Hacker

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hacker
    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 6:17pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Anyone have any issues with attempted hacking on their devices from Fishing.Net today?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 7:08pm
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I had something like that yesterday just declined his request and exited the page. Seemed odd but was not thinking hacker
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 7:16pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Please tell me more Muppet. Have you messaged Grunta?
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 7:25pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No I ain’t the most tech savvy but it tried to redirect me to an app. I obviously did not download it.
I cleared my data and ran my clean up stuff no issues but thought I would warn folks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 8:01pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Had the same thing happen once last week maybe Wednesday, closed the browser hasn’t happened since.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 8:24pm
jac View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I did yesterday. Was on here and got redirected to another page saying my phoned was hacked. Shut page down and turned my phone off for 10 minutes
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 8:25pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

No I ain’t the most tech savvy but it tried to redirect me to an app. I obviously did not download it.
I cleared my data and ran my clean up stuff no issues but thought I would warn folks.

yeah had this a couple of times earlier in the week, I'd click on a story thread and it would direct me to a weird site
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 8:31pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

As above, twice in the last few days.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 8:39pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just happened to me, it is a redirect hack:

Mahaidroagra.com is a site that tries to trick you into subscribing to its browser notifications so that it can send notification spam directly to your desktop or phone. Image: Chrome browser is redirected to Mahaidroagra.com.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 8:43pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

A few hours ago there were about 5 posts that obviously were scam
appearing on the Capt Morgan section but they disappeared not long after so did not bother reporting them presuming they had already been dealt to.

Maybe they were connected.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 7:47am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Can anyone tell me the sequence - i.e: if it's a link somewhere on the site that you're clicking to be redirected?  i.e: what triggers the redirect is the critical bit.

We get a few spam posts but those are dealt to pretty quickly by the mods or admin as soon as we see them or are alerted to them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 8:31am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It tries to link you to an app called Beat Bits from memory.
How it happened.
I clicked on a thread and a pop up window occurred telling me my phone was trying to be hacked.
I clicked to go to security and it went to that app.

Which I did not click on or download.

It happened twice to me yesterday.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 8:32am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I forgot which thread it was but I am sure it was two different ones.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 9:49am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I clicked on the arrow head to open the latest post in this thread and was immediately redirected to the site above.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 9:50am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Only happened that one time to me so far
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 9:55am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 9:56am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Grabbed from browser history
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 4:40pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Is this legitimate advertising Grunta.

Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 7:52am
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I had the same thing last week but don’t recall the details.  I think I just clicked on the forum link and it tried to redirect me.

Might want to check your .htaccess as that is often the source of redirect hack and is easy to miss
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 12:47pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Kandrew has also had a problem:

I just went to the site on my iPhone, went to menu new posts and got diverted to a website that said your phone has been hacked.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Page  12>