New Site Design - Sept 2021

Page  <1 9101112>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 6:18pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by v8-coupe v8-coupe wrote:

New page to check out guys. 
Reply box at top right.

http://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/sigh_topic136196_page2.html

Yepp I get the same V8
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 9:32pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Hook-It's quote of Smudge was the prob - seems to happen from time to time so we'll see if we can establish the root cause. Maybe just don't quote Smudge - he is - The Oracle of Fishing.net.nz.....Smile
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 9:33pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I'm trouble everywhere I go Grunta Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 6:37pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi Guys.
Just touching bases.
Still having the log in log out saga approximately every three days.
Cheers.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 7:36pm
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Had a lot of trouble. so I have not logged out at all for sometime , not sure if that is good or bad.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 8:07pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think we have to expect that.
As Admin do modifications to code and such because of our grumbling Wink  Some will require a site 're boot'
Others dont but is best practice to do so anyway.
A re boot usually means we get 'logged out'  So have to log back in.
Going on the number  mods admin is tweaking, I think he has been putting a lot consideration to us , login back etc.

Hes got a bitch of a job getting everything sorted.
So much data, settings even code gets imported from the old site into the new updated, unfortunately some issues as well.
On top of that is config for tablets, mobile phone, Android and i phone.. then throw in 5 or 6 different browsers ppl use.
Now throw in computers, apple , windows, linux.. and top that off with 4 or 5 browsers.

And thats just the website.
Then there are the servers, web mail etc..Which I have no longer and mail issues, and looks all pretty much done.

This is a huge job...
So every time one of us has a grizzle, expect admin to have a dig around for quite few hrs, testing , then a possible re boot....

Moral... dont grizzle   CoolWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 8:15pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

I think we have to expect that.
As Admin do modifications to code and such because of our grumbling Wink  Some will require a site 're boot'
Others dont but is best practice to do so anyway.
A re boot usually means we get 'logged out'  So have to log back in.
Going on the number  mods admin is tweaking, I think he has been putting a lot consideration to us , login back etc.

Hes got a bitch of a job getting everything sorted.
So much data, settings even code gets imported from the old site into the new updated, unfortunately some issues as well.
On top of that is config for tablets, mobile phone, Android and i phone.. then throw in 5 or 6 different browsers ppl use.
Now throw in computers, apple , windows, linux.. and top that off with 4 or 5 browsers.

And thats just the website.
Then there are the servers, web mail etc..Which I have no longer and mail issues, and looks all pretty much done.

This is a huge job...
So every time one of us has a grizzle, expect admin to have a dig around for quite few hrs, testing , then a possible re boot....

Moral... dont grizzle   CoolWink
Not a grizzle.
Just an update.
If I was grizzling my prose would have been different. LOL
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 8:48pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

M8 I dont know a single guy into his old school V8s who doesnt grizzle  Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 10:01pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

M8 I dont know a single guy into his old school V8s who doesnt grizzle  Wink

LOL LOL LOL
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 10:36am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

any progress on typing into tiny reply box on right side of screen. Starting to miss the old site design when you could type and read what you type before posting reply.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 9:09pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just a heads up.
Squashed thread again. 
Seemed ok early, however went in again annnnnnnnd: -

Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 11:02pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

my reply box has never fixed from matchbox size with one word per line. You have to type then post read then note where the errors are fix then post then edit and do it over and over. Great upgrade. At least I’m not sent charcoal to write with. 
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 9:40am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Same .. illegal road blocks thread and the manukau reports thread.
 Started yesterday, still same this morning
All the rest looked at is fine.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 10:43am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yes I am getting the same also
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 5:44pm
RockCrashing View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

So it is very frustrating posting new massage in this tiny little box on the right side.
But wait... now many new post/ topic showing up in the left small window!!!
YOU REALY NEED TO FIX YOUR SITEThumbs Down
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 4:34am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Grunta, If it was me running this sight watching it go down hill over the past year since the introduction of the New Site Design  I would be looking at employing  people that are a bit more on to it than Drew and Co. After a year or more of problems and complaints still ongoing doesn't this ever cross your mind that these guys aren't quite up to it?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 6:49am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Thanks for your comments Geoff. While I appreciate any feedback is worthy of consideration, for the record the overall site traffic is up about 10% since the re-design. While the Forums have been the backbone of Fishing.net.nz, since we bought NZ Fishing News in 2016 there's now literally thousands of articles and news items covering pretty much every aspect of fishing on the site.

I appreciate there have been issues with the forum log-in and while it's way better than it has been, there's still a need to log back in if you haven't visited for >24hours. There's also been a couple of hardware configs where the reply box is stuffed up and occasionally the add poster seems to be able to blow a thread out by mucking around with a quote (which is easily fixed if I'm made aware of it). 

You can be confident I'd like to have all those things resolved and believe me there's been plenty of time effort and money invested in keeping it all going and knocking over bugs and issues as they arise. I'll let Tin Soldier respond for themselves but I can tell you that Drew will be there to help pretty much at any time of the day or night and that's a quality that's rare these days.

Importantly too, Smudge, Uncle, and the mods continue to do a fantastic job and I think if you compare the forums to the big social platforms, the calibre of the people that post and the thought behind the vast majority of content on here is head and shoulders above the incessant diatribe of inane, pointless comments you see on some of the other social platforms.

On that note, if we had a budget the size of Facebook (who don't pay any significant tax in NZ unlike NZ based Media organisations) we'd have a website that would sing, dance, stream your fav sports programs live and generally blow your tits off. Unfortunately we don't but we do the best with what we are able to and will continue to do so.

Appreciate the feedback Geoff and go well.

Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 9:00am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks for reply Grant, understand alot better now how  things tick over. Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 9:35am
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi Guys.
Another squashed page.
Also had to log out and log in again to post this.
Take care.
Cheers.

Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 9:36am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ditto
Page  <1 9101112>