How irresponsible was that ?

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 4:51pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I don’t know who is policing this crap nowadays but yes it was disgusting and as you say not on late, even some of the adds on tv are a bit out there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 6:14pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I guess plenty of you have been there and seen that.
But the US has a gizillion TV channels. I was holed up in a hotel room for a few nights, trying to pass the time, and flicked on TV. I had so many channels to choose from. Total crap. Every last one of them. It made me think, NZ (back then - a decade or so ago) actually screened most of this rubbish out. The odd US channel had some shows that were shown in NZ. But most had B and C grade rubbish sitcoms, talk shows etc.
I am guessing a lot of these reality shows are now filling some of those gaps.
The Ads were more interesting than the shows.
50 yrs ago Frank Zappa summed it up, with the immortal words in a song
.............. I am vile and pernicious, I am............. Have you guessed me yet?
I am the slime oozing out of your TV set.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:27pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

Originally posted by Kandrew Kandrew wrote:

Originally posted by Schampy Schampy wrote:

There was a time back in the day when the likes of the Discovery channel used to feature interesting documentaries about pretty much anything and everything that involved animals and nature.
Now days its just hour after hour of absolute bullish-t reality tv rubbish. Take Naked and Afraid.... I mean WTF - what is that supposed to be? Whats the point of it?
Alaskan Bush people... give me a break, they are all paid actors.
Notice how all their boats have brand new Yammys on the back. None of them would last a week out there in Reality.
The shows that feature Hillbillys hunting the likes of Bigfoot,or mythical dog like creatures, UFOs etc....my god, who dreams this sh-t up?
As Smudge said Wicked Tuna is the only thing bearable due to the fact they are actually catching a fish. But the whole manufactured rivalry between them, weigh ins, etc is on par with the likes of Jordy Shore  but without the slappers.

“Naked and Afraid.... I mean WTF - what is that supposed to be?” That’s a classic Haha - getting bitten on the end of the —— by a fire ant!

Have you seen Naked Attraction - naked people stand in a booth with 3 doors and they open up the doors from the bottom. The contestants choose the person in the booth based on how their parts look before they see their face. Where is TV going to!

Yes ,and thought what is this Sh#T,and not even on late.Saw about 5 minutes and that was it..
Did you see those 2 NZ girls that went on Naked and Afraid I think they were twins. Instant celebs
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 8:19pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

Originally posted by Schampy Schampy wrote:

There was a time back in the day when the likes of the Discovery channel used to feature interesting documentaries about pretty much anything and everything that involved animals and nature.
Now days its just hour after hour of absolute bullish-t reality tv rubbish. Take Naked and Afraid.... I mean WTF - what is that supposed to be? Whats the point of it?
Alaskan Bush people... give me a break, they are all paid actors.
Notice how all their boats have brand new Yammys on the back. None of them would last a week out there in Reality.
The shows that feature Hillbillys hunting the likes of Bigfoot,or mythical dog like creatures, UFOs etc....my god, who dreams this sh-t up?
As Smudge said Wicked Tuna is the only thing bearable due to the fact they are actually catching a fish. But the whole manufactured rivalry between them, weigh ins, etc is on par with the likes of Jordy Shore  but without the slappers.

“Naked and Afraid.... I mean WTF - what is that supposed to be?” That’s a classic Haha - getting bitten on the end of the —— by a fire ant!

Have you seen Naked Attraction - naked people stand in a booth with 3 doors and they open up the doors from the bottom. The contestants choose the person in the booth based on how their parts look before they see their face. Where is TV going to!

Yes ,and thought what is this Sh#T,and not even on late.Saw about 5 minutes and that was it..
Did you see those 2 NZ girls that went on Naked and Afraid I think they were twins. Instant celebs

I didn't watch the show but the twins are local to us. They do a lot of hunting and outdoor stuff. Years ago I weighed an 82kg YFT for one of them, it was and I think still is a NZ Women's record.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 9:04pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I think I saw them on 60 minutes or something. Hard core girls alright. Certainly no stranger to the outdoors etc.
Yep not to shabby either..... 
Page  <12