Catchelot - RIP

Page  <123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sufishent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 4:19pm
Sufishent View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Very sad news - one of the good guys round here. RIP
You can never have enough fishing tackle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 6:40pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'll be having a rum for ya, Al.
My deepest condolences to your family.
A great loss for all,the forum and his friends.
....... bit lost for words really.

M
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 6:48pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

☹️☹️ RIP Mate
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 7:48pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

RIP fella, your con tributions were huge.
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 7:53pm
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bloody sad news, rest easy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FlawOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 8:00pm
FlawOne View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Very sad news to hear.
RIP Catchelot, you will be missed by all on these forums
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 8:18pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

RIP Al , hope there's plenty of rum cake and the fish are biting for you mate .
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 8:33pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Although we both are in Whangarei I would likely have never met Al without this forum and are enriched because of our friendship. 
I've spent numerous hours chatting and sharing all things fishing in his man cave (cnr of his shed). Even took him out a few times as he didn't have much room for a boat at his place. As mentioned above keen as to help whenever he could. Even had the skills to sort my IT too. 
I'll miss him and his posts here. 
I wonder if anyone else will ever exceed his 47794 likes
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gurnard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 9:05pm
gurnard View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Rest in peace Catchelot.

I hope everyone is alright, especially friends and family.

Very sad news for sure. Definitely a reminder that life is too short.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 9:09pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I never had to opportunity to meet but I enjoyed reading his posts specifically his caption this posts. Very sad.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 8:26am
John_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Definately a good guy, love the banter we had.

Vaya Con Dios Bro.Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 8:56am
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sad news! He will be missed.

Go well Catchelot
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 12:40pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Oh ****, Only just seen this, so sad, I had numerous discussions with Allan, he will be sorely missed on here.I knew he was crook just didn't know how bad. Condolences to his family. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kimber7wsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 6:29am
kimber7wsm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Condolences. Sounded like an awesome guy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (7) Likes(7)   Quote Moggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 6:38pm
Moggy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi All,

Like many of you I knew and have fished with Al. As most have said, lovely guy and would do anything that help you out. It was fortunate that we also shared the same branch of the military (Navy) in common and same trade which gave us plenty to talk about and recall even though we were in very different years, lots of stories for sure.

I had the pleasure of taking him to the Barrier during one of Karps Winter parties along with PJ and Amanda and we sure had some fun and did some good fishing with Al and PJ teaching us new tricks, some were even about fishing lol but that’s another long story….

I have spoken with his wife Wendy and she has told me that Al had a private funeral this morning, he wanted no sadness or fanfare but has left instruction that there is to be party for him in due time. That’s Al always thinking of others.

Its always hard when someone as young as Al dies especially when they in the prime of there life and I know we will all be thinking of his family at this time.

Al you will not be forgotten.

PS I was hoping to add some pic’s of Al to this but for what ever reason I can not find them yet, to be added

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it!
FISH FIGHT The Peoples Protest
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 7:17pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Moggy Moggy wrote:

Hi All,

Like many of you I knew and have fished with Al. As most have said, lovely guy and would do anything that help you out. It was fortunate that we also shared the same branch of the military (Navy) in common and same trade which gave us plenty to talk about and recall even though we were in very different years, lots of stories for sure.

I had the pleasure of taking him to the Barrier during one of Karps Winter parties along with PJ and Amanda and we sure had some fun and did some good fishing with Al and PJ teaching us new tricks, some were even about fishing lol but that’s another long story….

I have spoken with his wife Wendy and she has told me that Al had a private funeral this morning, he wanted no sadness or fanfare but has left instruction that there is to be party for him in due time. That’s Al always thinking of others.

Its always hard when someone as young as Al dies especially when they in the prime of there life and I know we will all be thinking of his family at this time.

Al you will not be forgotten.

PS I was hoping to add some pic’s of Al to this but for what ever reason I can not find them yet, to be added

Thanks for getting in touch Moggy, both here and with your txts. We'll have to give that party a good crack!
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 7:25pm
smelli View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

R.I.P Al mate. Enjoyed our chats over the years and also the helpful advice from you at times. 
Sadly never got to meet in person. 
I have been contacted by a family friend of Al's after I made a comment of his FB page and his Navy mates have started a give a little page for his wife Wendy. Mods hopefully this is alright to post here.. 

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=717361
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 7:35pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by smelli smelli wrote:

R.I.P Al mate. Enjoyed our chats over the years and also the helpful advice from you at times. 
I have been contacted by a family friend of Al's after I made a comment of his FB page and his Navy mates have started a give a little page for his wife Wendy. Mods hopefully this is alright to post here.. 

No problem with that at all Smelli. Thanks for that!
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 7:41pm
smelli View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Originally posted by smelli smelli wrote:

No problem with that at all Smelli. Thanks for that!

No worries and cheers. Beer

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=717361
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zambezi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 10:47pm
Zambezi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm so saddened to hear this my heart goes out his family. 

I literally just reactivated my account and my first thought was wait until Al find outs.

Tight lines forever mate.
A man’s comfort in life can be measured by the quality of the toilet paper he uses to wipe his arse.
Page  <123>