Lockdown landbased reports

Page  <1234>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lingee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 6:30am
lingee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

thats a first, well must start canning aspargus for cats. be in all super markets next week ha ha.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 9:51am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cats  f ing cats.. planting stuff , crap.. stink , kills all insentive to grow , maintain and even more so pick veggies.

This new place, section 1/2 size (840sq m) of last one.. neighbours closer lots cats..
So got a small solar panel electric fence... put around the gardens about 100/ 120 mm high ... works a treat.Thumbs Up
 Also , no cats , more birds, l far ess caterpillars , slugs snails bugs etcThumbs Up

Down side, cant rem the number times accidentally checking if working... and I spend lot of time in bare feet Thumbs Down
One gets et used to it.. its not like grabbing a E fence, and current goes right thru the body.. is usually shin to foot.

Also got to keep an eye (more ear) open for the edge plants growing onto the fence wire... its a definite "tick...tick.." heard even from the other side of the garden.

I borrowed the unit to try couple yrs back, got to return it after lockdown.. its worth buying my own unit ...About $250/ 300 last time looked.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 10:09am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think we need a separate gardening thread Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 11:13am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Josh Rudd is just working on this page to provide plenty of links to surfcasting and other landbased articles for anyone interested.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 1:18pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Grunta Grunta wrote:

Josh Rudd is just working on this page to provide plenty of links to surfcasting and other landbased articles for anyone interested.

Great idea!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 8:23pm
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Managed to time full tide, sunset and calm seas together at the same time hitting the beach about 5pm tonight. New rigs with sharp hooks and breakout sinkers remembered today. This time I set up two rods and my little buddy was first hooked up but once again first fish threw the hook.

I was 0/3 from the two trips this week and wondering what i was doing wrong but sun was going down so figured there was still some good fishing to come.

Changed bait from mullet to skip jack and did the damage on this little guy. A few more baits taken but went dead about 630 so packed up. A lovely evening with some nice company. And will be back out soon now I've had success...

Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote LONGROD420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 10:47pm
LONGROD420 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey guys thought I'd share a few pics of the Trevs caught along Tamaki Drive over the last week or so and it's good to see them in such great numbers, lost some real donks this year too with plenty of foul language to go with it hehe but that's what keeps me coming back for more. Small cubes of pilly straylined have been dynamite with a small twitch as the bait is drifting down in the current, and ridiculous twitching with the Zman 5" bruised banana jerkshads has been working great also, Anyway it's been great to get out over lockdown especially for the mental and I can't wait to get out of this lockdown so I can get out on the big muddy..Tightlines

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 6:22am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

frighten great result. Awesome to be able to catch a few meals! Thanks for the pics too

The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 9:42am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Well done on those Trevs!

Looks like caught on a variety of approaches too?
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishfeeder2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 9:57am
fishfeeder2 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Cray
Try going to the right about 50mtrs back from that point...it fishes well down there in a high tide...or just to the left of the stream where that large rock is.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LONGROD420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 2:16pm
LONGROD420 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yeah mate getting them on jigs, Softies, Ledger rig and Strayline, Cube of pilly on a half oz Jighead used like a strayline was by far the most effective though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 4:10pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good work LONGROD420!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 8:05pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That’s awesome fishing longrod, haven’t seen trevs like that since used to get em in August school holidays off ti point wharf near Leigh. Used to catch em on squid snodded on hook, squid was sold in talleys boxes 8 inch by 4 inch. Used long shank kirby galv hook with 2 ounce ball sinker.  Cast off wharf on outgoing tide and left to to suspend mid water in current.

Quote:
=LONGROD420]Hey guys thought I'd share a few pics of the Trevs caught along Tamaki Drive over the last week or so and it's good to see them in such great numbers, lost some real donks this year too with plenty of foul language to go with it hehe but that's what keeps me coming back for more. Small cubes of pilly straylined have been dynamite with a small twitch as the bait is drifting down in the current, and ridiculous twitching with the Zman 5" bruised banana jerkshads has been working great also, Anyway it's been great to get out over lockdown especially for the mental and I can't wait to get out of this lockdown so I can get out on the big muddy..Tightlines

[/QUOTE]
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 9:10pm
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by fishfeeder2 fishfeeder2 wrote:

Cray
Try going to the right about 50mtrs back from that point...it fishes well down there in a high tide...or just to the left of the stream where that large rock is.
thanks fish feeder. Yep that spot was to the left of stream and rocks. I went again on Sunday without a rod and there was a fishy looking hole another 150m to the left of stream. Apparently snapper and trevs too coming from it. Will try again soon. Can't see the boat being used for a while 😕
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 7:31am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yeah why use the boat when you can wander down to the waters edge and get feeds like, what you are pulling out. Too good 
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 2:31pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I do like trevally. Good looking, hard fighting fish. Must be one of the easiest to fillet and the skinning trick is magic. One of the best when eaten raw, acceptable when cooked. Best not to freeze though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 4:08pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MB MB wrote:

I do like trevally. Good looking, hard fighting fish. Must be one of the easiest to fillet and the skinning trick is magic. One of the best when eaten raw, acceptable when cooked. Best not to freeze though.
What’s the skinning trick mate?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 6:14pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Kandrew Kandrew wrote:

Originally posted by MB MB wrote:

What’s the skinning trick mate?

There was a link to a vid showing how to do it put on the forum recently Kerry .... bound to be someone here that knows where.

When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 11:50pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 9:22am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Page  <1234>