Spring clean and season prep

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spring clean and season prep
    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 9:14am
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We all keep out boats in good order, and maintained.
With  what's going on around us now I have been watching the mould grow on my canopy.
Got up this morning and emptied the waka, of everything that was not bolted down, then jumped in with the water blaster. Cover is soaking from second wash and I am waiting for boat to dry to start next phase of my spring clean.
Not that it's a competion but we should have photo competion, see who has got the biggest pile of stuff they take out of their boat.
What do you guys do for your pre season prep, or when was last time you checked all those hiding places on your boat.Wink
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 9:48am
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I emptied mine recently, not completely, but horrified at some of the crap..
I did soak my road cover in napi San, it helped but didn't get rid of the mould patches..
Next one might be black..
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 10:22am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

With  what's going on around us now I have been watching the mould grow on my canopy.

Prevention is the secret.
 Hand bottle spray of gone in 60 secs.. Dampen / mist every thing after each trip... takes about 2 mins from getting the bottle to putting back
DO NOT BREATHE IT IN  big breath in the cabin..
 Do not get on clears.. Im not sure on this but clears maybe sensitive to it (???)
Spray the seams around clears, bimmini seams close up.
 I dont think spiders and ants like the stuff either.

It also prevent smells

Getting mould patches out.. IE the mould has been killed, removed, and what remains is a very persistent stain on very porous material. In other words its pretty much a permanent dye.
 The green algie stuff cleans off easy.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 10:58am
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Big -Dave Big -Dave wrote:

I emptied mine recently, not completely, but horrified at some of the crap..
I did soak my road cover in napi San, it helped but didn't get rid of the mould patches..
Next one might be black..

Haha, I  carry spare clothes and food. Might need to check the clothes havnt shrunk while being in storage, also my spare food might have passed its use by date, but they say it's only a guide.

Also pulled out anchor warp and and cleaned out the welll, and will reverse rope or replace when the shops open back up.
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.