Lockdown landbased reports

Page  <1 234
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 8:45am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by Telecaster Telecaster wrote:

I think the "no fishing off rocks" thing is really to keep people off dangerous area like the rocks at the end of surf beaches etc. The flat sandstone shelves around the bays are pretty tame really.

Yeah for sure but by saying "You can fish from a wharf or the shore, but do not cast off the rocks or fish from a boat", that is what they are actually meaning. I don't think they are looking for us to apply judgement in what is dangerous or not so have made it pretty clear cut. Plus the local aspect. 

They've taken a similar and less clear cut stance on mountain biking by saying its "okay on easy trails if you are experienced and know the trail. Choose a trail close to home. Do not go on tracks that are grade 3 or above". But what's "experienced" ridden before vs ridden for last 20 years??  I've been riding local trails that are ungraded and would prob be 2 to 4 if graded but I've ridden them thousands of times. Yes there could be accidents but would be freak like tripping over on the street or over a rock whilst walking the beach etc. Hell, I got attacked by a magpie on sunday and that almost put me off the bike LOL

We just need to apply common sense really and use the mindset, if something went wrong, how would this look in the media
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 10:07am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I agree with that JK.

Does not take much to hurt yourself rock fishing, heard some horrible stories.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 10:00pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 11:10pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

wicked!
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 11:49pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

well done Patrick, landbased gurnard awesome.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote DamoGill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 1:23pm
DamoGill View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Got these two off Manly last week. Wasnt expecting much to be honest but by all accounts there has been a fair few fish caught!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 1:27pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

September is one of the best months for LB a lot snapper start to get really active in close before the schooling season starts.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 8:36pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

35 cm snapper off seawall tonight… took 3 outings over weekend to secure it and used a lot more than its weight in pack n save pilchards. But oh well, was fun spending quite few few hours catching it. 
Hoki fillets from supermarket in air fryer potentially better, easier, and equally delicious alternative… but you then don’t get to use your fishing rod and get that quality time away from the wife.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote jpfishingnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 9:52am
jpfishingnz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

After seeing a dozen Windy notifications over the last six weeks, frustration got the better of us and a Friday mission was planned. Grunta and I made the trip up to Army Bay with the Rippton drone.

We’d heard some great reports of decent snaps caught up that way, but in hindsight, they were probably a little further out than we could manage with the Talica 50. Three flights out to ~ 500 meters between 5pm – 8pm saw around 8 fish caught, mostly small, but two keepers around the 35cm mark.

Bloody lovely evening with beers and snacks, plus plenty of interested locals chatting to us about the drone, or providing a bit of intel. We're already scheming and the next trip is likely to the west coast (possibly Muriwai). Has anyone had much success in close out there recently??

New Zealand Fishing Media - Sales Manager
Page  <1 234