Auckland Boat Fishing is ON From Wednesday!

Page  <1234>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 7:28pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well you had a lawyer from Akl at the Hastings races last w/end and not to mention the lawyers that went to Wanaka. 
I am guessing a few lawyers own boats too. This will get interesting.
So what happened to the premise that boating was too dangerous under L3 - because CG would have to break their bubble?
Or as Grunta says - maybe stuff doesn't have to make sense anymore?
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 7:29pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Woo ****in hoo!!!!  And there is no way 9 more of you smelly buggers is coming on my boat.

nice to give a full day notice though since i have forgotten how to tie knots, put the bung in, use the iki spike, cast.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 7:29pm
Jimm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

on that note... where can we buy bait/burley?  

I think all the tackle stores have been closed during Level 3 so far??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 7:43pm
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 7:46pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You will have to be pretty silly to go over and land on Coro or similar. I think it’s going to be clear it’s launch and retrieve in Auckland.

It’s pretty simple take it as it is and don’t take the cake.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 7:51pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

You will have to be pretty silly to go over and land on Coro or similar. I think it’s going to be clear it’s launch and retrieve in Auckland.

It’s pretty simple take it as it is and don’t take the cake.

You are dealing with people.
Human nature will see any rules broken for sure.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 7:56pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 7:56pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah for sure V8 it’s gonna happen
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 8:03pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

dhit yes channel island Wednesday!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 8:03pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Alan L Alan L wrote:

Has Brian Tamaki got a boat? Follow him.
Then it will be clear.
Alan

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 8:18pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Jimm Jimm wrote:

What is this "bait/burley" you refer to?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 9:19pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Jimm Jimm wrote:

The warehouse or burnsco
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 9:57pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My interpretation..
She has given up and dosent want to admit it outright..elimination hasn't worked.
Don't be silly and spoil it for all, enjoy your boating freedom and be sensible.
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 10:12pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good,  sick of looking at it on driveway… needs a decent run. Did start it up few week ago. No where I’m going and looking to be first one there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Orchidman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 11:29pm
Orchidman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Here is the map......

We have a charter booked for Friday. According to the map, we cant fish the graveyard but we can exit through the sth channel and fish south of the bar.........

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 7:39am
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Here ya go:

Latest update — 4 October 2021
The Government has announced a 3 step plan for easing restrictions in Auckland.
From 11:59pm on Tuesday 5 October, Aucklanders can travel anywhere within the Auckland region for outdoor exercise and recreation.
You will now be able to go boating  — including fishing from a motorised boat or vessel, sailing, scuba diving, jetskiing and camp overnight. 
There are some restrictions — outdoor activities with other people are limited to 2 households, and a maximum of 10 people.
If a boat has an enclosed space, only one household or bubble can go boating.
If a boat does not have an enclosed space, 2 households or a maximum of 10 people can participate. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Apex Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 9:09am
Apex Predator View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Its really quite clear...

Auckland remains in Level 3 except for a few conditions that permit you to be closer to Level 2 but with the restrictions of Level 3 while allowing for the Level 2 freedom but maintaining a Level 3 threshold with a Level 2 range while keeping a clear Level 3 environment that will allow you to do those Level 2 activities as long as they meet the guidelines of Level 3 but this is only on the condition that the Level 2 processes are structured to fit in the Level 3 roadmap.

So I can take up to 10 people from 2 households in the 3.6m Mac but only the wife and dog can come when we go out in the superyacht.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 9:18am
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Here's the commentary from CG re boating etc. (screenshot from my phone before FB tried to refresh).  

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 9:19am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Correct AP, the logic is outstanding!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 9:49am
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Manaia#2 Manaia#2 wrote:

Seriously - what has she got against taking a tinny out on the Waitemata? Does she think I might make a break for the Bay of Islands LOL

Fairly sure Coast-Guard aren't busy manning MIQ. In most cases they would only chuck you a rope to tow you back to the ramp. Not really much COVID risk in that?

CG are volunteers so yeah they aren't manning MIQ however for them to be out and about ready to help the volunteers need to effectively break their family bubbles e.g. my local CG unit needs a minimum of 4 crew to put the rescue vessel out so that's 4 bubbles.

CG will be working through how they bubble up at the moment as there will be a lot of boats out this weekend so likely more than usual calls for assistance.

It's also a fact that many of the CG volunteers are heading towards the retired end of the age range as these are the ones with more time to volunteer (especially mid-week).
Page  <1234>