance.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 1:00pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Sorry, that's off topic, normal transmission shall resume. I stole that off The Hull Truth btw.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote murrayt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 1:16pm
murrayt View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Ho hum - stuck in Hamilton with boat at Westhaven.
Enjoy the fishing Auckland
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 2:22pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

stuck at work,need to make some $$ before it goes tits up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Transformations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 2:29pm
Transformations View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Also stuck at work😧...for those that did get out I hope you have lots of blood to clean up and a heap of filleting to do. And if you don't, then hope you just enjoyed being out there 😉
We don't know what we don't need till we've got it
Page  <1234>