New Site Design - Sept 2021

Page  <1 7891011 12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 7:16pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Jaapie Jaapie wrote:

Hey mate,

I usually always go to new posts to see what's happening.

Once there, I then open up each new page in a separate tabas it was never loading properly if you clicked on individual links.

When I go to open the page, you never know what you're going to get.

One page loads across the whole screen, one page is thin and some don't load.

The most thanked forum post is squeezing out the good stuff - any reason why it's there in such a prominent spot?

I'm using an old laptop - all other websites load normally.

Not keen to upgrade to new hardware.

Thanks at any rate for answering the post.Thumbs Up

I get a similar thing Jaapie, I haven't been astute enough to know when it happens though
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 9:13am
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Grunta Grunta wrote:

OK - could be the multiple tabs that's causing grief. Can you go go to https://supportdetails.com/ and fill in your email/and my email and click send - that's all you need to do as it will send us the details of your browser/OS etc and that will help get it sorted.

No idea what your email address is.
Where do I find that?

[Edit Grunta - on the Contact Us page - [email protected]]
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 9:29am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Page lay out has been fine for a while, then this morning be open in new tab or simple just go to that thread , layout screed as above and before.

Its going to a "reply" to thread page, not the page, that the layout is screwed up
 This morning the the Covid, and the RC6Anchor threads only.
 Doesnt matter if only tab, open in tab or go directly to the thread, or go from page number link... they open screwed up , simply refresh, or copy paste the url into a new window.
 I just tried copy paste url in a different browser and still done it

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 9:50am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Still unable to post photos. Now I know how the Warriors fans feel.

Just going thru this step by step.
1/ if you simply click " quick reply " at the bottom you dont get all the features including  adding a pic.
2/ So if gone quick reply, copy your intended post and the hit "post Reply" above. That opens a reply page that has the added feathers..
3/ We used to be able to "browse" to the image file on our tab/computer, but this seems to have gone (???) Leaving just the drag into box..easy on computer screen.
4/ So drag your pic from your computer folder into the upload window box... it uploads.
5/ Now you select your pic from the column on the left, and it previews... all good..
6/ Down the bottom right cnr of the window are the "OK" and "cancel " buttons.
7/ I have issues seeing the bottom of the page, and therefore these button. It seems the upload window doesnt open in 'full screen' therefore the buttons are off the screen, The page is tied to the top of the screen and bottom below the screen. So I hit the browser full page button.. it resizes and the "ok" and "cancel" buttons appear.

Hopefully this is the   issue being experienced.
 The tie to the top of the page and not resizing to tie to the bottom of the smaller window also existed pre updates.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 10:27am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

More and more pages opening in this state for me, Win 10, Chrome Version 95.0.4638.54

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 1:28pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Same as I get on the Covid thread
Originally posted by SaltyC SaltyC wrote:

More and more pages opening in this state for me, Win 10, Chrome Version 95.0.4638.54

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 2:14pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Just had a look at both those pages and they're fixed.  It's a problem caused by quoting other posts but only occasionally so hard to work out the exact issue or to replicate it. The one in C-19 was a quote in one of Smudge's posts and the Anchor thread was Tzer's post.

Let me know if any other pages pop up like that and I'll a) fix them and b) see if we can establish what's causing the odd quote to make that page go pear-shaped.

@Pcj - you say "more and more..."  are there any others that you're aware of as it's sounding like there might be?
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 2:18pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Grunta Grunta wrote:

Just had a look at both those pages and they're fixed.  It's a problem caused by quoting other posts but only occasionally so hard to work out the exact issue or to replicate it. The one in C-19 was a quote in one of Smudge's posts and the Anchor thread was Tzer's post.

Let me know if any other pages pop up like that and I'll a) fix them and b) see if we can establish what's causing the odd quote to make that page go pear-shaped.

@Pcj - you say "more and more..."  are there any others that you're aware of as it's sounding like there might be?
Seems to happen then come right,been clearing cookies etc. Definatly easier to log in .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 2:32pm
RockCrashing View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Still typing in this small window

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 2:56pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

That looks nasty RC - Can you go go to https://supportdetails.com/ and fill in your email/and my email ([email protected]) and click send - that's all you need to do as it will send us the details of your browser/OS etc and that will help get it sorted.

Anyone else having that problem?
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 3:08pm
RockCrashing View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Done - email sent

[Edit Grunta: - all received and sent on to Drew - many thanks]
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sufishent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 6:47pm
Sufishent View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Quite pi$$ed off that a long PM I'd written to someone has been lost due to an error message advising that there was some access limitation - now gone so I can't be specific. Very frustrating.

Also "lose" my forum login after 2 days - despite the forum advising I'm already logged in and need to log out but I'm still showing as logged in for all the other components.
You can never have enough fishing tackle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 8:25pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Sufishent Sufishent wrote:

Quite pi$$ed off that a long PM I'd written to someone has been lost due to an error message advising that there was some access limitation - now gone so I can't be specific. Very frustrating.

Also "lose" my forum login after 2 days - despite the forum advising I'm already logged in and need to log out but I'm still showing as logged in for all the other components.

Yup.
Still getting logged out on the forum pages yet on the main site log in am still logged in.
Have to go back, log out on the main page then log in again.
Duration logged in is two to three days.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 5:55am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Sufishent and V-8, I suggest you email Grant directly and see if he can sort you individually. [email protected]
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 6:51am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My log in problems seem to be finally over! Gone a couple of weeks without a problem, Thanks Grunta! Hang in there Guys I know its frustrating but can be sorted..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 10:22am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It's a problem ( go to distorted reply page rather than the thread page)caused by quoting other posts) 
Dont think so.. happens t me and I have never "quoted"

The log in issue between the forum and front end sections of the web site was an issue way back in the early days (20odd yrs ago) of phpbb .. From memory was originally sorted with release of PHP Nuke versions...
It was an issue of the front and back end admin data base sections calling to each other.
Also tied up with an admin user (front end) could not have the same pw as user (backend) and admin.... Hack was to find the encrypted Admin PW then edit the same user data base and physically replace that encrypted pw code.
 Been long time since coded/ messed with this stuff... but may be a direction where to look at the data base code.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 10:47am
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I can't log in on my PC,but can on my phone,I just keep getting told I'm logged in but when I click forum and try to post it says I don't have permission?
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 11:07am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not a single page distortion today, even those threads that have distorted in the past..
 Same computer, browser, and Computer hasnt been re booted, or browser been closed down.. yep both permanently up.. for months at a time.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 5:20pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 5:22pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It works, cheers Grunta and team. Android phone.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Page  <1 7891011 12>