New Site Design - Sept 2021

Page  123 12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Site Design - Sept 2021
    Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 6:49pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

If you thought the Fishing.net.nz admin team had just been lolling about and drinking beer through this latest lockdown then that's not quite how it's been! 

There's a new site design about to go live and that includes a new look, theme, updated servers and a major revamp of content that will be an ongoing project over the next few months.

The plan is to switch tomorrow 23/09/21 starting around 10am and while we switch servers and the Tin Soldier team do all that heavy lifting, the site will be off-line for an hour or two. That may change between now and then but that's the plan....

Our top priority will be to keep the forums running and we're really looking forward to going live with the next iteration of NZ's top online rec fishing resource.

As always, we'll look forward to your ongoing feedback, thoughts and comments on what we can do to make it better either through the forums, via PM or to me personally -> [email protected]

Post Options Post Options   Likes (7) Likes(7)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 6:56pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

That's great news Grunta! I just sent a pm to Mattoo telling him this was about to happen - literally a minute ago. 

Guys please don't confuse the Admin team with the Mod team. I have been lolling around drinking beer.OK, I'll fess up. I am lolling around drinking beer.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:47pm
Foxtrot Oscar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks to both the Admin and Mods Teams.

For the Log-in issue previously reported I have solved that (Thanks Grunta) by switching to MS Bing rather than Chrome.
Haven't been 'dumped' since doing that.

Like Smudge - I'm lolling lazily and secretly slurping suds surreptitiously. 

No chance of wetting a line this side of summer but am enjoying reading of those outside AKL who can manage to snaffle a snapper. - Tight Lines!
      ><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 9:01pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great news Grunta. Well done. Good luck.
As for Smudge - I would expect nothing else. Well done Smudge too.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 9:20pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Alan L Alan L wrote:

Great news Grunta. Well done. Good luck.
As for Smudge - I would expect nothing else. Well done Smudge too.
Alan

Hehe well you have met me at my worst Alan, now 6 beers and 2 Glenfiddichs in Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 9:21pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Foxtrot Oscar Foxtrot Oscar wrote:

Thanks to both the Admin and Mods Teams.

For the Log-in issue previously reported I have solved that (Thanks Grunta) by switching to MS Bing rather than Chrome.
Haven't been 'dumped' since doing that.

Like Smudge - I'm lolling lazily and secretly slurping suds surreptitiously. 

No chance of wetting a line this side of summer but am enjoying reading of those outside AKL who can manage to snaffle a snapper. - Tight Lines!

Thanks FO, best of luck with the fishing when it happens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 9:26pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Transformations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:05pm
Transformations View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Quote" Hehe well you have met me at my worst Alan, now 6 beers and 2 Glenfiddichs in "

Ya must be watering them down if you can still spell Fengiderich afer all those smudge😂😂😂

We don't know what we don't need till we've got it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:15pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

[QUOTE=Transformations]Quote" Hehe well you have met me at my worst Alan, now 6 beers and 2 Glenfiddichs in "

Ya must be watering them down if you can still spell Fengiderich afer all those smudge😂😂😂

[/QUOTE

Woter thum downe? Nahhg Fool streengths buudy andt theys havint evin effective me won butt
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:16pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Hehe just kidding it's 8 beers and 4 single malts
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:18pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

OK, I'm really just eating toast and drinking coffee but the other stories sound betterBig smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 9:28am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cool.. 30 mins to lift off Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 10:15am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Getting excited now LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 5:29pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Like a new to play with . Thanks Grunta,so far so good.Didnt need to log inThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 5:40pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Been a big day but we got there. Still a lot to do in the rest of the site but great to have things running on new bright shiny gear!

Big thanks to Drew - huge effort and thanks for all your help!

If anyone has problems with anything relating to the site just let me know.

Log-ins/password issues - text or call me personally on 021-996-955
Any bugs or probs that pop up while you're logged in drop me a PM or a note in this thread.

Beer o'clock! Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 6:00pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice.. Clean..
The old had a drop down banner that was a bit of  pain.. This one has one and general menu... pops up but not a annoyance... and useful..

And crisp
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 6:01pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

trying to change from mobile to classic view on my phone yields:

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 6:03pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Thanks Keith. Will be in touch in the next few days re that plan around helping anyone who needs some assistance and appreciated the offer - just wanted to get this bit nailed and as you can imagine she's been a pretty big job...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 6:05pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Originally posted by SaltyC SaltyC wrote:

trying to change from mobile to classic view
Thanks mate - will refer that one to Drew.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 6:06pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

500 server error trying to delete photos but thats been a problem for awhile,no biggie though.
Page  123 12>